Fraggle Rock Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... Seeing as how I stumbled across "The List of Fraggle Things" over at www.punchandjewelry.com when redoing the Muppet Listing...
Thought it'd be a good idea to start up a Fraggle Rock Character Questions thread to sort through those entries and add any new ones deemed worthy of being added to the list.

So... Here goes.
1 Should the entry for "Architect Doozer" be changed to "The Architect Doozer"? Or left as is?
2 Is Aretha a Fraggle or just merely a cave creature?
3 Should the Tree Bird Creature Family be changed to just "Tree Creature"?
Baby Tree Bird, Mama Tree Bird, and Papa Tree Bird Creature respectively.
4 Marigold, Ms. Ardath's Airedale. Should this character be added to the list?
And is "A-i-r-e-d-a-l-e" the correct spelling of that species of dog?
5 Ms. Ardath. Should this character be added?
6 Should the entry for "Mudwell the Mud Bunny" be changed to "Mudbunny"? Or left as is?
7 Should the entry for "Old Gypsy Fraggle" be changed to "The Old Gypsy Lady"? Or left as is?
8 Should the entry for "The Wizard (FR)" be changed to "The Wizard of Fraggle Rock"? Or left as is?
9 Should the entry for "Avalanche Monster" be changed to "The Avalanche Monster"? Or left as is?
*10 Cootie: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?
*11 Dreedlebugs: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
*12 Enigma Fish: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?
*13 Gaga Bug: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?
*14 Giant Bolo Monster: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?
15 Should the entry for "The Gorg's Killer Soufflé" be changed to "Gorg's Killer Soufflé"? Or left as is?
*16 Gridgen Spiders: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
*17 Honkfish: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
Is this a single character or a group of characters/creatures known either way as "Honkfish"?
18 The Invisible Garboil: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?
19 Should the entry for "Mirkmonster" be changed to "The Mirkmonster"? Or left as is?
*20 Moss-Billed Flubberduck: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?
*21 Purple Sproingers: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
22 Should the entry for "The Rock Clinger" be changed to "The Rock Clingers"? Or left as is?
*23 Rockbeetles: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
24 Should the entry for "The Rumblebugs" be changed to "Rumblebugs"? Or left as is?
*25 Screaming Iceworms: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
*26 Spiderflies: who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
*27 Thimblebeetles: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
Or should they be classified per their other denotation as "Thimblebugs"?
*28 Three-Eyed Mind Melter: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?

Regarding the questions above with stars...
Should those entries be added as they appear?
Or should there be a "The" preceeding the character/creature(s)' names?
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good weekend.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Architecht Doozer should be listed as either:

Architecht Doozer

or

Architecht Doozer, the

same with similar type entries. Otherwise you will have a lot of "The"'s and it will be difficult to search.

Just a thought.

Also, (and I noticed this when I watched a week ago) that Mudbunny guy was also in MTI.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
1 Should the entry for "Architect Doozer" be changed to "The Architect Doozer"? Or left as is?

"Architect" is probably his name.

2 Is Aretha a Fraggle or just merely a cave creature?

She's a fuzzy grayish-brown monster-like creature, most recently seen in MWoO.

Baby Tree Bird, Mama Tree Bird, and Papa Tree Bird Creature respectively.

What about: The Tree Creatures: Baby
The Tree Creatures: Mama
The Tree Creatures: Papa

And is "A-i-r-e-d-a-l-e" the correct spelling of that species of dog?
5 Ms. Ardath. Should this character be added?

Like Mr. Shimmelfinney, they're never seen, but are important to the "human" segments, so they should be added. (I believe "Airedale" is correct.)

6 Should the entry for "Mudwell the Mud Bunny" be changed to "Mudbunny"? Or left as is?

"Mudwell the Mudbunny".

7 Should the entry for "Old Gypsy Fraggle" be changed to "The Old Gypsy Lady"? Or left as is?

Left as is.

8 Should the entry for "The Wizard (FR)" be changed to "The Wizard of Fraggle Rock"? Or left as is?

Changed.

*11 Dreedlebugs: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
I believe they're only referenced to, but never seen. According to Mokey, their nests make great ink.

15 Should the entry for "The Gorg's Killer Soufflé" be changed to "Gorg's Killer Soufflé"? Or left as is?

Will the "The" list them under the "T" headings?

*20 Moss-Billed Flubberduck: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?

AFAIK, they're never seen; only referenced to.

*26 Spiderflies: who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?

The only one I know of sang "Free and High" with Wembley; I don't know if there were any others.

*27 Thimblebeetles: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?

A short beetle similar to a June bug, with big yellow (flat) eyes and a short beak-like snout.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks... Hope to hear from you guys concerning the remaining questions.

