Floyd and Janice's Date Night Drabbles and Oneshots

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
This oneshot is a continuation of my oneshot, 16 Bars and 16 Kisses. If you have not that oneshot, I strongly recommend reading it before reading this one.
http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/16-bars-and-16-kisses.51991/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. How 'Bout A Slow One?
Janice couldn't believe what just happened to her. Her first legitimate kiss. Her first real kiss from Floyd. Her heart almost melted when his lips touched hers. She just couldn't believe it. Her party couldn't get any better.

After kissing and talking outside in the garden behind the Wildflower Club, the two decided to head back inside and join the rest of the party. Floyd gave a quick peck onto Janice's cheek before the two went their separate ways to mingle. He headed back to where Dr. Teeth, Zoot and Animal were. "Hey, man, where've you been off to?" Dr. Teeth asked. "The party's pretty much halfway over." "Oh, me and Janice were just talking out in the garden," Floyd replied, trying to hide the fact that he and Janice just had their first kiss as a couple. "Man, I think you're hiding something from us," Zoot said in suspicion, something he's rarely. "What am I hiding?" Floyd asked, a little nervously. "C'mon, man. Spit it out," Dr. Teeth insisted. "SPIT IT OUT! SPIT IT OUT!" Animal yelled in encouragement.

Floyd rolled his eyes and responded "Okay.....I just kissed Janice on the lips." "You did?" Zoot asked. Floyd nodded. "Man. We never kissed when we dated." "You guys only went out for one season," Dr. Teeth said. "And then you broke up with her just so you can date your sax." "Yeah, I know," Zoot responded, holding up his saxophone. "I mean, she's pretty sexy for an inanimate object." Floyd and Dr. Teeth laughed. Zoot was always a strange character to them. The two things he loves in life are sleeping and his saxophone. And that's pretty much it.

"Hey, you should request a slow one!" Dr. Teeth said suddenly. "A slow one?" Floyd asked. "No man, I don't dance." "Floyd, you dance fine," Dr. Teeth replied. "C'mon, dance with your girl. It's her party." "DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!" Animal yelled. Floyd gave in....again. "Alright, I'll do it," he said. "Dr. T, you go get the song ready. Zoot, you take care of Animal. I'm gonna find Janice." "Alright!" Dr. Teeth said excitingly. "Let's get started with Operation Slow Dance!" "SLOW DANCE! SLOW DANCE!" Animal yelled excitingly.

On the other side of the room, Janice was busy talking with Delores (Trumpet Girl). "So he really kissed you?" Delores asked. "Fer sure," Janice replied. "It was like....so...romantic. You ever get that feeling inside of you whenever someone kisses you? Like, it makes you feel like you have butterflies in your stomach." "Well....I have been dating this one guy for a while," Delores responded. "He plays trumpet, just like me. And he's really sweet. Very quiet, but sweet." Janice listened in as Delores continued to babble on about her boyfriend, but couldn't help but think about the one thing on her mind now. Floyd. Sure, this was her Sweet 16, but she couldn't help but think about nothing but him.

Floyd then went over to where Janice and Delores were. "Hey ladies," he said. "Hi, babe," Janice replied, excitingly. "Hey, Floyd," Delores chimed in. "Jan, can I steal you for a sec?" he asked. "Oooh, flirtacious," Delores teased. "Like shut up, Delores," Janice said. "I'll be right back." Floyd pulled Janice over to the side to talk to her. "Listen, Dr. T really wants you and I to do a slow dance," he explained. "Just one." "Oooh! I love slow dances!" Janice said excitingly. "So like what's the situation?" "I can't dance too well," Floyd responded, sounding a little embarrassed. Janice felt a little concerned and said "But like what about that one time........." "That wasn't with you, though." he interrupted. "It's different now because this is the first time you and I are legitimately slow dancing." "Ooooh," Janice said, understandingly. "Don't worry, hon. I'm like a pretty decent dancer. Just follow my lead, okay?" Floyd nodded and then hugged her for a moment. Janice loved when he hugged her. It just gives her the feeling that she feels cozy in his arms.

Dr. Teeth quickly went up to the DJ. "Hey, music man," he said. "My friend here has a request for a slow one with the birthday girl." "Is this "friend" her boyfriend?" the DJ asked. "How'd you know?" Dr. Teeth asked in surprise. "I guessed," the DJ replied and quickly went into his pile of CD and found an old record. "Sixteen Candles?" the DJ asked. Dr. Teeth turned to Floyd, whom was in a not so far away distance and shrugged. "He don't care," Dr. Teeth replied. The DJ then got the record in and immediately the song began to play.

Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday, Baby
Oh, I love you so

"Oh, I like always wanted this song played at my Sweet 16!" Janice said happily. "I've been like dreaming about it for years. Like no Sweet 16 is complete without it." "I'm glad you're happy," Floyd responded and lead her out onto the dance floor.

Sixteen candles make a lovely light
But not as bright as your eyes tonight
As your eyes tonight

Blow out the candles
Make your wish come true
For, I'll be wishing that you love me too
(That you love me too)

Floyd followed Janice's lead as the two danced, trying not to step on her. But the position seemed almost perfect. Her arms were wrapped around his neck, but his arms were around her neck as well. Floyd never felt so nervous about something like this in his life, especially when it came to dancing with his girlfriend.

You're only sixteen
But you're my teenage queen
You're the prettiest, the
loveliest girl I've ever seen
(I've ever seen)

Dr. Teeth looked on proudly, seeing his two friends and band mates dancing together. He never thought he'd see the day that two of his friends would fall in love. And he was sure of it this time. "Ummmm....how old is her boyfriend?" the DJ whispered to Dr. Teeth. "21 and a half," he replied. The DJ's eyes were wide open when he said that. A 16 year old going out with a 21 year old? Happily? The DJ thought their relationship wouldn't last, but he thought wrong.

Sixteen candles in my heart will glow
For ever and ever
For, I love you so
(For, I love you so)

While dancing with him, Janice laid her head on Floyd's chest, pulling him closer to her. Floyd didn't feel as nervous anymore, but rather he was more relaxed now, knowing that Janice had trust in him. He then moved his arms down from her neck to her waist. And there they remained.

You're only sixteen
But you're my teenage queen
You're the prettiest, the
loveliest girl I've ever seen
I've ever seen

Sixteen candles in my heart will glow
For ever and ever
For, I love you so

Just before the song ended, Janice looked up and gazed lovingly into Floyd's eyes. "I love you, Floyd. I rully mean it," she said. Floyd smiled, seeing how happy his girl was, and replied "I love you too, baby." Janice then kissed Floyd on the lips long and sweetly as everyone looked in awe. She never wanted to leave a man like him. Someone who is not only so sweet, charming, gentle, understanding, and music minded, but is also someone she could trust with her life and take good care of her. If she and Floyd could run away together and live on a beautiful beach, they'll do it. Without any doubt at all

For, I love you so

------------------------------------------THE END---------------------------------------
I actually had MY Sweet 16 last night, so this was what this story and 16 Bars and 16 Kisses was based off of. The song in this oneshot is that classic 50's song that used at almost every Sweet 16 (yes, including mine) is "Sixteen Candles" by The Crests.

Oh my gosh. My dad used to work as a DJ for A radio station in Tennessee. And he played this for my mom on her 16th birthday. Ironically he was 21 and the got married after that. Sorry your story just reminds me of my mom and dads relationship

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
Supposed to be sleeping but instead I'm reading janice and Floyd Fanfics and I have work in da morning lol