Fozzie Bear on Jimmy Kimmel Friday May 13

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
The Count appeared at the end of the regular montage "Unnecessary Censorship." I understand they have that feature every Friday, and that characters from SS and Between the Lions are featured on it (probably from blooper reels).

Vic Romano

Reaction score
beaker said:
...I was surprised they didnt have Statler and Waldorf.
Me too, I really thought that would've been a great moment, oh well, at least Steve did his best character.
D'Snowth said:
I just wonder though what that bleeped word was that Ozzy Osbourne said that made Fozzie upset.
Ozzy dropped the "F" bomb, and I was very pleased to see Fozzie react like he was upset and embarassed, it showed there's still some innocence in his character and the Muppets in general, something I personally thought went out the window in IAVMMCM.
Boober_Gorg said:
The Count appeared at the end of the regular montage "Unnecessary Censorship." I understand they have that feature every Friday, and that characters from SS and Between the Lions are featured on it (probably from blooper reels).
The "Unessary Censorship" segment takes scenes from television shows (usually aired that week, not bloopers) and bleeps out regular words to make you think they're using curse words, it's just a gag and nothing more. This is the third time I've seen them use the Count for this segment.
All in all, I guess it was okay. Eric is getting better and better. He's no Frank in my opinion, but he's real darn close. I agree with beaker, some of it seemed too forced, but not humiliating. I'll give the performance a B and feel happy that this appearance made me more comfortable and excited about MWoO, good job.

Xerus

Reaction score
beaker said:
It was kind of painful to see Fozzie's appearence, but I think that is his schtick he does best(the 'crickets and tumbleweeds' thing) A bit forced, and it was obvious Ozzie isnt much a Muppet fan. But as always, it's always great seeing Muppets on tv. I liked Grover's appearence too not to long ago. It was great seeing Rizzo...I was surprised they didnt have Statler and Waldorf.
I too was wondering if Waldorf and Statler were in the audience, for they always seemed to show up whenever Fozzie is performing. I guess Dave Goelz couldn't make it that night.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I loved it all the way. I liked at the end when they were seen with Sharon (Ozzy's wife) dancing with the music. It seemed that Rizzo was wearing the same outfit in MTM. The hat and shirt looked it I just think that it says "Rizzo' other then "Pete's". But I loved it and couldn't get enough of it.

beaker

Reaction score
I think they just had Fozzie as a play on names with Ozzie Osbourne as a guest. I cannot stand that bumbling old rocker or his pathetic reality show...such a passing fad. And people consider Muppets old nostalgia. It looked as if Fozzie was being accosted metaphorically when Ozzie was repeatedly using the F word.
Kermit oe Pepe would have came back with something witty, but Fozzie; like Telly or say Wembley is still of pure mind:smile:
Anyways, it's just great seeing Muppets *other* than Kermit on the talk shows...I didnt think I'd be seeing Grover and Fozzie on late night tv so that was great.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Man I missed the whole show! I forgot about it! I was watching Cheers......

ryan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm just happy to hear that they gave Fozzie some stand-up time! I've always complained that he never gets to do stand-up, and that's his job!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I dunno, Vic. I have to re-check it and see what's in my mailbox. I get so many "Are you the REAL Fozzie Bear?!" emails that in the midst of them I sometimes miss one. I'll check again, thanks!