To answer yours MD... Should know by now, a "The" attached to a character's name won't get 'em moved down to the "T" file. If so, then it'd be much more populated than the "S" file.
No, I treat character names with "The" attached to them as if the "The" weren't there in terms of alphabetization. And that's why it irks me a little to see movie names (at least back when I had better sight) when I used to rent them at Blockbuster with ", The" at the end instead of at the front.
Hope this helps and have a good weekend.

luvtosr

Reaction score
These are the ones I can answer at the moment, I haven't checked to see if you have had them answered previously though. Hope they help.

Should the entry for "Architect Doozer" be changed to "The Architect Doozer"? Or left as is? - I'd go with Architect, the. It's his title but we don't know if it is really his name too.

Baby Tree Bird, Mama Tree Bird, and Papa Tree Bird Creature respectively. -
Baby tree Creature, Mama Tree Creature, Papa Tree Creature

And is "A-i-r-e-d-a-l-e" the correct spelling of that species of dog? - Yes and yes

5 Ms. Ardath. Should this character be added? - Yes but make sure that you make sure it's clear she's from the US version as she isn't in the UK one

6 Should the entry for "Mudwell the Mud Bunny" be changed to "Mudbunny"? Or left as is? - Left as is

7 Should the entry for "Old Gypsy Fraggle" be changed to "The Old Gypsy Lady"? Or left as is? - She is always referred to as The Old Gypsy Lady and should be listed as such

*11 Dreedlebugs: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list? - Their nests are very good for making ink and they live near the Lilac Cavern and yes, they should be added.

*21 Purple Sproingers: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list? - Purple Sproingers are the mature creature which comes out of the cocoons made by the Toe-ticklers in a similar fashion to butterflies. They eat stinkweed and look a bit like flying jellyfish and yes they should be added to the list.

22 Should the entry for "The Rock Clinger" be changed to "The Rock Clingers"? Or left as is? I would list it in the multiple but point out that if you make eye contact with one, or pay it any attention it will fall in love with you and follow you around forever.

24 Should the entry for "The Rumblebugs" be changed to "Rumblebugs"? Or left as is? - I would change it.

*26 Spiderflies: who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list? - Spiderflies are little flying bugs but some of them, if you release them from a spiders' web for example, turn into fairy godmothers..or odd old men and can grant a wish.

*27 Thimblebeetles: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list? - A Thimble beetle is just a little beetle. I would add them to the list as the Beetle song is inspired by one.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info luvtosr. Will wait till my other sources come in and we can go over this stuff.
Sorry to make it sound like I'm wembling on these, but since I don't have any FR source material in my library... Yeah, I know, should pick up FR Season 1 DVD set. Just choosing to build up the figure collection now instead of the video one, maybe for my B-Day or Christmas both in December...
Anyway... There are some entries, the ones with stars from my first post, that I'd like to know if they should have "The" attached at the beginning of the entry.
Don't attach the "The" by means of a comma at the end myself, no I leave it at the front and alphabetize by the character's true name instead.
That's why I'll leave it as "Architect Doozer". But if I'd've changed it, it'd be "The Architect Doozer" listed in the A's.
Hope this helps explain a little better, and hope we can get through all of these to add 'em to the ol' list soon.
Have a good weekend guys.

