Follow that Bird - Frank Oz

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I think Kathy Mullen played Grover in the Hooper's Store scene. She may have also played other characters when Jim, Frank, or Jerry weren't available (hence her name being listed among the primary performers). Richard Hunt also played the Count in a majority of his scenes, with dubbed lines.

Jim and Frank had time to do a few segments, like the Super Grover/VW scene and the airplane segment. Jerry might've had the same time conflict (one of the few times where he puppeteers and voices is during the credits).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
Since there's only one Muppet in the scene, it was probably filmed during a time when most of the puppeteers were not on set, so Frank most likely was present and someone else had to perform Grover.
You probably meant to say that Frank was NOT present there. Anyway, just to clear things up the scene at Hooper's Store was before everybody started looking for Big Bird. I remember at first Super Grover was flying by himself, but later on he crash lands into Gordon's car. Cookie Monster was with Gordon and Olivia the whole time. I hope this clears up any confusion on that.

Horace D' Fly

Reaction score
Thanks HappinessHotel!

HappinessHotel said:
Hello McFly... I don't want to say any names, but I think someone (Horace D' Fly) hasn't watched Follow That Bird in a while. :concern:

Email me Horace -- you can borrow my copy.
But you're a loser. Nuff Said. :stick_out_tongue:

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
Horace D' Fly said:
But you're a loser. Nuff Said. :stick_out_tongue:
Horace...you should probably watch Waylon Jennings and Big Bird sing "Ain't No Road Too Long." It'll touch you and it also might give you some insight into life. :wink:

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
I think Kathy Mullen played Grover in the Hooper's Store scene. She may have also played other characters when Jim, Frank, or Jerry weren't available (hence her name being listed among the primary performers). Richard Hunt also played the Count in a majority of his scenes, with dubbed lines.

Jim and Frank had time to do a few segments, like the Super Grover/VW scene and the airplane segment. Jerry might've had the same time conflict (one of the few times where he puppeteers and voices is during the credits).
None of Jim's characters were in the VW scenes, just Frank's. Are you guessing about the dubbing of the lines or do you know for a fact?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I'm guessing, but Grover's voice during the scene doesn't sound like any of the other principle performers, so I'm assuming that Kathy did it. If you compare the voice to, say, Mokey Fraggle, or Leona (from the first two seasons of "Between the Lions), you can hear the similarities.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
I'm guessing, but Grover's voice during the scene doesn't sound like any of the other principle performers, so I'm assuming that Kathy did it. If you compare the voice to, say, Mokey Fraggle, or Leona (from the first two seasons of "Between the Lions), you can hear the similarities.
What about Richard Hunt performing the Count...did you hear that somewhere?

Horace D' Fly

Reaction score
The Best Song....Ever

WOCKA2416 said:
Horace...you should probably watch Waylon Jennings and Big Bird sing "Ain't No Road Too Long." It'll touch you and it also might give you some insight into life. :wink:
I can't believe you would even mention that song to me!! It's the second best song of ALL TIME! Right behind every song that Ashanti sings because they're all tied for number 1!!! :big_grin:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
What about Richard Hunt performing the Count...did you hear that somewhere?
That's a guess, too. I've been watching the Muppets for a long time, so I kind of get the idea of how certain Muppeteers move the puppets; Jerry often skips syllables, Richard uses double takes, etc. They're subtle, but if you're use to the performers doing the voice and puppet at the same time...

I think I'm going overboard on the descriptions. :stick_out_tongue: