Fraggle Pairings

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
Well Byron,

Even with this thread, we are just imagining an ideal...during the course of the show, the pairings were never really asserted. Just look at the show's demographic (ideally for children) - there was never really an intent for romance (except maybe Lou & Wembley - but that was more of a really strong friendship, due that Wembley ducked Mokey's suggestions). We all like to imagine, and I agree, on our level, it would have been cool to see something like that truly develop, but alas...we can only imagine what might have been. This thread was more posing a theory as to what might have been rather than what was. We were watching the same Fraggle Rock, but our minds were working differently. Thanks though...to quantify your posts, I will say that it was never NOT the case that it might have been, it just wasn't shown to us that they had intention. Anyway, I don't know why I'm getting so philosophical...ha ha! I guess Henson's motivations really rubbed off on me.

>Adam

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Hey, I was just havin' fun! :zany: Some people just focus more on certain character interactions/insinuations than others.

But yeah, we don't need to destroy each over 'is or anything. lol :stick_out_tongue:

Foodie

Reaction score
Gobo & Red sittin' in a tree....

Janice & Mokey's Man said:
*sigh*

You're blind, Nick. :wink:

Just go view "Mokey's Funeral", "New Trash Heap in Town", "Blanket of Snow, Blanket of Woe"...and those are just 3 off the top o' muh head. Mokey's maturity brings out Gobo's, and it's a special relationship they share.

I don't see Red and Gobo together cause they bring out the competitive worst in each other, like my friend Kim and I...and we would NEVER hook up---we'd kill each other! Lol!

This is an age-old question, and there are always supporters for both sides. :smile:
Blind by sight, yes. Blind by romance, no. I see a match made in The Great Hall when I see and/or feel one.

Honestly though, I think Gobo & Mokey would make a boring couple. Gobo & Red have chemistry. You can see it in their eyes... and tails.. and fur. It's there baby! Woot! Besides, Gobo never kissed Mokey. He gave Red a big smootch at the end of " Mirror Mirror ".

You're right though, Gobo & Mokey have a mature sort of relationship but it's all in the chemistry man, and they ain't gots it. Gobo & Red are kinda like Han Solo & Princess Leia. They've got it for each other but are too... headstrong to show it. Give them time. we'll see who rescues Gobo from the carbonite block!

Mokey's more of the type to become some sort of mystical priestess and forgo the marriage thing. I dunno if " forgo " is a real word so, if no, I'm coining it now! Yuk yuk! :smirk:

Nick

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Eh, I still disagree (friendlyly so). Kim and I don't "have it for each other" at ALL, and that's the kind of chemistry I see in :excited: and :smirk: .

Mokey and Gobo have chemistry alright...it's more "adult", and therefore, more intriguing to me. Cause we don't see much "grown up" stuff in the rock.
Sucks me right in, baby.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
I'm not going to give any good reasoning behind any of these pairings, because, quite frankly, I don't know why.

Gobo and Red (well, because, uh, just... oh, I don't know)
Boober and Wembley (what?)
Cantus and ME! (hehehe, shut up)
Mokey and Byron (if he wants)
Convincing John and one of his backup singers (that one I just made up on the spot)

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
Wow. Boober & Wembley?! That's just wrong!

Isn't it kinda funny how something you post can get contorted like this? Believe me, I'm laughing, but wasn't the initially debated observation about Mokey & Wembley? People may not have ideas about that, but how did it evolve into first Red and Gobo (predominantly), and now this?! Hmm...well, if I'm going to keep this odd chain going, I guess I could say probably Lou Fraggle and umm....the world's Oldest Fraggle? Nah..that's too odd even for me. Just goes to show how things take a turn, eh?

BTW, I was attempting to be sarcastic :smile: ha ha! And don't worry, I'm still laughing. No hard feelings everyone...LOL!

>Adam

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
PukkaPukka said:
Wow. Boober & Wembley?! That's just wrong!
In that case, you don't want to know some of the pairings I've come up with for TMS. *Wiggles eyebrows*

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
HeraLirambar said:
In that case, you don't want to know some of the pairings I've come up with for TMS. *Wiggles eyebrows*
Well, not particularly...ha ha...no. Why? Are they that bad?

>Adam

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Wow, I completely forgot about this thread. :embarrassed:

Probably the weirdest TMS pairing I've come up with is Gonzo/Crazy Harry. I wouldn't have done it if Gonzo hadn't called him "the lovely Crazy Harry" in the John Cleese episode. Honestly, I can find slashiness in a show if two guys so much as look at each other.

Anywho, I changed my mind on the Fraggle pairings. Here's who I think should be together now.

Any of the main five fraggles, Cantus, or Convincing John/Any of the main five fraggles, Cantus, or Convincing John
Any of the main five fraggle, Cantus, or Convincing John/me
Philo/Gunge
Anyone else/anyone else

Okay, okay, seriously, here are my pairings.

Mokey/Cantus (they're my fave dudette and dude)
Red/Boober (um... opposites attract? I haven't seen much FR but they seem not very alike)
Wembley/Gobo (I'm a huge fan of slashing best friends. I blame Frodo and Sam.)
And 'cause I wouldn't be me if I didn't create a fangirl for at least one character...
Convincing John/me (I'll be a backup singer) (I had a heck of a time to pick between Cantus and Gobo, and then decided to give up and go for this guy)

Foodie

Reaction score
HeraLirambar said:
Wow, I completely forgot about this thread. :embarrassed:

Probably the weirdest TMS pairing I've come up with is Gonzo/Crazy Harry. I wouldn't have done it if Gonzo hadn't called him "the lovely Crazy Harry" in the John Cleese episode. Honestly, I can find slashiness in a show if two guys so much as look at each other.

Anywho, I changed my mind on the Fraggle pairings. Here's who I think should be together now.

Any of the main five fraggles, Cantus, or Convincing John/Any of the main five fraggles, Cantus, or Convincing John
Any of the main five fraggle, Cantus, or Convincing John/me
Philo/Gunge
Anyone else/anyone else

Okay, okay, seriously, here are my pairings.

Mokey/Cantus (they're my fave dudette and dude)
Red/Boober (um... opposites attract? I haven't seen much FR but they seem not very alike)
Wembley/Gobo (I'm a huge fan of slashing best friends. I blame Frodo and Sam.)
And 'cause I wouldn't be me if I didn't create a fangirl for at least one character...
Convincing John/me (I'll be a backup singer) (I had a heck of a time to pick between Cantus and Gobo, and then decided to give up and go for this guy)

Golly. I dunno if I can say I agree with any of those fraggle pairings. Prolly one of the most different groupings of this sort of thing involving the rockers I've seen thus far. It'd be interesting to see the Gobo & Wembley pair but I just see Wem as being too young for that sort of thing. :smirk:

I'm still a strong believer in Gobo & Red.

Nick :smirk: