Fraggle Rock Fan-Fiction: Perfect Harmony

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll probably stop in and read at some point soon. But you mister Ed, need to go see the REAL top five Muppets! We posted it last night, and you've yet to post! Tsk, tsk! How very unlike you... :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? What are you talking about? Of course I posted. And though I do heartily approve (and swoon a little) at your choice of Miss Mousey for #2, I told Layla we were taking punitive measures should you and your lovely half not deliver the true final five.

*Dunks Prawny back into the cauldron to marinate thoroughly.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
No no silly man! We posted the REAL final five last night too! No punitive measures are needed, I assure you!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Just finished reading that. Now get to finishing your fanfics, including the time travel one you're both working on that spawned this half-talk.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 15

Marjory was tired.

But not tired of anything sleep could cure.

She was tired of feeling useless.

The Trash Heap looked over at Philo and Gunge, both asleep in an old radish seed sack.

"Well…" Marjory thought aloud. "What harm could a little Magic do?"

>< >< >< >< ><

Traveling Matt scribbled furiously to finish his urgent postcard to Gobo.

Marking the last punctuation, Matt pulled a "sticky square" (as he called stamps) out of his pocket.

Matt glanced over his work and decided that it was finished. He finally emerged from underneath the desk and poked his head out of the doggy door. He looked both ways out into the dark world of Outer Space. After deciding he was safe, he darted for the nearest "shiny blue postcard eating monster."

The Fraggle climbed to the top of the mailbox and dropped the postcard inside.

>< >< >< >< ><

Marjory visualized the opening, and took it.

"A little touch of Magic won’t hurt," she said. The Trash Heap waved her arms around and closed her eyes, concentrating. "Just a touch of… Magic!" she shouted.

>< >< >< >< ><

In Outer Space, the postcard didn’t even have time to hit the bottom of the mailbox. It started to dissolve into shining light. Pure and simple.

The light reappeared hundreds of miles away in an alley somewhere in Arizona where a green, big-nosed Fraggle snored as a postcard formed itself from the light and landed on his banana tree print shirt.

Wembley stirred slightly, but decided it wasn’t worth waking up for.
>< >< >< >< ><

Gunge rubbed his eyes as he looked up from his makeshift bed. "What the… I know I heard somethin’…"

There was nothing left around him. Marjory had gone down into the earth to recover. Magic like that isn’t just a walk in the park; it’s more like a marathon through the park on bicycles, roller-blades, and skateboards.

Whatever those things were.

Marjory chuckled slightly as Gunge went back to sleep.

>< >< >< >< ><

Boober, Cotterpin, Large Marvin, and Feeny traveled through the caves of Fraggle Rock, as Cotterpin tried to remember where exactly that hole in the cave wall was.

"I’m sure it’s around here somewhere," Cotterpin said, as she watched her surroundings from the top of Boober’s hat.

"You’ve been saying that since we got started. We’re never going to find it…" Boober said.

"Ohh, I’m so hungry," Large Marvin groaned. "I knew we should have stopped for lunch first!"

"Come on guys, we’re almost there, I’m sure of it," Cotterpin said.

"Well we’d better be, or else we might miss the party," Feeny said.

"Good," Boober said. "Wait, party? What party?" he asked.

"Well I just heard the Fraggle Horn, and that either means a boring meeting, or a party. I think we’ve had enough boring meetings lately, so it must be a party!" Feeny said.

"I like the way you think Feeny!" Marvin said.

"Oh good grief," Boober said. "Come on, we’ve got a cave to find."

>< >< >< >< ><

"John, John, Convincing John," Henchy said, poking his head into Convincing John’s dressing cave. "Fifteen seconds to show time Convincing John."

"Thank you, I’m ready," Convincing John said, straightening his bowtie.

"Are you sure about this John baby?" one of John’s back-up singers, the Fragglettes, asked.

"Hey, a gig is a gig, right?" Convincing John asked.

"Well I think this gig may be worse than the Doozer tower fiasco," another Fragglette said.

"Hmph, and that was some of my better work," John said.

"John boy, you’re on!" World’s Oldest Fraggle called into the cave. "I’m introducing you!"

"Here goes," Convincing John said.

The World’s Oldest Fraggle stepped up in front of the entire Fraggle population. "Fraggles I bring you the one and only Convincing John! So listen up, got it?"

The Fraggles cheered for Convincing John. Mokey and Cantus stood up in the wings of one of the caverns. "I don’t think this is a good idea," Cantus said. Mokey gulped. If Cantus was nervous, it must not be a good idea.

Convincing John took his place in center stage and the Fragglettes followed suit. The music started playing; the Fragglettes took a deep breath, and started the song.

"Listen to Convincing John
And all your troubles will be gone
He’s gonna tell it, spell it, sell it just for you."

John readied himself, and began to sing.

"Well now listen to me Fraggles
With your Fraggle brains a churnin’
Ya got Doozers disappearin’ from you"

"From you."

"Well there’s Gorg-ish feet afoot
And they’ll turn us all to soot
If we don’t do somethin’ real soon"

"Real soon"

"So if you wanna save the Rock
From bein’ blown up at the stalk
Ya gotta stop an’ give a thought to what you do"

"What you do"

"Gotta go to war with Gorgs
If you wanna save your friends and you!"

The Fraggles murmured words of fear and confusion, but John and the Fragglettes kept on singing.

"Well you think that war is bad
An’ everybody’s actin’ cad
An’ war will end us all for sure"

"For sure"

"But the Gorgs can find a hole
An’ grab ya while ya stroll
An’ the Gorg can eat you up for his meal"

"His meal"

"An’ he will pack you in his sack
An’ you can try to scramble back
But then you’ll never ever ever get free"

"Get free"

"But you can go to war with Gorgs
An’ you can fight your way to victory."

"Oh yeah!" John shouted.

"An’ if you wanna hear a tale
Of how some Fraggles did prevail
Let me tell you ‘bout some pals I knew"

"I knew"

"They were off to fight the Gorgs
An’ they came to cross the gorge
In the way only brave Fraggles can do"

"Can do"

"Then the Gorgs saw ‘em comin’
An’ they started off a runnin’
An’ I promise you this story is true"

"Is true"

"By the time they were there
The Gorgs had run off afraid of you and you and YOU!"

"They did!"

The Fraggles cheered wildly.

"C’mon and listen to Convincing John
And all our troubles will be gone

The Fraggles whooped and hollered as Convincing John convinced them all to go off to war with Gorgs. Cantus looked at Mokey solemnly, and shook his head. He turned around quietly and returned to his cave.

Mokey stared down at the cheering Fraggles. "They’re cheering on their own misery," she said quietly. "So much for Perfect Harmony…"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ooooh! And here I was thinking to myself... Self, we oughta nag Prawny for some more PH. It's been ages since he's updated... We oughta menace him with those penguin cannons or muffins... And here you go and post the next chapter!
Liked the nod to Scooter there with Henchie calling on John before the performance. Rully enjoyed the song. The Trash Heap has performed magic, nyah! Darling little interaction between Cotterpin and Boober. Sad to know Cantus and Mokey know this is the wrong path. Oh no! This cannot be it for peeeeerfect harmony! There must be more! So post more already! You have been warned.

*Bounces off to see who else needs a good prompt nagging.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh wow, so much in this chapter! Loving Uncle Matt and the "sticky squares". The magic, the song, war? No more perfect harmony? Oh my. Ok Prawnie, you know I'm not going to let you off with leaving it here. Post more please! Soon!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 16

The sun slowly crept through the dusty windows of the workshop. Traveling Matt hadn’t slept a wink; he was too scared that the hissing, furry creature would eat him in his sleep. (And he didn’t have his teddy bear.)

Matt was also dreading sleep because if he slept it meant that he’d wake up faster, which meant the exterminator would be arriving to wipe out all of Fraggle Rock.

But otherwise he would’ve slept just fine.

Traveling Matt heard footsteps leaving the bedroom. He did his best to hide himself underneath the desk.

"Where is my exterminator?" the silly creature shouted at no one. "You’re just lucky I need to go out and get my morning coffee, or else your heads would be rolling!"

"Who in the Rock could this silly creature be talking to?" Matt asked himself.

"Yes well, just make sure they’re here soon. I can’t have my dear, sweet Cogs subjected to horrible, disease ridden… creatures living inside this wall," the silly creature said. There was a noise as he shut something. "Come along Cogs," the silly creature called into the bedroom. "Time for num-nums and coffee."

The four-legged creature trotted along the floor up to the silly creature’s legs. The silly creature picked it up, and left the workshop.

Matt let out a sigh of relief. "I do hope that postcard gets to Gobo soon," he said.

>< >< >< >< ><

The sun was also trying to poke through Wembley’s closed eyes. It had no problem though, since Fraggles, being subterranean creatures, aren’t nearly adjusted to the light of the sun.

Wembley shot up and rubbed his eyes. "YOW!"

This shout woke up Gobo, Red, and Sprocket, who were all safely sleeping in the shade of the alley. "Wembley…" Gobo said, rubbing his eyes as well, but in a much calmer way. "What’s wrong?"

"That- that big burning b-ball!" Wembley stuttered. "It’s bright!"

"That’s why you sleep with your eyes closed, Wembley," Red said.

"But I—"

"Say, what’s that?" Gobo asked, pointing at something near Wembley’s feet.

"Huh," Wembley said. "I didn’t notice that. It looks like a postcard from Uncle Traveling Matt," Wembley said, picking up the postcard.

"Huh, musta fallen out of my sack," Gobo said.

"I don’t think so Gobo," Wembley said. "I’ve never seen this one before."

Gobo walked over to Wembley while Red remained leaning on Sprocket. "Do these dumb postcards confuse you as much as they do me?" she asked the dog. Sprocket shrugged and tried to go back to sleep.

Wembley handed Gobo the postcard and Gobo read it carefully. "W-Wembley, where did you get this?"

"I dunno Gobo," Wembley said. "It must of just been lyin’ on my stomach."

