Fellow Church People

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That concludes all the letters in the New Testament written by Paul. Next follows the remainder of the New Testament introductions.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The letter to the Hebrews

The letter to the Hebrews was written to a group of Christians who, faced with increasing opposition, were in danger of abandoning the Christian faith. The writer encourages them in their faith primarily by showing that Jesus Christ is the true and final revelation of God. In doing this he emphasizes three truths:
1. Jesus is the eternal Son of God, who learnt true obedience to the Father through the suffering that He endured. As the Son of God, Jesus is superior to the prophets of the Old Testament, to the angels and to Moses himself.
2. Jesus has been declared by God to be an eternal priest, superior to the priests of the Old Testament.
3. Through Jesus the believer is saved from sin, fear and death; and Jesus, as High Priest, provides the true salvation, which was only foreshadowed by the rituals and animal sacrifices of the Hebrew religion.
By citing the example of the faith of some famous people in Israel's history(chapter 11), the writer appeals to his readers to remain faithful, and in chapter 12 he urges his readers to continue faithful to the end, with eyes fixed on Jesus, and to endure whatever suffering and persecution may come to them. The book closes with words of advice and warning.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The letter from James

The letter from James is a collection of practical instructions, written to "all God's people scattered over the whole world". The writer uses many vivid figures of speech to present instructions regarding practical wisdom and guidance for Christian attitudes and conduct. From the Christian perspective he deals with a variety of topics such as riches and poverty, temptation, good conduct, prejudice, faith and actions, the use of the tongue, wisdom, quarreling, pride and humility, judging others, boasting, patience and prayer.
The letter emphasizes the importance of actions along with faith, in the practice of the Christian religion.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Thanks Michelle. Postings about the letters of Paul coming very soon, and if you don't mind me asking what is your church's denominational title?
oh you are very welcome i am really enjoying these posts , sorry i did not tell you my church demononation i ment to and i forgot he he .:embarrassed:

I am Church of Christ .

i have been all 26 years of my life .

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I was born a Catholic, grown up under Lutheran and Presbyterian teachings, mixed freely with people of all sorts of Christian faith as a devout practicing Presbyterian, studied for the Presbyterian ministry but rejected, been an Anglican, now a Catholic and am wondering whether God may one day call me into the ministry of the Salvation Army.
I have had a broad association with believers in Christ of all varieties haven't I?

Church of Christ is one group I've never experienced though I have heard of them. And I love all true fellow believers in the Lord. God bless you Michelle. :smile:

I'm continuing my posts about the New Testament books. I hope you all continue to be blessed as you read them.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The first letter from Peter

The first letter from Peter was addressed to Christians, here called "God's chosen people", who were scattered throughout the northern part of Asia Minor. The main purpose of the letter is to encourage the readers, who were facing persecution and suffering for their faith. The writer does this by reminding his readers of the Good News about Jesus Christ, whose death, resurrection and promised coming has given them hope. In the light of this they are to accept and endure their suffering, confident that it is a test of the genuineness of their faith and that they will be rewarded on "the Day when Jesus Christ is revealed."
Along with his encouragement in time of trouble, the writer also urges his readers to live as people who belong to Christ.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The second letter from Peter

The second letter from Peter is addressed to a wide circle of early Christians. Its main concern is to combat the work of false teachers and the immorality which results from such teaching. The answer to these problems is found in holding to the true knowledge of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, knowledge which has been conveyed by people who themselves have seen Jesus and have heard Him teach. The writer is especially concerned with the teaching of those who claim that Christ will not return again. He says that the apparent delay in Christ's return is due to the fact that God "does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants all to turn away from their sins."

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The first letter of John

The first letter of John has two main purposes: to encourage its readers to live in fellowship with God and with His Son, Jesus Christ, and to warn them against following false teaching that would destroy this fellowship. This teaching was based on the belief that evil results from contact with the physical world, and so Jesus, the Son of God, could not really have been a human being. Those teachers claimed that to be saved was to be set free from concern with life in this world; and they also taught that salvation had nothing to do with matters of morality or of love for others.
In opposition to this teaching the writer clearly states that Jesus Christ was a real human being, and he emphasizes that all who believe in Jesus and love God must also love one another.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The second letter of John

The second letter of John was written by "the Elder" to "the dear Lady and to her children", probably meaning a local church and its members. The brief message is an appeal to love one another and a warning against false teachers and their teachings.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The third letter of John

The third letter of John was written by "the Elder" to a church leader named Gaius. The writer praises Gaius because of his help to other Christians, and warns against a man named Diotrephes.