Fraggle Reunion

Dash X

Reaction score
In none of the UK versions that i have metion Schimmelfinney

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
There could also be cut-ins of Doc and Sprocket on vacation and a few scenes with the Gorg's Garden in some sort of sub-plot.
Is the actor who played Doc still alive? He was already an old man back when the series orignally aired and it seems unlikely to me that he'd still be around, but even if he is he'd be frail and in poor health, wouldn't he?

Ryan

Reaction score
That's one big reason why a reunion would never happen. Craig Shemin was telling m, it's just too expensive to redo the foam interior completely. The fleece and everything is still in fine shape, it's the foam. Also, Fraggle Rock had a very big budget, and that would also be a problem today. But who knows, with Disney running them, we may see it one day.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'd love to see that Disney were able to spend some money on JHC's Fraggle Rock and do something big. You know, Disney didn't buy Fraggle Rock.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think the issue with bringing back Fraggle Rock isn't so much the condition of the puppets as much as it is that there probably is not a large enough demonstrated market for it. It's been a challenge for them to get classic Muppet projects off the ground and those characters are much better known than the Fraggle ones so I assume it would be much, much more difficult to get financing for something with the Fraggles lined up.

Ryan

Reaction score
Actually, I don't know how true that is. They're all over teen stores as 80'S Pop culture, and several of my friends in school loved Fraggle Rock. I think it could do well.

Craig said that it could be done if those few problems could be fixed.

BTW: Kevin and Andrew: Hav you been getting my emails?

McFraggle

Reaction score
I would love to see it, but like others have said I don't know if there is a market to do it. If it was done, it would have to be more than one show just to justify the cost of rebuilding the puppets.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I think the issue with bringing back Fraggle Rock isn't so much the condition of the puppets as much as it is that there probably is not a large enough demonstrated market for it.
I agree. When Disney bought the Muppets, there was a reason they didn't buy the Fraggles and it certainly wasn't because they couldn't afford them! :smile: