Fozzie Illustration

Reevz1977

Reaction score
A genuine "THANKS" from the bottom of my heart for all the kind comments - they really mean alot! Fear not, this project started as one for fellow Muppet fans, and I have no intention of stopping now.

Is it still soonish?
:wink:

Thanks again folks!:smile:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Reevz. Its so disheartening when these big companys wont even look at what us the fans are capable of.

I had a similar situation several years ago. Approx 1999, come to think of it. After I had appeared in Collect It! Magazine and on Channel 4's Collectors Lot! I had a phone call from Schiffer Publishing asking if I would be interested in producing a Muppets collectibles guide Book. They had alraedy published guides on McDonalds Toys, Smurfs, etc, etc, I of course jumped at the chance. I Had a meeting with the publisher in London, spent hours upon hours writing the text and taking 100's of individual photos of merchandise. Finally I had to try and get authorisation from the Jim Henson Company. Thats where it ends! I had a few brief telephone conversations with Peter Schube or his secretary, I was told they were looking into it. Eventually, even the publisher stopped answering my calls and I was stuck with all my hard work, which I still have, maybe I'll scan some photos so people can see them. It was a very sadening experience, I nearly gave up the Muppets and Henson completely. I just thought it was unfare.
I did send the idea to Disney when they took over the Muppets, but again NO Response at all.

Sorry to waffle on, I dont think I've ever told this story on here before!

Keep up the good work Reevz and us fellow fans are still excited by seeing all your hard work finished.

Chris

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Hey Stuart,

Not to be impatient.. but how about that update?
Its been a few weeks since you informed us to keep our eyes peeled. :wink:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hey GonzoLover, sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry ...sorry. I'll admit, since the call from Disney I've shifted priorities around abit and the Muppet Illo is on the back burner...temporarily. I keep doing bits n bobs but I'm trying to focus on paid work for a while. Don't worry, I have 2 characters close to being unveiled but things may not come thick and fast for a while...sorry.

...sorry

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Hey Reeve,

No need to apologize, I realize that this is a hobby type piece of work and paid stuff is definitely a priority.

Just keep doing what you're doing. Really, this is your baby, and as us fathers know, you can't rush these things.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop though. :smile:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Any chance for a nice Christmas present from you there Stu?
If you mean the completed piece...No:embarrassed: If you mean more characters then Yes...as long as I can shake off this bloody flu I'm fighting at the moment. I can't smell bacon so it's definitely not the :mad: flu.

P.S. Sorry for the huge delay, I've had quite a big DREAM project come in (1 eFx Rizzo for me:wink:), that has kept me busy for a while, but that was put to bed over the weekend so, as soon as I feel fit, I'll be drawing digital fur and feathers again!

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
No No... I knew the completed piece wouldn't be finished this soon. I was just hoping for a couple more characters..

Congrats on your big job, and all the best as you recover.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
...as long as I can shake off this bloody flu I'm fighting at the moment. I can't smell bacon so it's definitely not the :mad: flu.
Tis the season to be sick.

I know it doesn't really do anything, but:

:smile:Get Well Soon!:smile: