1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rock DVD Petition

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by BlueFrackle, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Jackie

Jackie New Member

There are a LOT of people signing this petition...is it doing any good? BlueFrackle, are you in contact with anybody? huh huh??
  2. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

Jackie, only time will tell !

Today the DVD Petition reached 9072 !!

Congrats to everyone who signed !

:D
  3. Jackie

Jackie New Member

If i could save time in a bottle, the first thing that i'd like to do...
  4. Jessie

Jessie New Member

Fraggles in French

Hey BlueFrackle

I just got back from Paris yesterday and I saw the Fraggle Rock DVD set on sale in French. I was tempted to buy it even though I woulnd't be able to understand most of it, but sadly it was 92 Euros. But it was still exciting to be able to see it! Any word on an english version?
  5. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

I knew it would happen sooner or later ... it's finally peaked 10,000! :D :D :D :D :D
  6. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yay BlueFrackle - 10,000 - what an achievement ! Your petition really has some clout now, i expect Fraggle DVD's announced within the next year ! Even if me and you have to burn the Cd's ourselves ! LOL !
  7. BlueFrackle

Guys,

Finally 10,000 Signatures !

Now we can see what Henson has to say !

Thanks for everyone who signed, I think that every person who signed the petition counts... and those who didnt, Well they still have a chance - LOL!

Just because we got to 10,000 doesnt mean its finished, So keep spreading the word.

The Fraggles want to come out of the caves for one last time !

http://www.petitiononline.com/Fraggle/
  8. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

WHOO HOO!! That's awesome!!:D
  9. Boober_Gorg

Here's a neat way to promote the petition

I've been printing out little 4.5 x 4.5 squares of this image. I'm renting (and checking out) as many Fraggle videos as I can within my area, and I'm slipping those square sheets under the plastic layer of the clamshell cases (but not over the text of the description on the back cover, of course). That way, the next time someone gets that video, they'll see the link to the petition site!

Now it's reached 10,776 signatures! Good sign ...
  10. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Good idea G-Man. My only suggestion would be, rather than renting them all, why don't you just slip them in when you see them on the shelves? I mean, it'll definitely save you money. Also, the rental store might check the movie or box before reshelving, and may disgard the slip. If they're already shelved, then you have nothing to worry about.

Congratz on 10,000 BlueFrackle! I had my whole family sign! :)

-Matt
  11. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

That's a really great idea! Good thinking. We should all print some off and stick them around our towns.
  12. BlueFrackle

Guys,

Thanks for the support !

I think that if you asked politly you would be allowed to leave flyers at a Video Store and maybe some other places ?

see ya
  13. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Eh, I guess it depends on the kind of kids ya got workin' at the stores. I'm sure you can find the 17-year-old nostalgia bumpits who will hand 'em out to all of their friends to show how cool they are, so that's a plus in a way. Depending on the strictness of the managers and staff, you might run into some problems that could be avoided if you just snuck them in the boxes.

-Matt
  14. Boober_Gorg

I don't see any problems if the videos belong to a public library, and to a San Francisco rental shop full of friendly nostalgists. The petition link is an inviting way of saying, "If you've rented this video, that must mean you like this show. And if you like this show, and want it to be released on DVD, why not sign this petition?"
  15. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Of course you don't see any problem with it, and honestly there really isn't any problem at all. Its just some places might view it as some kind of advertising (which it is, in essance...even though there is no initial monetary profit to be gained, its still an ad), and aren't cool with that. Others won't support it because they are worried about people in higher positions coming down on them for it, which risks their jobs and such. There are more factors to a simple harmless DVD Petition to some people than there are to us Muppets. You gotta remember, the world doesn't view things the way we do (ESPECIALLY when people think money is at stake, which they might in the rental market).

-Matt
  16. BlueFrackle

Matt,

I think its harmless, And i dont think anyone would mind or get in trouble.

But ask first, its best.
  17. doozertime

doozertime New Member

gotta luv yahh!!

thank you soo much for taking the time to write such a touching patition i got teary eyed when i read it we must have fraggle rock on dvd ill bye a hundred copies if i have too!!!:excited: :smirk:
  18. muppetfreak12

muppetfreak12 New Member

how many?

Is there a goal (number of signatures), for the petition? :excited:
  19. Boober_Gorg

I don't think so - you might say the goal is the number of signatures it has by the big day when we find out, for sure, unmistakably, with dead-on proof, that our petition's request will be fulfilled. (For sure. No exaggeration.) And who knows when that day will come?
  20. mickyfan413

mickyfan413 New Member

boobergorg

the email you sent me never went through.could you please send me another one thanks joe