First Pepe plush revealed!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Forget blow-up dolls.

I have a tire repair kit. Where's that innertube...?

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
It's time everyone calmed down and moved on. We don't all have to like each other and we certainly don't have to share the same sense of humor. BUT we do have to be respectful. Some people didn't appreciate Cory's joke and that's fine. Attacking each other is not cool. Cory stepped up and apologized, publicly, to Luke and whatever you think of Cory, he deserves respect for that.

Let's all quit fanning the flames and get on with good, Muppety fun before this degenerates into yet another TP versus MC thread. Everyone is entitled to their website and forum preferences.

Don't mean to sound preachy, but we do have family-friendly standards on this particular Muppet site. Thanks everyone! :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Here’s the skinny on the situation . Cory wanted to see the old Pepe picture that I created a year ago so I provided him with the link. We then joked what would happen if that link were published. He quickly posted it on the board. I wasn’t serious, but still had no problem with it. I also thought he’d use my address. That would have been a dead giveaway. He’s been joking a lot these days and it was a pretty obvious mock-up. I didn’t think anyone would believe it. There was no real blessing but there were a few giggles and no objection. I didn’t think he would actually do it. I did inform him that some members would be ticked off. Just the tread’s title alone is enough to annoy members.

None of that really bothers me. Muppet Central has always been a place for harmless fun. It’s when situations turn mean or personal that they become unacceptable. Cory should have realized that some people were going to go off and he should have been ready for that. There was no excuse for him to fire back so harshly. But on that note, some members were very hard on him. That’s the thing about any joke of this sort. You have to be prepared to take responsibility if it backfires.

I don’t think it was a mistake to post the image or to joke about it. I do think the reactions on all sides have gotten out of hand. Calling people names, bleeped or not, is not acceptable here and can result in action from the moderators. It seems that some members crave abuse and others are willing to give it. If you are truly annoyed by anyone on the forum, instead of feeding the problem – ignore them. There’s a whole button for that in User CP. Heck, I’ve tested it lately and enjoy it very much. It’s almost like a Caller ID option. Great stuff.

So in closing – I apologize if my artwork irked anyone. It was originally made for a different purpose. Now that everyone knows the situation, there is no need to fan the flames and assassinate the character of anyone – whether they are on this board or not. This thread will remain open for any productive discussion about how to deal with such situations it the future - if we should add this to a list of Muppet Central rules. If any more back and forth flaming occurs, this thread could be closed.

beaker

Reaction score
Sorry for the headache mods...really. I seriously would not post levity satire news threads if people didnt like em. Yes IVe done that a lot(Gobotron's great short film billed as an epic new trailer, etc)

But please believe me when I say this, it pains me to see such a deep rift in the Muppet community, and I do get an uneasy feeling inmy stoach from bickering and flaming. But what am I to do? Its the same folks who seem to havie it in for me no matter what related forum I go to. I wish everyone *could* get along,
I wish ther was no political divide over petty disagreements. I admit it, I wish things were like they were back in the day when everyone was cool. However, then I see all the contributing and great influx of new comers over the last few months and I am happy. I will be the first to admit Ive gone against the grain of what this is all about, with flaming and not helping matters.
My thing was I was just surprised to see this thread turn so ugly by the end of page one....just seemed so strange.

Somehow I feel further from the magic of it all then I did four years ago.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
It's time everyone calmed down and moved on. We don't all have to like each other and we certainly don't have to share the same sense of humor. BUT we do have to be respectful. Some people didn't appreciate Cory's joke and that's fine. Attacking each other is not cool. Cory stepped up and apologized, publicly, to Luke and whatever you think of Cory, he deserves respect for that.

Oh yeah, that was before he mentioned me, and called Nate an assh*ole right? Yeah, boy, I sure do respect him now.

There was no legitimate reason for Cory to bring me up on this thread, as I had not made one comment about the Pepe picture, or his tirade afterwards. I am loathe to speculate on the actions of our most verbal bi-polar poster, but I can only guess that he was almost pathetically attempting to draw attention away from himself, and onto someone else. There was just no need for that.

As Jamie said, there was bound to be some backlash for his prank (which I frankly didn't think was necessarily deserved, but then again, I can see how some people just get sick of Cory's crap), however, if he wasn't prepared to take it, then he shouldn't have posted the fake photo. He might also have been wise to stick to lashing out at the people who actually commented too, instead of widening the circle of negativity (an analogy specifically designed to speak to Cory, since we all know how he likes to load us down with cheesy symbolism).

And for the record, I don't tolerate idiots or manic-depressive attention seekers IRL any better than I do online. I'll leave Cory to connect the dots on that theory.

SNLIM

Reaction score
after reading through everyone's posts...wow. i can understand everyone's point of view, but let's try to learn from the situation and not make it worse....

This thread will remain open for any productive discussion about how to deal with such situations it the future
...listen to jamie

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Ok.

In the future, any prank merchandise posts should be posted in "Fun and Games".

Sounds simple enough to me.

SNLIM

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
Ok.

In the future, and prank merchandise posts should be posted in "Fun and Games".

Sounds simple enough to me.
sounds like a plan to me.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SNLIM
sounds like a plan to me.
I agree. What do you think about adding this added to Muppet Central's guidlines?:attitude:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I agree. What do you think about adding this added to Muppet Central's guidlines?:attitude:
That would be an excellent idea.

Why not just say something like, given how excited people can get over new merchandise/Muppet news, and to prevent any confusion for fans, please use the Fun and Games folder for... you get the idea.

I really think a lot of this could have been avoided if the post had been there in the first place. People might still have been "fooled", but would quickly have realized what was going on once they saw where it was coming from.