Fraggle DVD coming this summer in the US

Let HIT know how much would you would pay for a 24-episode Fraggle season box set.

• I'd pay up to $39 per box set

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • I'd pay up to $59 per box set

Votes: 35 35.4%
  • I'd pay $79 or higher for a box set

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • I wouldn't buy a box set at any price

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foodie

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
It's not at the 2 Wal-Marts or the Best Buy that I visited today.

So, it's gonna be at places other than Wal*Mart then? :smirk:

Nick

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right now all we know *for sure* is that it will be at Wal-Mart and HIT's web site.

Brian Damage

Reaction score
Minor Update: The inside of the box apparently says something like: "More Fraggle Rock coming to video and dvd fall 2004". It's a little hard to pin down...

Video too... interesting...

Oliver

Reaction score
Wow, this is actually very promising news...

So now it would seem that we will be seeing 3 episodes and they will in fact be in production order!

I guess one shouldn't jump to conclusions afterall.. Not the ideal Fraggle DVD's we would have envisioned, but a far more positive package than the original 2 random episode concept we had earlier percieved!

I just have one question though... what the hel| is Pingu The Penguin??

Oliver

Reaction score
I still don't understand why the UK got a 2-disc, 12 episode release with a bonus 45 min. documentary with Jim Henson on the show? I would really like to find out Hit's plans for future releases...

anathema

Reaction score
Oliver said:
I still don't understand why the UK got a 2-disc, 12 episode release with a bonus 45 min. documentary with Jim Henson on the show? I would really like to find out Hit's plans for future releases...
Because the UK discs were released by Columbia Tristar, not HIT.

Oliver

Reaction score
Oh, that would explain it than...

Does Columbia still hold distro rights solely in the UK and do you think that extra documentary footage was exclusive to Columbia and would have to be licensed out for use or would Hit have access to similair material here in the US?

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Fraggle DVD News

Recieved this toiday in my fraggle e-mail alert from tvshowsondvd.com:

We've gotten in e-mails from folks working at Wal-Mart SuperCenters around the country. They tell us that they are unpacking the new DVDs for this week, and Fraggle Rock - Where It All Began is among them!

We described this release to you here as a single-disc item with two episodes on it. But one of the people who wrote in, Phillip, informs us that it has a bit more than that:

It has 2 stories: "Beginings" & "Wembley and the Gorgs". Plus Bonus episodes: "Let the Water Run" & "Pingu Is Introduced", and it's only $9.64.

Chris, at the Wal-Mart location I shop at, verifies these episode names and and the price, and adds that the running time is shown as 80 minutes (including the bonus episodes). He tells me that this will be for sale tomorrow.

The episodes that end up on this DVD are the first three episodes of Fraggle Rock, plus the first episode of another Hit Entertainment kid-vid property, Pingu (the Penguin). Not bad for under $10!

I haven't seen the Fraggle Rock DVD listed for sale anywhere else yet, including at Hit Entertainments own site! So it looks like Wal-Mart's the place to be for Fraggle fans (and that's in-store; it's not listed at Wal-Mart's website yet, either). The reports I've gotten say that there are roughly 8 copies per store that received these, though that may vary by location. Check your local store for availability. And we'll let you know if we find out anything more, so stay tuned of course!

Brian Damage

Reaction score
Is that a Philip R. Thomas? If it is, that's who the report I posted here before came from. Fella must've been contacting everyone he could.

I thought the other bonus was Pingu the Penguin...

Now to figure out a way to get it downunder...

Status
Not open for further replies.