1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Follow That Bird Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by BEAR, Aug 4, 2005.

1. FutureMuppeteer

FutureMuppeteer New Member

anyone else???

any questions at all. when I conduct this video...he is bringing in the script of the movie...WOOT!

the interview will be done next week sometime, so bring on those questions. I will pick 10 questions and post them on here. (that is if the Admins let me...could this possibly get a sticky for a little while?...I will post another topic just for this.)
  2. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

I think I know the answer.

Miss Finch was performed just like BB; with one arm in the head and neck, and the other one in her left wing.

It looked like the performers of the Dodos had a mechanism in one of their hands, allowing them to work the beaks. (The same mechanism is used for "Sesame Street Live'.) The eyes appeared to be remote-controlled (or at least Mommy Dodo's were; they were able to rotate).
  3. AAO

AAO Member

Being a big fan of this movie, and thus it being my all time favorite muppet film overall, the questions i have are...

What was it like to work with Carroll Spinney - or did he work with Spinney?

Does he know the placement of the Blue Bird of Happiness puppet as well as Miss Finch and the Dodo's.

Was Jim Henson really involved with this project as much as he was with some of his other Muppet projects?

What was it like to film the "chase" scene? Any problems, technical problems, or etc.

Were there any story problems or subplots that didn't make it to the film?

What did they do with the Sesame Street set they used in the film?

How long was the film in production?

What was filming like for Big Bird running from Ernie and Bert flying the plane?

Is there any behind the scenes footage or deleted scenes that he knows of that could possibly turn up years from now?

What happened to the character's cars, especially the Count's? - That car is awesome! I love cars and I love the muppets...thus the reason I love this movie so much...

What was the original draft for the film like?

Any original pitches or ideas for the movie that really seemed impossible?

Could this have tied in with the series, "Sesame Street"?

OKay, well there's a few of my questions...But the biggest question i want to know is, "Did he have fun?"

This movie is very satisfying for everyone. It's got comedy, excitement, and so much more! I loved it! Hope to read the interview soon!
  4. FutureMuppeteer

FutureMuppeteer New Member

awesome questions...I know he will have the answer to some of them. thanks!!
  5. Muppet Matt

Muppet Matt Active Member

Does he know Caroll Spinney's address?
  6. muppetfan89

muppetfan89 Member

I just finished watching it, and I haven't seen this movie in about 12 years, since I was 5 years old. I like as much as I did then. It's just a really good film for both kids and adults, which is important, IMO, for a successful kid's movie. After watching it, I also realized that kid's movies these days aren't what they used to be. You look at films like this or Pee Wee's Big Adventure and more. Those are just good films. I got nothing against today's CGI kid films, but they just don't beat kid films from the 80's and early 90's.
  7. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I agree, but there are still a few good recent ones out there. Pixar would be the perfect example.
  8. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I think nowadays companies are afraid to be a little corny and sentimental in kids' programs, often at the expense of the message. And they're also convinced kids are easily "confused." There are still some good kids' movies, but they are fewer and far between. And we will end up regretting it down the line.
  9. muppetfan89

muppetfan89 Member

Pixar is great, I love pixar. I can't wait to see the upcoming Wall-E. I just meant that CGI has become oversaturated. I just think that kids don't need animation to enjoy a movie. If they could understand situations in animation, I'm sure they won't have a problem watching live action movies.
  10. muppetfan89

muppetfan89 Member

I think I saw a person watching Big Bird being taken away, as Telly is trying to wake Oscar up. If you look to right you can see a person. I didn't see the boy in the red shirt though, I tried looking for him, but no luck.
  11. Lamango

Lamango New Member

:wisdom: Ah, this film was great...

Some things I thought would have made the film better, and things that bugged me...

One, when ever Big Bird was on the road, you somehow wish a certain Bear and Frog would drive up to him and ask him for a lift...

Telly, why where your eyes so imobale? WHY!

Oscar being a wise guy...Lawl.

And, I have a question... When Big Bird fully closed his eyes, the only other time I've seen BB close his eyes so fully, was in the Muppet Show third season... When he laughes at Piggy...
  12. Taco Wiz

Taco Wiz Member

This movie was pure genius. However, I was shocked and upset that Elmo didn't have a cameo. Then again, if Elmo appeared, he probably would've stolen the spotlight. Anyway, this movie was Sesame Street's finest hour. Big Bird was in the spotlight, as nature intended, but the other characters had several memorable bits, similar to The Simpsons Movie. The idea of greedy carnival workers wanting money is a bit too advanced for the targeted age group of Sesame Street, so I have no idea why that was added.
  13. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I thought Elmo was in there, either at the beginning or at the end.
  14. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's at the end with other monsters, saying "No no no no no" from an apartment window.

As for the Sleaze Bros., the film needed a good villian (or in this case pair of villains) that wouldn't be too scary for the kiddies. My sister was 3 when she first saw the movie and she picked up on what those guys were up to. Unfair carnies are all over the place, rigging games and raising prices just like Sid and Sam did.

Sam: "Ten cents for the round trip, kid."
    Kid: "Ten cents? What a rip off!"

It was rather convenient of them though to have a truck with a huge bird cage, complete with swing, on the back of their truck.:crazy:

All in all, a wonderful film! Perfect to watch on some Sunday afternoon in summer with some iced tea.

Convincing John
  15. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Elmo was a different type of character back then, he never really stole anything, even in the parts when he was in the spotlight :). Grover was the 'cute' monster of the 80's-early 90's IMHO :super:, and he did it without being 'too much' because Telly, and Cookie Monster were always around to...
    I miss the more family like feeling of the 80's shows/movies, now it seems like the characters keep to themselves alone or in pairs a lot more than they use to:cry:
  16. RL4422

RL4422 New Member

Everytime we went to rent a movie, my sister would pick a Pippi Longstocking movie... and I would pick "Follow that bird"... EVERYTIME :) I bought it recently and watched it for the first time in almost 20 years. I remembered everything :) What a wonderful movie, and how nice it is that people keep that type of thing alive!
  17. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah, I think this was during the Richard Hunt Elmo years, though you didn't quite hear the voice there. The Elmo we know didn't appear until about a year later. I guess it's best that this movie came out when it did.
  18. superboober

superboober Member

Anyone ever wonder if the Dodos lawnmower is STILL going around at this moment?
  19. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

This movie is like a time capsule of "our" SS:flirt:..I even almost cry just seeing something as simple as Bruno still being around:cry:. And I use to hate Bruno when I was little *lol*
    I really cry seeing Barkley again though, I really miss him..I know he hasn't really gone from SS but it almost feels like it... after he was such a mascot for SS for so long:cry:...
  20. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

Why does it say WB? What does WB have to do with S.S?