Emosewa

Reaction score
1 Should the entry for "Architect Doozer" be changed to "The Architect Doozer"? Or left as is? I think The Architect Doozer because he seemed to be the only one.
2 Is Aretha a Fraggle or just merely a cave creature? She's a cave creature, though a great singing one. ^_^
3 Should the Tree Bird Creature Family be changed to just "Tree Creature"? They were called Tree Creatures cause they didn't know what 'birds' were, so calling them Tree Bird Creature is just confuzing.
And is "A-i-r-e-d-a-l-e" the correct spelling of that species of dog?She should be added because she was a character who interacted with Sprocket quite a bit,just off camera. (Just as important as Fluffenella) And yes, Airedale is correct.
5 Ms. Ardath. Should this character be added? Of course, same as Marigold.
6 Should the entry for "Mudwell the Mud Bunny" be changed to "Mudbunny"? Or left as is? Mudbunny.
7 Should the entry for "Old Gypsy Fraggle" be changed to "The Old Gypsy Lady"? Or left as is? The Old Gypsy Lady, because that was what they called her.
8 Should the entry for "The Wizard (FR)" be changed to "The Wizard of Fraggle Rock"? Or left as is? Same as the Old Gypsy Lady. He was only called The Wizard, so should be left as is.
9 Should the entry for "Avalanche Monster" be changed to "The Avalanche Monster"? Or left as is? It should be added, afterall it was actually seen on camera and interacted with Red and Mokey.
*10 Cootie: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list? I can't remember what Cooties did, but they weren't seen, but still worthy of being added to the list.
*11 Dreedlebugs: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list? They should be added, same as the others though never seen, they are worth mentioning. Like Luv said, their nests make great ink.
*12 Enigma Fish: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list? Also dont remember what was said about them and not seen but worth mentioning.
*13 Gaga Bug: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list? Ahh, the Gaga Bug is worth mentioning! One bite could cause a fraggle to act insane (and there's no known cure). Worth mentioning though never seen! (I loved the Secret Society of the Poohbah's episode)
*14 Giant Bolo Monster: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list? Don't remember what it does, wasn't seen. But worth mentioning.
15 Should the entry for "The Gorg's Killer Soufflé" be changed to "Gorg's Killer Soufflé"? Or left as is? I'd go with the Gorgs' Killer Souffle. It includes all of them, and shows it was their one souffle, while without the the makes it sound like a monster in a video game that comes up occassionally. ^_^
*16 Gridgen Spiders: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list? Never seen, don't remember what they do. But worhty of listing if you want a complete list.
*17 Honkfish: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list? Don't remember, never seen but same as before.
Is this a single character or a group of characters/creatures known either way as "Honkfish"? Don't remember. ^_^ Sounds like a speicies so should be more then one.
18 The Invisible Garboil: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list? Was never seen (cause its invisible) but was there, and interacted with the characters. So definitely should be listed!
19 Should the entry for "Mirkmonster" be changed to "The Mirkmonster"? Or left as is? Erf, don't remember this one either but don't htink it was ever seen. Though I could be wrong (needs to watch episodes yet again).
*20 Moss-Billed Flubberduck: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?No clue, but same as before. ^_^
*21 Purple Sproingers: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list? THey should be added to the list! They were very important in the episode of the toe ticklers! They look kinda like flying purple jellyfish but feathery. Definitely worthy of listing as they saved Mokey's life.
22 Should the entry for "The Rock Clinger" be changed to "The Rock Clingers"? Or left as is? The Rock Clingers, because while it focused on one, there were definitely more then one.
*23 Rockbeetles: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list? I think those might have been seen, but I can't remember I know they were mentioned, but my memory can be terrible. Still list!
24 Should the entry for "The Rumblebugs" be changed to "Rumblebugs"? Or left as is? Strangely for this one entry I think they should be listed as The Rumblebugs, because that's how they were called, almot like they were a band hehe.
*25 Screaming Iceworms: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list? Never seen, but supposedly something terrible. And should be listed.
*26 Spiderflies: who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list? They were seen in more then one episode, not normally important except in the episode of Wembley's Flight were a magical one turned into an old man fraggle (fairy godmother?) and was very important in that episode, thus worth listing!
*27 Thimblebeetles: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?Same as Luv said.
Or should they be classified per their other denotation as "Thimblebugs"? Are they the same thing as the Thimblebugs?
*28 Three-Eyed Mind Melter: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?Something horrible, but never went into great detail. Stillworth mentioning for a complete list. ^_^

Yay, I answered them all to the best of my ability!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Emo. Will check a few things and post after settling old accounts.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
A few more notes:

"Mudbunny"--the only time I've seen it spelled this way was on the captions of the MTI DVD. (He's the brown guy with the buck teeth, right?)

7 Should the entry for "Old Gypsy Fraggle" be changed to "The Old Gypsy Lady"? Or left as is? The Old Gypsy Lady, because that was what they called her.

I like adding "Fraggle" to the list because, although she is called The Old Gypsy Lady on the show, it'd let people reading the list know she's not a cave creature.

Not sure if you already listed them, but "Flowering Lubdub Bush" might be added; Junior encountered them in "The Great Radish Caper" and fed them onion jellybeans--only to have them spit back out! (They're a bit like large pink flowers with a thick green stem, like a cactus.) It depends if "living, Muppet-like plants" are included (but since you've got Lanford listed, it's probably okay).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK...
1 "Flowering Lubdub Bush" isn't on the list yet... But it will be as son as I get back home and pull out my master diskette #1.
Thanks for the new entry MuppetDude.
2 So should it be "The Old Gypsy Lady Fraggle"?
And yes, the reason I attach Fraggle at the end is not only cause it's part of the character's name... But so people reading know it's a Fraggle and not a cave creature.
3 Contacted Warrick with this as well...
The ones he answered that still aren't clear to me...
a. Should it be "Tree Creature" or "Tree Bird Creature"?
Will group them together under an appropriate subgrouping heading in the T's because of their name being "Tree" creature/Bird Creatures, just want to know which of the two it is.
b. Should it be "The Wizard" or "The Wizard of Fraggle Rock".
Warrick said it was fine as is, but I ask after seeing how it's listed at www.punchandjewelry.com

4 There's still the matter of all the other items on my list above, and whether "The" should be attached at the front of the entry or not.
Or should I just go by the info luvtosr posted?
BTW: Thanks for posting your answers above luvtosr.
5 Few more additions I forgot about before.
Dr. Fun (Boober Fraggle), should this be added?
Geraldine, the radish Junior thinks of as his best friend in the world, should this be added?
Would also appreciate help with the character and actor names of the main international versions of Doc and Sprockket.
From the Behind the Scenes special hosted by Jim, I know there are four main versions: the US ones already listed, and versions for the UK, France, and Germany.
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.