For 80s era fans who have the Old School sets

muppet baby

Reaction score
Disney owns Kermit now, so he'd have to go through the Disney channel before he could appear in non-Disney, yet Muppet-related projects again.
I have had that in the back of my mind ever sense disney bought the muppets :wink: kind of sucks in a way but i guess that is just how the busness is in General now days .

wwfpooh

Reaction score
kind of sucks in a way but i guess that is just how the busness is in General now days
Yep. Mergers and whatnot give the corporations more money & gives some of them all the more reason to make money without competition.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Disney owns Kermit now, so he'd have to go through the Disney channel before he could appear in non-Disney, yet Muppet-related projects again.
They're ripping the muppet family apart :sympathy:!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
They're ripping the muppet family apart :sympathy:!
Well sadly, Jim finalized that, not knowing what The Muppets' future would be. Granted, he left this world, but his kids should've paid more attention to their father's legacy instead of merely just leaving The Muppets to rot in order to focus on their own solo careers. Sure, having a career of your own is good, but when you're born--or wed--into a family business, you should take responsibility for said business. This is sadly not the case for Brian Henson, who likes the bathroom humor and cynical-ness of today it seems, considering the style of work he does.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I said it seemed odd, Ilikemuppets, I didn't say I didn't like it. It was nice to see Kermit actually had a relationship with the grown-ups before Jim Henson had more projects to worry about.
Well, I never said you didn't like it. I am just saying that I like it too. And you're right that it does seen a bit odd. And I agree it is nice to see Kermit interacting with the grown-ups!:smile:

And I misspelled not by the way... I mean to wirte that you are not the only person to notice this and I was merely agreeing with you. :stick_out_tongue:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And I agree it is nice to see Kermit interacting with the grown-ups!
Yep; Considering he's the face of The Muppets.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
My library now has the first Old School set, so I shall have to take it out sometime. I'm amazed the staff never told me about this set because they know how much I love Sesame Street.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
My library now has the first Old School set, so I shall have to take it out sometime. I'm amazed the staff never told me about this set because they know how much I love Sesame Street.
Perhaps they feel embarassed.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Well I have it out at last and have already watched the first episode. It made me feel like a preschooler again. I can't wait to watch the rest of it. :smile: