Flippersteps in the Sand

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
EEE! This is awesome, Lisa!!! Oh wow, I also agree with Beth, I don't know what we'll do when you're gone on your trip!

Also, in my own opinion, that was nicely done for Richard's line. XD *hugs her Scooter doll, beaming.*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
New Chapter! My thoughts.
Wanring: Should be "w-a-r-n-i-n-g".
a god 10 minutes? Didn't know God had 10 minutes to spare for the brainstorming of this special. Maybe it shuld be "g-o-o-d" 10 minutes instead.
After the session when you start with December 15... 1971? Have we used Bunsen's grandfather clock to go back in time again?
Me thinks it should be 1973 instead.
Soultry, that's what you were looking for last night?
Midnight Central Road... Mmmm.
Snivelly... Good, research done, that was something I myself went through with earlier versions of the list.
Rully liked Miss Mousey's appearance and Kermit's flirting... Seems he's in better spirits now.
*Always did like Miss Mousey, unfair what the pig did to eliminate her from the cast.

And the Electric Mayhem! Oh man! Mayhaps you'll expand on this and where the yellow-bearded trumpet player was loitering during that introduction so as that he wasn't noticed by anyone else as missing.

One last thing though... How can anyone think this story can't get any better?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Thanks Ed, fixed those things. Yes, "sultry" was the word I was looking for. It's not the first time I've forgotten that word, but I sure hope it's the last! Thanks for noticing the bit about Snivelly. Did you catch Crazy Donald, too? And Market Central Road, aka Midnight Central Road... Please tell me you're connecting some dots there? Please? Anybody? As for the Electric Mayhem, I do intend to go a little more in-depth about them, somehow, but I haven't quite figured out the exact details yet.

And about Miss Mousey. I have heard, several times, in several places, that in some screen test footage or something for The Muppet Movie, Miss Piggy said something about something she had done to Miss Mousey. But that is ALL I've heard, and it's driving me crazy! ...Well, I mean, I'm already crazy, but... Would somebody PLEASE tell me what Miss Piggy said? Or is there some sort of oath of silence that everyone who has seen that footage takes, because that's what it feels like sometimes. (I'm teasing about that last sentence. But I do really want to know!)

Beth, Renee, I'm glad you're enjoying! I really didn't expect this story to have educational value... Educational value? Makes it sound like something we would read in school. Now THAT'S a class I would take! But I'm self-muffining. I'm sure you'll find something to do while I'm gone. I mean, there's all sorts of things you could do! You could read other people's fanfiction, of course, and nag them, and you could re-read people's fanfiction, and hey, if there's a shortage of fanfiction (which I don't really see happening), you could look at old fanfiction! You know, dig up the older stories that have since sunk away into the depths of the forum. There's some fantastic stuff there!

And of course, you WILL still be writing YOUR stories, now, WON'T you? <Is really more telling than asking. I'm bossy like that when I nag.>

Oh, um... or you could, you know... have a life outside of the forum... I'm not quite sure how that works, but uh... well you can try!

Anyway. Time for me to hit the notebook again. No, not REALLY hit it, I mean WRITE in it!

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
Yeah, I really want to know what Piggy's little admission is, too!

I really love this chapter, Lisa. I love how you write Kermit and Rowlf's interaction...I love it when they do. (My fic-in-progress focuses on them.) I love how you write Miss Mousey, too. In fact, I just love how you write.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh, please don't hit it! It's been good to you; besides, you'll need it in Isriel! I mean, you will be writing there, won't you? That is, when other people aren't giving you a dose of your own medicine, that is, bossing and nagging? How long did you say you'll be there again?
I liked that chapter; now I see why Kermit said TMM was an approximation of how they all met. Very clever! It seemed to be moving a bit fast though, what with the over two year gap. Just out of curiosity, will it be slowing down shortly?
Update soon, and if we don't hear from you before you leave, (which we better!) than have a good trip!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ooh, ooh, questions, yay!

I will be out of the country for roughly six weeks. One day in New York, (yes I know that's not out of the country,) One week in Poland, five weeks in Israel, one day in New York, and then home! And, well... I will be doing lots of writing, in a notebook, yes, but I doubt there will be any time for fanfiction writing. You see, this trip is one of those "once in a lifetime" deals where you keep a really detailed journal and then ten years down the road you look back at it and say, "Oh yeah, I'll never forget that sunrise... Oh, so THAT was that one guy's name! ...Hey, I completely forgot about this that and the other thing..." Well, that, or you don't keep a journal, and ten years down the road you look back and say, "What the heck did I do on that trip, anyway?" So, most of my writing time will probably be going towards that journal, but I'll at least do some brainstorming on the plane. It's just that they keep us really busy on these things, so don't expect me to come home with the rest of part one finished.

As for the pace, well, yes, that over-two-year-gap was a bit of a stretch. I said in the first post of this thread that it's sort of in fast-forward, and some things will be skipped. Some parts move faster than others, though. Like, here, it moved very quickly. We'll be slowing down a little in the next chapter or two, and compared to this chapter, we'll practically be at a stand-still in 1975. But after that, we'll be really picking up the pace again. Keep in mind, I have to get us to October 24, 2006 by the end of part one. This is already 97 pages in Microsoft Word, and we're only in 1973. (Not that I have any idea how many pages it will end up being, but let's just say that Swamp Call is 147 pages, and I'd like to stay relatively close to that number, but no promises.) It's gonna move pretty quick, pretty soon.

Anyway, thanks for the well wishes. I will be posting more as soon as I can. You WILL be hearing more from me before I leave!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm...
Yes, I caught Crazy Donald's cameo... Though he gets a name change later.
Yes, dots connected... Nice subtle refurrence.
Trying to find the outtakes, not sure if it's on the TMM or TGMC DVD release. Will LYK when/if I find it again.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... Could you please post some more? Come on, you know you want to before you leave...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Is coming, is coming! Got two hands only!

But seriously- or at least, as seriously as Muppetly possible- I've been struggling a bit with this next chapter. I think I've got it now, though. Should have some more tomorrow. Maybe even tonight, but that's pushing it.