Follow that Bird - Frank Oz

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
I was watching the DVD of Follow that Bird the other day, and I watched the trailer for the first time. First off, it's not a very good trailer. But I noticed that Grover's voice was definitely not Frank Oz's and was wondering if anyone knew if he didn't work on the movie much and just dubbed most of his voices over later? Or was that just one scene that he wasn't a part of? You would think they would have him dub the voice before they released a trailer where Grover's voice was so off. Any information? :stick_out_tongue:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea i have wondered about that to. I think sence it was such a big project he would have had to have worked on it. he was doing so many muppets. I think Frank is really deicated to working with SS. he still does thoues muppets when he is free. so im all for that.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I know what you mean and I heard that sound online. Grover did sound completely different, but I'm pretty sure Frank performed him in the movie. After all, we have the soundtrack and Frank's voice is on that.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I know what you mean and I heard that sound online. Grover did sound completely different, but I'm pretty sure Frank performed him in the movie. After all, we have the soundtrack and Frank's voice is on that.
Well I know Frank eventually dubbed over that scene with Grover's correct voice, but I was wondering if anyone knew if Frank did that for a lot of the film or for just a few scene like that one. :embarrassed:

T

timrikthegorf

Were there anyh other characters in that scene performed by Frank Oz? Cookie Monster or Bert perhaps?

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
Were there anyh other characters in that scene performed by Frank Oz? Cookie Monster or Bert perhaps?
Nope...just Grover.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Sounds like Kevin Clash's Elmo's voice is used in place of Grover.

T

timrikthegorf

No, I've heard this sound clip before. It's not like Elmo. Not Kevin Clash at all. Are you sure BErt of Cookie didn't come into this scene a little later?

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
No, I've heard this sound clip before. It's not like Elmo. Not Kevin Clash at all. Are you sure BErt of Cookie didn't come into this scene a little later?
Yes Grover was the only Muppet in the scene. My first thought was that it was Kevin Clash which is funny because someone else thought the same way. However, I am not sure they would give Grover to a new puppeteer like Kevin was at the time.

T

timrikthegorf

Ok, how abou this. What if they used some kind of test shot for the trailer buy accident. Has anyone compared thescene in the trailer side by side with the scene in the movie?