1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"For Better Or For Worse" comic strip comes to an end

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Princeton, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Princeton Active Member

2. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

*Shrug* I never really read it, so I'm not effected much.
  3. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

My used to read it all the time, now she doesn't.

She told this was gonna happen awhile ago.
  4. Drtooth Well-Known Member

:sleep: Which begs the question...

:boo: What's That?

:sleep: When was it "Better?" DWOAH HO HO HO!
  5. Baby Gonzo Member

As a comic enthusiast (well, I'm majoring in Sequential Art), this is sad news. I only recently started reading the strip, and say what you want about the storyline and drama, the art is lovely, in my opinion.

Though it seems as though she'll still be doing new strips, I almost wish editors would allow for new talent to bud in the comics strips of the newspapers. It's almost impossible for an up and coming comic strip artist to edge their way in to the industry, thanks to the editors fear of change. (That and the decreasing popularity of the printed newspaper, but that is a whole nother can of fish that I am not going to open.)
  6. MrsPepper Active Member

Ah, you guys are all lame. I used to read this comic like crazy! I'd take out the books, and read it online. I also loved the TV show... wish I had it on DVD!

She's not actually stopping the strip... she's just finally stopped advancing the story. She's going back to the original story and filling in plot holes and stuff from the very old strips by making brand new ones in that style. I think it's kind of cool; because when she's done that, the FBorFW universe will be so comprehensive, even moreso than it already is.
  7. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, I always always more drawn to offbeat comics like Get Fuzzy, lol.
  8. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Get Fuzzy was fun the first 2 years, but it got tired really fast. He's trying to be all "Anti-Garfield" and it's essentially the same thing. Only without a cartoon series and merchandise.

Gimme Robotman... err... Monty any day.
  9. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

There actually HAS been SOME Get Fuzzy merchandise... there's collection and treasury books out (I've gotten all three so far: Groovitude, Bucky Katt's Big Book of Fun, and Loserpalooza), and I think at one point, Gund made Bucky beanies that people say looked absolutely ridiculous!
  10. Ilikemuppets New Member

I actually liked this comic pretty well and it's sad to see it go.
  11. heralde Well-Known Member

Aw that's too bad. I remember when they broke new ground with the storyline when the dog died. It was big news, it really affected people. And later Family Circus had a strip with their own Grandfather and the For Better or Worse dog together in Heaven. Aww
  12. Princeton Active Member

Slightly related, but I've been seeing more and more Pearls Before Swine plushies lately.
  13. bazooka_beak Active Member

I never really read this, but it's always sad to see a comic strip go :(
  14. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

My news paper just recently started running Pearls Before Swine... frankly, I can't quite "get" this comic... I mean it seems like every other strip is about the characters making some kind of jab or reference at another comic ("Hey! That kid from 'Cul-de-sac' set our house on fire!"), then the others are about the cartoonist poking fun at himself regarding the comic.

BTW Brian, I can't quite tell... is that Karl Malden in your av?
  15. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Pearls Before Swine is actually my fave currently running strip - but there are a lot of running gags and such so if a paper starts running it somewhere i can see why it may take a while for someone to get into it - you may want to check out one of the anthology books of strips (which your library might have if you don't want to shell out the money on something you're not currently sure about)

(I was actually thinking the other day that i could totally see them doing a Pearls strip where Pig and Rat are discussing how it seems like everywhere you look these days you see The Muppets popping up all over the place with the two eventually being replaced by Miss Piggy and Rizzo in the last panel.)
  16. JaniceFerSure Active Member

This saddens me, because like many others, I watched the 'For Better or For Worse' family age, grow & blossom over the years. As many comic strips age, the plot lines do run their course. It will be missed indeed.:cry:
  17. Princeton Active Member

Yes it is, and actually I need to change it; I've had it ever since he died back in July. :eek: