Fraggle Rock Character Questions

luvtosr

Reaction score
Dr. Fun (Boober Fraggle), should this be added? - No, It can be mentioned under 'Sidebottom' who is Boobers' alternate personality (allthough we see him as a seperate entity). In the episode 'Sidebottom Blues' Boober is dressed as a doctor as he is going to be a roaming medic. Sidebottom adopts the look for his little rampage and dubs himself Dr. Fun

Geraldine, the radish Junior thinks of as his best friend in the world, should this be added? - Yeah, why not, after all she is his only friend.

Would also appreciate help with the character and actor names of the main international versions of Doc and Sprockket. In Britain it was The Captain of Fraggle Rock Lighthouse (which was actually St. Anthonys' Head lighthouse at Falmouth, his dog was also called Sprocket. I don't know the human characters' name but in the French version the dog was call Croquette

Also, just incase you're interested in it here's a load of screenshots from some of the episodes I have. Link

I don't know if you are listing episodes too but it also might be worth mentioning somewhere 'The Fraggles Look For New Jobs' - a fifteen(ish) minute long video which features the fraggle 5 planning their futures after the series has ended. It's quite amusing with a lot of jokes about the cast and crew as that was who it was intended for.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
3 Contacted Warrick with this as well...
The ones he answered that still aren't clear to me...
a. Should it be "Tree Creature" or "Tree Bird Creature"?
Will group them together under an appropriate subgrouping heading in the T's because of their name being "Tree" creature/Bird Creatures, just want to know which of the two it is.
b. Should it be "The Wizard" or "The Wizard of Fraggle Rock".
Warrick said it was fine as is, but I ask after seeing how it's listed at www.punchandjewelry.com

3a) On the show they're called "Tree Creatures", but never called a bird, except by Junior. The fraggles call them creatures.

3b) The Wizard's fine, but who's to say that it isn't the "Wizard of Outer Space"? Maybe the "FR" designation could be added to specify what exactly he's the wizard of.

Geraldine, the radish Junior thinks of as his best friend in the world, should this be added?

It's sort of like Zoe's pet rock, so yes.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
luvtosr said:
Also, just incase you're interested in it here's a load of screenshots from some of the episodes I have. Link
Nice pics!

That picture labeled "Don't know"; I think that's a poison cackler.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, did some cleaning up.
Here's the list of what I still have doubts on from FR.

Remaining Questions.
7 Should the entry for "Old Gypsy Fraggle" be changed to "The Old Gypsy Lady Fraggle"? Or left as is?
9 Should the entry for "Avalanche Monster" be changed to "The Avalanche Monster"? Or left as is?
*10 Cootie: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?
*11 Dreedlebugs: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
*12 Enigma Fish: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?
*13 Gaga Bug: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?
*14 Giant Bolo Monster: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?
15 Should the entry for "The Gorg's Killer Soufflé" be changed to "Gorg's Killer Soufflé"? Or left as is?
*16 Gridgen Spiders: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
*17 Honkfish: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
Is this a single character or a group of characters/creatures known either way as "Honkfish"?
18 The Invisible Garboil: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?
19 Should the entry for "Mirkmonster" be changed to "The Mirkmonster"? Or left as is?
*20 Moss-Billed Flubberduck: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?
*21 Purple Sproingers: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
22 Should the entry for "The Rock Clinger" be changed to "The Rock Clingers"? Or left as is?
*23 Rockbeetles: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
24 Should the entry for "The Rumblebugs" be changed to "Rumblebugs"? Or left as is?
*25 Screaming Iceworms: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
*26 Spiderflies: who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
*27 Thimblebeetles: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
Or should they be classified per their other denotation as "Thimblebugs"?
*28 Three-Eyed Mind Melter: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?
29 Is the name of Doc's neighbor spelled "Shimmelfinny" or "Schimmelfinney"?
30 All help with the character and/or actor's names of the UK, French and German versions of Doc and/or Sprocket would be appreciated.

Unless, there's an agreement that I should go by the info that luvtosr so thankfully provided?
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
7 Should the entry for "Old Gypsy Fraggle" be changed to "The Old Gypsy Lady Fraggle"? Or left as is?

Changed.

*11 Dreedlebugs: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?

I don't think they're ever seen on the show, but Mokey points out in "Boober's Quiet Day" that their nests make great ink; it's never mentioned what they look like, but later Boober is seen carrying the nests.

15 Should the entry for "The Gorg's Killer Soufflé" be changed to "Gorg's Killer Soufflé"? Or left as is?

Left as is.

*20 Moss-Billed Flubberduck: Who or what is this character/creature? Should it be added to the list?

Referenced to in "Red's Club"; Mokey mentions helping rumblebugs, fraggles, and a moss-billed flubberduck; it's never seen, just referenced to.

*21 Purple Sproingers: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?

Yes; luvtosr has proof in a photo.

24 Should the entry for "The Rumblebugs" be changed to "Rumblebugs"? Or left as is?

Left as is; it's like a grouping similar to "The Honkers".

*26 Spiderflies: who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?

I've only seen one (in a photo), so I can't tell if there are any others.

*27 Thimblebeetles: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list?
Or should they be classified per their other denotation as "Thimblebugs"?

"Thimblebeetles"; that's what they're called in a song.

29 Is the name of Doc's neighbor spelled "Shimmelfinny" or "Schimmelfinney"?

I think it's the first one.

30 All help with the character and/or actor's names of the UK, French and German versions of Doc and/or Sprocket would be appreciated.

Lucky for you that all this info is available in "The Works". Here's the info from the Fraggle Rocker site:

Doc is actually the only human seen in the show and being that, the actor for Doc had to change with each language version of Fraggle Rock. Among them were Gerry Parks, the US/Canadian; Fulton MacKay from the English version, who was not named as Doc but as Captain; Michel Robin from the French version, where Sprocket's name was changed to Croquette; and Hans-Helmut Dickow, from the German version.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... Is "Doc" the name of both the French and German character as well?

And here are some episode specifics to help you guys find the ones on the list that still remain to be answered/added.
9 Avalanche Monster. Should it reamin as is? Or Changed to "The Avalanche Monster?
Episode 81: Wonder Mountain.
10 Cootie.
12 Enigma Fish.
Episode 86: The Voice Inside.
13 Gaga Bug.
14 Giant Bolo Monster.
Episode 23: The Beast of Bluerock, on FR Season 1 DVD set.
16 Gridgen Spiders.
Episode 23: The Beast of Bluerock, on FR Season 1 DVD set.
17 Honkfish.
Episode 84: Mirror, Mirror.
18 The Invisible Garboil.
Episode 21: Gobo's Discovery, on FR Season 1 DVD set.
19 Mirkmonster. Should it be left as is? Or changed to "The Mirkmonster"?
Episode 44: A Cave of One's Own.
22 The Rock Clinger. Should it be left as is? Or changed to "The Rock Clingers"?
Episode 29: Uncle Matt Comes Home.
23 Rockbeetles.
Episode 28: Red's Sea Creature.
25 Screaming Iceworms.
Episode 33: Sir Hubris and the Gorgs.
26 Spiderflies.
Episode 43: Doomsday Soup.
28 Three-Eyed Mind Melter.
Episode 90: Gone But Not Forgotten.

Hope this helps generate some replies to get them sorted and hopefully added, hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.

luvtosr

Reaction score
7 Should the entry for "Old Gypsy Fraggle" be changed to "The Old Gypsy Lady Fraggle"? Or left as is? - Really it should be The Old Gypsy Lady because she is only ever referred to as this - if you're including a description then you can mention that she's a fraggle.

*11 Dreedlebugs: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list? - Yes they should be added, they are mentioned in ''Boobers' Quiet Day' when Boober tells Mokey that he is going to the Lilac Cavern to collect Bleach nuts for his laundry. Mokey mentions that that is near the cave where the Dreedlebugs nest and asks if he will bring her back some nests because they make really good ink. As it happens he gets some nests from the Storyteller - the nests look like little wicker baskets.

19 Should the entry for "Mirkmonster" be changed to "The Mirkmonster"? Or left as is? - I would put the Mirkmonster - it is mentioned but not seen in 'A cave of ones' own'.

*21 Purple Sproingers: Who or what are these characters/creatures? Should they be added to the list? - Pic 1 pic 2 These are the best pics I could get.

Apart from that I stick by my answers before except maybe 'The Rumblebugs' I think Emo (apologies if it wasn't Emo who posted it) had a good point that it is 'the cave of the rumblebugs' so I would now call them rumblebugs.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info luvtosr.
Actually, pics aren't the best to convince me... Maybe others like the rest of my trusted sources.
Reason why is cause I'm visually impaired. Though I still retain some vision, it's not enough to allow me to see images on a TV or computer screen. So I leave that stuff to the rest of my sources. Of course... One day I plan to make this a published work, the Family Album as Volume 1 of my entire grand design with photos of everyone listed.
Heh, but that's work for another day.

Will wait to get the rest of the entries checked out. But I do thank you for your very-well valued info posted here luvtosr.
Have a good day you guys.