Fellow Church People

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Personally I believe in the creation accounts of Genesis. With each day having some creation performed until it was finished in 6 literal days. Then He rested on the 7th day. God did not use the Big Bang of evolution to make everything appear and then evolve it over millions of years. That's not what Scripture says.
But I can agree with you if you mean in context that God said Let there be light. And there was light like as in a big bang illuminating the start of the first week cycle as instituted by the Creator in the beginning.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes it is nice to be open about things on a forum. Personally, in my experience, I think it is possible for God to be the creator and still make evolution possible. But, not trying to start a debate here. :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yep. And God did not need to create the world or us, He chose to because He is love (1 John 4:8,16). And people can do horrible things sometimes because after the initial sin of the first people Adam and Eve (Genesis 3) sin entered and infected the whole world (Romans 5:12). And it sure didn't take long for sin to be evident! Immediately Eve passed the blame to the devil and Adam blamed both Eve and God ("The woman YOU gave me, gave me this fruit"). And it wasn't long after that the first murder took place, Cain killing his brother Abel over jealousy (Genesis 4). But we are so blessed that this same God who created us out of love also "loved the world so much that He gave His only begotten Son (Jesus) that whosoever beleives in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

And yes, people attacking or ridiculing or censoring someone's beliefs and convictions is always frustrating. One thing that also keeps getting worse each year is the attack at Christmas time of public displays of nativity scenes, crosses, etc. and even saying the words "Merry Christmas" (Often we hear of stores instructing employees to say, "Have a good holiday"). Whenever I watch some tv shows from the 50's thru the 80's it's a big reminder of how far we've slipped and how silly this has gotten. Cuz those shows (eg. Andy Griffith, Brady Bunch, All in the Family, Bill Cosby, Jeffersons, I Love Lucy) all said "Merry Christmas" and often even sang songs about Jesus Christ (eg. Andy Griiffith sang " Away in a Manger" and sang the line "I love Thee Lord Jesus" and Mrs. Brady sang "O Come all Ye faithful", repeatedly singing the refrain "O Come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord!") . And I'm sure those shows didn't even get ONE letter of complaint from an "offended" viewer. Heck, even Mike Stivic's character (played by Rob Reiner) was an atheist and yet he had no problem saying "Merry Christmas" with people. How could such a thing possibly be offensive; even if you're an atheist it simply is wishing someone peace and good will! But it's another example of polical correctness run amok.
But in Him I live and move and have my very existence and being (Acts 17:25-28) and am so happy to be set free! :smile:

Edit: Ziffeled by heralde!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes, it's upsetting when a Christmas special that mentions God has suddenly become obsolete. It is political correctness taken too far.

Though, I don't mind saying "Happy Holidays," because there are people who don't celebrate Christmas.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well said Ziffel

Actually Eve technically blamed God as well. She said "The serpent deceived me.. and I ate" and in effect she was putting the blame upon God who had created the serpent that deceived her. But she and Adam were both without excuse. Satan was the tempter speaking through a serpent as a conduit. But they freely chose to listen to his temptations. None of us can justify our sins with that old catch-phrase "The Devil made me do it." He has no power to make anyone sin. They yeild to his temptations and have only themselves to blame.

Praise God that Jesus His Son was tempted but always overcame. He had to be perfect. If Jesus had ever done the wrong thing Himself, then He would have no longer been worthy to be our Saviour. He would have been as guilty in His Father's sight as the rest of us. It is through His perfection and substitutionary death and glorious resurrection that we have hope for our eternal happiness. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Jesus wasn't supposed to be perfect, just without sin. If he was perfect, he wouldn't have gotten angry at the people selling things outside the temple. But I do get what you're saying.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Well said by you too, Martin. :smile:

And that amazing sacrifice of love by Jesus too reminds me of the words "Love hung on a cross". The Father loves us so much that He sacrificed His Son on our behalf. And then the Son loves us so much that He not only endured all that torture for us ("Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from me; yet not my will, but Yours be done" -Luke 22:42) but even could have halted it at any time had He wished (eg. When Peter defended Jesus by slashing at one of the men taking Him to be cruciifed, He said,
"Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and He will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels?" -Matthew 26:53). Wow, no wonder the Scripture doesn't just say "God is so loving" but rather, "God is love".

Edit: Ziffeled by you again heralde! And let me point out that while anger can often be bad, there is a righteous indignation too (like Jesus rightfully upset that they turned His Father's house into a money making market and also when He was righteously upset at the Pharisees for having such indifference to humans being healed. See Ephesians 4:26 where we are told to "be angry" but "yet not sin" or "let the sun go down on your anger and thus give the devil an opportunity".

Beakerfan

Reaction score
How can you be without sin and not be perfect? That makes no sense. Jesus's anger was a righteous anger. He was angry because the temple was being turned into a market.

Edit: Ziffeled by Ziffel.lol.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes, but he trashed the place. He wouldn't have told his followers to react to their anger like that. It's supposed to show that Jesus was human just like everyone else. God made Jesus to be like us (in every way except sin). Not some impersonal, perfect figure we couldn't relate to.

I don't think being good means being perfect. It means being good.

But you know, there are a lot of versions of Christianity, a lot of people's interpretations. That's just the way it is, and we have to accept that.