Fraggle-ish Muppets

JacobsBest

Reaction score
I go with a simple whip stitch on the "wrong" side (puppet turned inside out). The trick (for me) is to maintain even tension/spacing between stitches and to the edge of the fabric.
Also I do not try to go all the way around in one shot. For a smaller mouth I do it in halves. Top to bottom on each side meeting together at the bottom. I have also done it in 1/4 for larger mouth. Top to corner / bottom to corner on each side. At any rate the mouth is such a huge focal point you really have to give it some effort. In this picture you can see how even the mouth looks with this method.
http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums...&current=410d28273104ea0ff2d09d66a5aceb69.jpg

Rymoore21

Reaction score
this was my first attempt at using the Henson stitch on the mouth but I rushed through it. I think I have improved (see my Kermit avatar's mouth.)

kumakami

Reaction score
JacobsBest: I love that puppet!
Rymoore: JB has it more or less right, I tend to do wrong side up and either a whip or locking whip, aka a button hole stitch. The seam on a mouth is ok to see, as theres an rather visible color change. So in there end you can't really hide it all that well

JacobsBest

Reaction score
You're Kermit's mouth looks great! And thanks Kumakami :smile:
I have to add some pics of the completed project to that folder.

Rymoore21

Reaction score
I have been rebuilding one o
f my old puppets. I am not completely finished attatching all the parts but here is my progress. Before and after: