Five Years, and Still Snowthing: A Retrospective

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
You certainly have had your share of ups and downs Snowth, and it seems like you were going down far more often than the upwards direction. :sympathy: I certainly can relate to you in some ways. But that is a topic for a retrospection of my own that I may write someday.

Getting back on topic now, I sense that I have obviously been a very significant source of support for you with my strong Christian faith as we've corresponded by PM. More so than even I realized myself. You did give me little bits and pieces when looking for advice, but now I see the full picture clearly in your retrospection.
Thank you for sharing this testimony Snowthers. I'm delighted to have been used by God to make a good difference in how you coped with your life's troubles. :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow, lots of highs and lows, now I know why you say 2006 was such a bad year. I don't remember much about that time, I was so absorbed in getting married and finding a new job at that time. Wow. Well at any rate, I am hoping things are looking up for you now Snowthy and I can't wait to read some more of this.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
2006 wasn't a good year for me either. that's when the kids at school got superficial and phased me out as a friend.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Part Five: Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining (August 2007 - November 2007)​

:rolleyes: In the summer of 2007, things were getting just a little better for me; thanks to Prawnie, I was challenged to a race to the number three spot in the 10,000 Club, but miraculously, I won, lol (thanks again for the challenge Prawnie)! I also got myself excited for Season 38 of Sesame Street, and I was pleasantly surprised at just what a fantastic season it was - plenty of Abby Cadabby, Chris is simply one cool cat, and Elmo's Worldless episodes! Whoda thunk? The only bad thing I can think of around that time was when my computer was suddenly infested with Trojan Horses and SpyWare, and I donned my Colonel Hogan alias during that time to avoid anything happening to my D'Snowth account... lol, "Colonel Hogan"... what the heck was I thinking? Lol. It was also around this time the idea for my sitcom first hit, and I'm still shooting to have it on TV by next fall, hopefully, lol. Yep, I pretty much thought this was about as good as life was going to get for awhile... until September came... that's when we learned what crackpots our landlords were, and they were kicking us out of our house! The news delivered to us on the afternoon of September 2, and we were to be completely out by the morning of September 3... so yeah, we were pretty much up ALL NIGHT LONG moving stuff out... just the three of us moving our stuff in a matter of twelve hours! Later, there we were, stuck in a hotel room, a Days Inn to be exact with a VERY cantankerous manager who hated us and could not WAIT for us to leave... I will say this, though, that place had a NICE pool (though that's NOT the same pool as pictures in the link provided), and BOY did Tommie get a lot of attention, because we had to keep her outside, and EVERYBODy was drawn to her, lol. What can you say? She's cute! So after about a month, we were out of there... during this time, I had no internet access, so the only chance I got get on MC was whenever we had the chance to go to the library, which wasn't EVERYDAY, but we did have a few chances.

:search: So anyway, our stay at Days Inn was short, and pretty soon we had to find another hotel to stay in, since we STILL hadn't found a new home yet (it's funny when we need it, nothing's for sale or for rent, but then when we're not looking, EVERYTHING's available)! It was during this time that I realized something: us getting kicked out of our house was TRULY a blessing-in-disguise... I didn't realize until then that I never really truly DID like it there... those last few months, I had succeeded in tricking myself into tolerating it, but deep down, I just never did like it there no matter how optimistic I was. So anyway, back to the story, we managed to seek shelter in a Motel 6 (actually, it was a hotel, but that's just the name) WAY out in the sticks! I say "the sticks" because this was in the eastern part of Knox County, and East Knox County is pretty much like farmland (West is HAPPENIN', North's mostly residental and community-oriented, and South is pretty desolate), but at least there was ONE perk: the rooms had INTERNET CONNECTION! Yep, via an ethranet cable, I was hooked up to the internet, and that meant I could spend sometime with my family during our stay! THIS family that is, my MC family! Being able to spend sometime with my MC family was truly a nice get away from the monotony of being stuck in a hotel room day in and day out, but I didn't really care, just so long as we were out of the cracker box, I was fine, though after a while, stuck in a hotel isn't very pleasant, lol. But anyway, during that time, you guys really were a great deal of support, and I appreciate all that; I had never had a really good, fast, flawless internet connection in a hotel room before, and like I said, being able to stay connected with you guys during those difficult times was wonderful! Some of my fondest memories during this time was knowing the fact that we wouldn't be celebrating Halloween this year, but I showed you guys what my dream costume would be, lol. , more reminiscing about T*K*O with my partner-in-crime, and spamming [url=http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=20824]The Quote Thread with constant Courage the Cowardly Dog quotes (because we had BASIC, basic cable in the room, about twenty-four channels or so, and my mom would let me watch Courage everynight while she pouted because Courage to her is like Hogan's Heroes to me, lol).

:excited: FINALLY by November, we thought we finally found a new place, the only thing stopping us from getting in? My demented nana! I swear, my nana is DEMENTED! I know, my mom knows it, my dad knows it, my aunt knows it, my uncle knows it, my mom's bestfriend knows it, my SISTER knows it, EVERYBODY knows it! My nana is Freddie from The Funny Farm and th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-th-THAT'S ALL FOLKS! Yeah, we needed a loan from nana, but she kept holding out, which kept preventing us from getting the house, until FINALLY nana gave in and gave us a loan (though she acted like she was selling her soul or something... So we had the loan, we had the money to get into the house, and by Thanksgiving, we were in, and what a great house it was! FINALLY, I had a room with room to move around again, and did I mention we had SHAG carpets? Hoo-wee, if we didn't leave MY couch behind (well, it wasn't really my couch, but it was gonna be), it would've looked GREAT on the carpet since it was a retro couch, lol! So's the 'spective!

BEAR

Reaction score
I remember most of this stuff when it happened. You always had a dark cloud over your head a lot of the time. I'm just glad that MC provided you with a nice haven.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Part Six: Happy Days Are Here Again! (November 2007 - April 2008)​

:super: Yes, indeed, by November of 2007, I was a happy camper again, we were finally in a new home that was completely awesome (dad didn't like it too much), the weather was getting cold, I was, in the words of Stimpy, Happy-happy-joy-joy-joy! Of course, it wouldn't have been possible without you guys.

:insatiable: At this time, this installment of the retrospective will be slightly different... this time, I doing something similar to my 10,000th Post Retrospective, and share my favorite memories of the time period listed in the title of this post!

Please note: I realize some of these posts have actually been created BEFORE November 2007, but they were especially significant during the above mentioned time frame

:grouchy: That last thread there reflects that in February of 2008, we learned that our new landlady was a crackpot as well, and had signed an eviction notice for us (because we were ONLY TWO WEEKS LATE WITH OUR rent). We managed to fight back though, and that bought us time until April 2008 when we finally had to leave again.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
You were so close to ziffeling me just now! Good thing I clicked on full post-mode :wink:

I find it hard to believe that this thread got to page 8 without my seeing or posting in it. But after skimming through trying to catch up and reading all the nice things you said about, me, I don't know what to say anymore. I'm so honoured that you said I was your first best friend. Best buddies forever! **Huge glomps** Your 'nerdy, creative' T*K*O moment was a stroke of brilliance and I will always regard it as such, since that was probably the best times I've had on the forum too.

Ignoring your praise of me for a minute, someone should be praising YOU and how good of a friend you've been to me! Always there to critique my art, or chat about things, or share funny videos, or rant about Canada. Even though I can't always be around, I know that you will always be there when I need you and vice versa, and it's fantastic to have a friend like you. So thank you. :smile:

I don't know what else to say because it's hard to put our friendship into words, but I think you know how important it is to me.