1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fozzie and Rowlf replicas possibly for sale

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by rtgentry, Feb 28, 2010.

1. TheMonsterAteMe

TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

Its not right. Its unlawful.
  2. statler salad

statler salad Member

Okay, okay $300, and i'll take 'em off your hands.....

....and you better pay me the $300 in cash ;)
  3. I'll agree with Monsterateme or what ever for the fact that the price is to high. I have a hard enough time buying the actual Disney replicas for the same price! And they are as close as you can get! They are good puppets, just not worth the cost. Sorry man. Good luck though. :sympathy:
  4. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

If you cant afford them, fine. It doesnt mean someone else cant. Just cause you cant afford it doesnt mean its too high for everyone. If it doesnt sell fine, But I would rather keep them them sell them to people who dont appriciate them for what they are. I should have know not to post them here. It seems this forum is full of cry Babies, who whine and complain about everything. It used to not be like that and granted there are alot of good people here, Its not worth staying and having to deal with all the negative nancies. I do appriciate the forums freedom of speach but some people need to just zip it lock it and put it in their pocket ;)
  5. statler salad

statler salad Member

I don't think it's a case of people not being able to afford them. I think the issue is people here would rather spend 1000's of dollars on a genuine Muppet replica, rather than some cheap looking counterfeit, illegal knock-off.

If you don't like people responding to you, don't post in an open forum!

(just my personal opinion - of which i'm entitled to have rtgentry).
  6. TheMonsterAteMe

Let's not be immature. What you are doing has been deemed wrong. Its a form of stealing. If you choose to agree with the law are not, I don't care, but its a law none the less. Don't disrespect the Muppets by trying to steal from them.

And we have a right to say that they do not look like they are worth the price without you calling us names.
  7. King Rupert

King Rupert Member

Let's all calm down. If you feel it's wrong you can make your statement by not bidding on the auction. I don't get the impression that he is someone out there trying to make a living off selling muppet replicas.

Gentry is selling the puppets to raise money to purchase a theater, a pretty cool endeavor in my book.

Everyone take a deep breath.
  8. TheMonsterAteMe

So if I blow up a building because I think it will make me a hero, is it okay?

You cant justify it like that. I respect what he is trying to do, but if he is using tactics that are not legal to do it, then its wrong.
  9. statler salad

statler salad Member

So it's ok to commit illegal acts, if you're raising money to pay for a business venture? I'll have to remember that for future reference;)
  10. King Rupert

King Rupert Member

I guess I view it more as someone parting with something from a personal collection, rather than ripping money from Disney's pocket. In other words this isn't Oliver's we're talking about.
  11. TheMonsterAteMe

Well if was wrong for him to buy them in the first place. And it was wrong for someone to sell them the first thime!:o
  12. King Rupert

King Rupert Member

I thought he built them?
    Meh, this is getting to complicated for me to care about.:confused:
  13. TheMonsterAteMe

Well if he built them, he still should not sell him. They are not his characters to sell.
  14. dmoss

dmoss Member

Hmmm...what kind of building are we talking abo--- *shot*
  15. the80sdrummer

the80sdrummer Member

Congrats on the sale! Good luck with the movie theater!
  16. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Haha! *ahem*

I agree with the 80s Drummer, good luck with the move! I hope you find all the funding you need!
  17. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Thanks guys, fozzie sold for 850$ , it will help. I have a long road ahead. But I have to start by cleaning up all the demo the previous owner did. Also needs a new roof but I am getting ready to hit the contacts people have given me to really get the support I need. yall can stay tuned by going to www.savetherialto.com there is also a facebook link there.
  18. TheMonsterAteMe

I hope you find it too. Just in legal ways.
  19. Luke

Luke Active Member

It doesn't really bother me one way or the other, but thats a bit strong when you know the forum rules don't let you advertise this stuff and still went on selling them in this thread even after a mod had locked your other thread. As you say, maybe it would have been better just not doing this in the first place because people were obviously gonna point out the legalities.

Still, congratulations on the theatre. It sounds really exciting and i hope you will keep us informed and updated with developments. I can understand your need and dedication.