Fozzie's First "Wocka"

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
And now, it feels like Mahna Mahna and the Snowths are getting the Ernest T. Bass treatment.

Hubert

Reaction score
You know, you're right, in a way it does. Mahna Mahna and the Snowths only had a handful of appearances on TMS, very few of which were prominent, and plus, aside from earlier appearances, they barely ever even performed the song. Yet somehow they stuck.

BradFraggle

Reaction score
Yeah, the saying is something that has been popularized more by merchandise and print media. He doesn't say it often in the shows/movies/specials. But I'd still like to track down the origin; when did he first say "wocka"?

By the time Muppet Babies came around it had really become his catchphrase (like Kermit's "Hi-ho", which I think comes more from his Sesame Street appearances than The Muppet Show... or Miss Piggy's "Moi" and "Kissy, kissy"... Beaker's "Meep"... Animal's "Woman!"... the Chef's "Børk"... ).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I'd say that it was more of a movie invention, but the pig who took Fozzie's role in the Chloris Leechman episode which came a year before the movie said "Hoga Hoga" which was definitely a "Wocka wocka" parody, so it had to have been before then, yet your guess is as good as mine.

BradFraggle

Reaction score
Well it's not anywhere in the first 10 episodes... I'm starting to wonder if it didn't originate sometime in the second season.