Fraggle DVD coming this summer in the US

Let HIT know how much would you would pay for a 24-episode Fraggle season box set.

• I'd pay up to $39 per box set

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • I'd pay up to $59 per box set

Votes: 35 35.4%
  • I'd pay $79 or higher for a box set

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • I wouldn't buy a box set at any price

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
beaker said:
So "technically" we will have Muppet Babies and FR dvds out in stores soon... only thing is the MB dvds are $15 (if you include the stuffed animal) with one darn episode...and Im sorry, but Disney pulled that 2 per tape crap in 1993. Is it so hard to put 4-6 episodes per dvd? Wouldnt *that* generate more sales?

And why is Walmart cutting back on their home entertainment products? Do they need more space for their country music, Nascar, monster truck, guns, and mullet sections?
Well... considering the Invader Zim and TMNT G1 DVD's fit a shocking 9 episodes on them, it all comes down to licensing and royalties...

As for Sprawl Mart... What the shell? Why cut the Home entertainment section.,.. that's just about it's only redeming value!

So... no fake... there IS a Fraggle DVD on the way? I've been waaaay out of the loop....

Brian Damage

Reaction score
Pingu is a little, mischevious, and somewhat amorphous clay penguin who speaks his own little language and gets into trouble now and then...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have seen Pingu DVD's for 5.99 in best buys and Walmarts... It's pretty cute... but I'm not a real fan... It's clay animated, if you are wondering....

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
Does anyone have a scan of the cover yet?

I was originally put off by this being a 2 episode disc - but now that it's a 3 episode disc (in episode order no-less!) I may be inerested if I can get it for a good price somewhere (probably eBay).

Oliver

Reaction score
So why exactly will there be an episode of a claymation penguin on this forthcoming Fraggle Rock DVD?

anathema

Reaction score
Oliver said:
Oh, that would explain it than...

Does Columbia still hold distro rights solely in the UK and do you think that extra documentary footage was exclusive to Columbia and would have to be licensed out for use or would Hit have access to similair material here in the US?
Columbia's license with Henson expired at the end of last month IIRC.

The rights to "Down At Fraggle Rock" will remain with whichever company owns the programme - it's up to them who they choose to license it to.

Since it's already been mentioned that this disc will contain trailers for other HIT titles, it seems probable that the "Pingu" thing is a trailer - certainly there's no sense in putting an episode on the disc!

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
anathema said:
Since it's already been mentioned that this disc will contain trailers for other HIT titles, it seems probable that the "Pingu" thing is a trailer - certainly there's no sense in putting an episode on the disc!
If they're aiming this release at kids (which looks the case) it makes perfect sense to throw one episode of another show on as an extra. The kid is more likely to watch an episode of Pingu than a trailer and if he likes that episode he'll probably persuade his Mom to buy him a Pingu DVD the next time he's in Wal-Mart!

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Aww this sux only 8 videos per store.will they ship anymore in after wards i really wanna get my hands on one of these dvd's.I hope they save one for me tomorrow. :smirk:

Oliver

Reaction score
So is this still considered a "test release" or is this what us Fraggle fans should expect from coming releases... zero marketing and promotion for excessively limited production runs and exclusive distribution rights with Wal-Mart in the U.S. for 3 episode bargain bin discs?

I really hope HIT! releases some sort of press statement in the coming weeks as to where they intend to take their newly aquired franchise...

I will likely be picking this up, but I have to say that so far I'm still not too impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.