Found new stuff in The Great Muppet Caper

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
You mean the guy with NO GLASSES is Frank? I thought I recognize his face but us fans rarely see him without glasses.

Hmm, that may be true. Gonzo certainly thinks very unique. lol Though I was just making a joke mentioning Camilla having a later appearance in the movie. Also Gonzo seems to have times where he'd check out other females, birds, whatever behind her back a lot from time to time. Though he did get caught a few times on The Muppet Show lol Not to also mention "Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff" lol Even that first season crush on Miss Piggy ONCE, which he's very embarrassed of now. But we all know that Camilla has a special place in Gonzo's heart no matter where he wonders off too. lol :concern: I love that line from I think the Dom Delluise episode "She's nothing like you at all, SHE'S BEAUTIFUL"! Miss Piggy punches Gonzo's nose right into his mouth. lol
Yep, that was Frank.

Actually that TMS episode you're referring to is the Madeline Kahn episode, where Gonzo falls in love with Miss Kahn. Camilla wasn't around yet.

Camilla also caught him a couple of times in TMM.

:embarrassed:: Wow, nice looking girls, huh?
:concern:: Wow, nice looking chickens!
Camilla: Bawk?
:concern:: No hard feelings, honey.

And let's not forget,

:mad:: Um... why don't we stop for a little quiet dinner for... two?
:concern:: Terrific! I'll eat with you, Miss Piggy!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Actually that TMS episode you're referring to is the Madeline Kahn episode, where Gonzo falls in love with Miss Kahn. Camilla wasn't around yet.
Really? I thought it was the episode where Gonzo sings "Why won't somebody dance with me" then later in the episode he comes up to Miss Piggy's dressing room to appoligize for his crush and saying that he won't bother her anymore. Sure that wasn't the Dom Deluise episode? Yeah the Madeline Kahn plot was Gonzo being so impressed that someone actually cared about him and we wanted to marry her.

I just remembered, the Julie Andrews episode where she was acting about her cow and surprisingly The Flying Zuccini Brothers didn't shoot her out of a cannon. Her and Gonzo were out on a date "You wanna see a movie or GRAB A STAKE!" lol

Speaking of The Great Muppet Caper, about 5 minutes ago I kept laughing and repeating the quote to myself.

Fozzie: Peanut Butter?
Floyd: Animal ate it!
Animal: Soooorrrrrry!
lol

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Really? I thought it was the episode where Gonzo sings "Why won't somebody dance with me" then later in the episode he comes up to Miss Piggy's dressing room to appoligize for his crush and saying that he won't bother her anymore. Sure that wasn't the Dom Deluise episode? Yeah the Madeline Kahn plot was Gonzo being so impressed that someone actually cared about him and we wanted to marry her.

I just remembered, the Julie Andrews episode where she was acting about her cow and surprisingly The Flying Zuccini Brothers didn't shoot her out of a cannon. Her and Gonzo were out on a date "You wanna see a movie or GRAB A STAKE!" lol

Speaking of The Great Muppet Caper, about 5 minutes ago I kept laughing and repeating the quote to myself.

Fozzie: Peanut Butter?
Floyd: Animal ate it!
Animal: Soooorrrrrry!
lol
"Won't Somebody Dance With Me" was from the Julie Andrews episode.

As for the Madeline Kahn episode:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
"Won't Somebody Dance With Me" was from the Julie Andrews episode.

As for the Madeline Kahn episode:
Oh okay so when Gonzo was talking about meeting someone else, he was refering to Madeline Kahn. :smile: I must have forgotten. lol

Speaking of Madelikne Kahn, she got her start on the Mel Brooks movies right? Young Frankenstien, Blazzing Saddles and History of The World Part 1.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mentioned in another thread long ago about there being two versions of GMC: in one version, as Piggy walks down the alley after she ends up standing Kermit up on their date, there's an ominous toll from Big Ben with no other sound effects or music scoring; meanwhile the most common version continues the music scoring as Piggy walks down the alley, and we do hear trashcans crashing, and the cat screeching.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
YTV promo for GMC:

HBO promo, includes some bonus footage. (Skip to 2:32)

mupcollector1

Reaction score
lol I grew up with The Muppets in the 90s generation and I'm in my 20s now, perhaps that explains the gap. lol I made a Muppet Move thread basically stating that how it's funny growing up as a Muppet Fan since God knows when and now just getting the plot, dialog jokes, etc as an adult. That's one of my favorite things about The Muppets, there's something for everyone :smile: Also the fast pase, slapstic comedy, gags back to back must have been very popular back in the 1970s and of course the 30s and 40s before it when The Marx Brothers, Three Stooges and Looney Tunes where hugely popular. But yeah also in the 70s there was the early days of the Zucker Bros (Kuntucky Fried Movie, Airplane) and even Mel Brooks. :smile:

But anyway, I mentioned in another thread long ago about there being two versions of GMC: in one version, as Piggy walks down the alley after she ends up standing Kermit up on their date, there's an ominous toll from Big Ben with no other sound effects or music scoring; meanwhile the most common version continues the music scoring as Piggy walks down the alley, and we do hear trashcans crashing, and the cat screeching.
Hmm, interesting. I noticed in the Muppet movies there's slight sound effect or musical score changes, I have no idea why, probably copyright contract mombo jumbo no doubt. lol

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, there are some minor score changes here and there... MTM is the biggest example of this, such as after Kermit and Piggy are pronounced frog and pig, and in fact, in some versions of the movie, Animal's "BAD MAN! BAD MAN!" yells are completely removed.