Fozzie Illustration

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Hey Reeve,
Just wondering if you've managed to get your work solicited or looked at yet...

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hey Reeve,
Just wondering if you've managed to get your work solicited or looked at yet...
Had no luck as yet, although an agent returned my call last week and is reviewing the situation to see what they can do. I sent a second email to Lylle Breier to ask if she could possibly elaborate on the process but I'm still awaiting a response on that.

By the way, another character maybe popping up soon (ish) - keep 'em peeled!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
although an agent returned my call last week and is reviewing the situation to see what they can do.
By the way, another character maybe popping up soon (ish) - keep 'em peeled!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/
That's good to hear. Hopefully it gets resolved in your favour soon enough.

As for the new character.. I'm hoping for the final member of the Electric Mayhem.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
That's good to hear. Hopefully it gets resolved in your favour soon enough.
I've just received a call from Disney, unfortunately it was to tell me to drop it, leave it alone, they will never look at it, enough's enough (I only sent 2 emails:sympathy:). They said it all in the nicest possible way...kind of. So there you go folks, I kinda feel deflated but still:sympathy::sympathy:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I've just received a call from Disney, unfortunately it was to tell me to drop it, leave it alone, they will never look at it, enough's enough (I only sent 2 emails:sympathy:). They said it all in the nicest possible way...kind of. So there you go folks, I kinda feel deflated but still:sympathy::sympathy:
Whaaaaat? Oh man, Reeves, that's just... wow. That's not cool. I'm so sorry man. If ANYONE or ANYTHING deserves to be seen by Disney and The Muppet Studios, it's you and this piece of art. This is a shame that's not going to be easily forgotten by this Muppet fan. You have every right to feel defeated, Stuart, but I think you need to finish this amazing piece of art and display it here for all the world to see--then maybe Disney will see what they missed out on.

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Dude, that sucks.

I was really looking forward to seeing this on display outside of Muppet Vision 3D...
Well, I say keep on trucking, they'll realize their mistake soon enough.
In the meantime though, I'm with Prawnie, don't give up on your aspiration of being an artist for them. Finish this masterpiece and show em what you can do.

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
I agree that this is too incredible to let die or fall off because of that response. I would wonder if you could circumvent them a bit and maybe talk to BOOM! and see if they could use your talents and maybe it would lend itself to a jump over once they see you published or something?

Anyway...keep up the good work. We are ALL eagerly awaiting more pics and dying for the final reveal!

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
:sympathy:sigh:sympathy:

Sorry about that. That's probably the same reaction I'll get when I try to sell them my movie idea, but we can't quit! We can NEVER quit! (It's breakfast crowd!) Nobody EVER got ANYWHERE by quitting!

Though the "powerful" people may spit in our faces and tell us we're no good (or have their people do it) but that doesn't make them right. You, Stuart E. Reeves, are one of the most talented artists I have ever seen. Just because the Disney people think they're too good to look at it doesn't make you any less than fantastic.

A day will come when your work will be recognized and we here on the Muppet Central Forum will be able to stand up and say that we were the first to experience your talent and the rest of the world will be jealous! HARUMPH! :attitude:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
While I can understand the "standard practice" employed by Disney when they receive unsolicited work, I cannot imagine why this wouldn't be a remarkable exception.

Let's face it, I love this new Disney push, but much of their graphic design concerning the Muppets has been ugly and amateurish. Some of their cartoon-based licensing art is attractive, but when it comes to the puppets -they need new photo shoots and a better hand clipping together the graphics. The Letters to Santa box looks as though a tweenage girl's wall collage (sans-boy bands, of course). Their Muppet Show DVD designs aren’t much better.

I’d love to see Stuart’s thoughtful theater seat graphic on a Muppet Show DVD series set, on posters and on shirts. I still have a little hope because that's the Kermit in me. But whatever reason Disney might have, it's a very stupid one.