foam questions

ScottMonster

Reaction score
Originally posted by upwithkids
You may be able to take your foam to a foam fabricator and have them cut it down to 1/2" thick sheets for you. You could check with an upholsterer to find one in your area.
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Are we talking ordinary, garden variety upholstery foam here, or reticulated(sp?) foam. From what I've heard, the latter is the kind professionals use, regarding upholstery foam as "junk foam". Though I know of no places in my area where this professional quality foam can be purchased. I'm not saying there are none, I just don't know where it can be purchased.

Hays

Reaction score
A good way to get cheap foam is to buy a cheap foam mattress cover. It has those weird waffle shapes, but you can either trim those off with an electric knife, or just use the flat side & squish that part up with contact cement.

Rowlf the dog

Reaction score
Go here, http://www.puppetbuilder.com/index2.html and learn how it's done. Everything you need to know, as far as what to use, is on this site. I like that you’re being creative and making your own puppets and not copying the muppets. Although I did make myself a "Mister Moose" to go with the "Bunny Rabbit" that I have owned since the fifties. Old, aint I?! I also bought a new "Bunny Rabbit" on Ebay so he looks as good as the moose.
I also own a Lambchop, Bert, Ernie, Grover, Kermit and of course Rowlf. I've made Homer from Home Depot and Jesus for a guy who does shows for kids at his church. Not to mention all the sock puppets I've made with my son. You really ought to try and get Cheryl Henson's book on making puppets you can learn a lot about eyes and noses and such. Have fun and try to clean up the mess you make so your mom (or wife) doesn't lose her cool.