"Wembley this is a desperate cry for help!" Gobo said. "Matt says that everything within Fraggle Rock is about to be destroyed! He says we have to come to Doc’s old workshop, and fast!"

"That’s impossible," Red said. "How could a postcard saying that end up with us?"

"I don’t know Red, but you can read it for yourself if you don’t believe it," Gobo said. "All I know is, I’m heading back to save Fraggle Rock! Now who’s comin’ with me?"

"I am!" Wembley said immediately.

Sprocket perked up at the idea of going home, and barked his agreement.

Red sat in silence for a second. "C’mon Red," Gobo said. "We’re gonna need your help."

Red looked Gobo straight in the eyes. "Yeah, you will," she said. "What’re we waiting for?" she asked, hopping up for the ground. "We’ve got a Rock to save!"

"Alright!" Gobo said. "Now c’mon, let’s hurry!" Gobo started to run out of the alley, but was intercepted by Sprocket who grabbed Gobo by his shirt collar and tossed the Fraggle onto his back along with Red and Wembley. "Now you’re talkin’!" Gobo said. "C’mon Sprocket, let’s go!"

>< >< >< >< ><

"Uch, these caves are so filthy," Boober groaned. "Are we almost there Cotterpin?"

"Um, I think we should be," Cotterpin said. "All of these caves look the same."

"To a Doozer maybe," Feeny said.

"Feeny, Feeny, be nice to Miss Cotterpin!" Large Marvin said. "She thinks we’re smart, remember?"

"She also must’ve taken a few too many Doozer towers to the head." Boober muttered.

"Ooh, maybe I have too!" Feeny said. "I see a light up there!"

"What?" Boober asked.

"Yeah, a light at the end of the tunnel!" Feeny said, pointing ahead of him at a light seeping from a tunnel onto the cave floor.

"Oh good grief," Boober said. "That’s a light coming from that cave up there, you’re not—"

"A light!" Cotterpin shouted. "That must be it! C’mon Fraggles, forward!"

So the Fraggles ventured forward into the cavern whose entrance used to only be big enough for a Doozer, but was now blown wide enough for Fraggle entry too. The three Fraggles and their Doozer companion passed through what used to be a wall and stood in awe of the Gorg’s Garden in a place it definitely should not be.

"This… this is not good!" Boober said, visibly shaking. So much so, in fact, that Cotterpin fell right out of his hat.

She lifted herself up from the floor. "I told ya so," Cotterpin said. "Now do you think the other Fraggles will believe me?"

"Well they’ll have to!" Boober said. "You’ve got three Fraggle witnesses! Right Marvin, Feeny?"

"Large Marvin?" Cotterpin asked, looking around the cave, not seeing either Fraggle. "Feeny?"

"Where in the name of soap suds could they have gone?" Boober asked.

"We are down here!" Large Marvin’s voice called from far away.
"Down…" Cotterpin said. "Down where?"

"I don’t know, but it sure is bright!" Feeny said.

Boober and Cotterpin rushed to the edge of the hole. "Large Marvin, Feeny, what did you do?"

"Well…" Large Marvin said from his spot on the ground of the Gorg’s Garden. "I saw something that looked very yummy to eat… so I jumped out to get it. It turns out it was just a rock."

"Yeah, and I jumped after him because Large Marvin is the smartest Fraggle I know!" Feeny said.

"Well soon you’re going to be the two most captured Fraggles you know!" Boober said.

"You two have to get back up here!" Cotterpin shouted.

"But—but I saw radishes out there!" Large Marvin said, frantically pointing towards the front yard of the Gorg’s home.

"You nit-wit," Boober said, "get back up here before a Gorg finds you!"

"I think we’d better go back up Large Marvin," Feeny said.

"Silly Feeny," Large Marvin said, "who is the smarter Fraggle here?"

"Um, you are," Feeny said.

"Exactly, and who gets to decide where we go, hmm?"

"You do Large Marvin," Feeny said.

"Exactly!" Marvin said. "So I say we go get radishes!"

"You’ve got such good ideas, Large Marvin!" Feeny said.

"Wait! Feeny, Marvin, come back!" Cotterpin called after them.

It was too late, the two Fraggles had ventured out in to the Gorg’s radish patch.

"What do we do?" Boober asked is an extremely panicked tone.

"Well we’ve gotta go back and you’ve gotta tell the rest of the Fraggles!" Cotterpin said.

"Tell them what?" Boober asked. "That the Gorg’s are using Large Marvin as a pillow?"

"That would make me go save them," Cotterpin said.

Boober muddled things around in his mind as he tried to decide if the Fraggles would believe such a tale.

This is, of course, highly dangerous for Boober Fraggle. Because when Boober can’t make up his mind, well… another mind comes in to make it up for him.

Boober started to shake again.

"Boober? Boober are you alright?"

In common silly creature psychology, this would be called Dual Personality Disorder.

In Fraggle Rock, this is called Sidebottom.

Boober was looking himself in the lack-of-eyes when he came to, except this self was wearing bright colored clothes and a huge hat. But most defining of all was the huge grin on his face.

"Hey Boober old buddy, good to see ya!" Sidebottom said. "I was beginning to think you’d never let your fun side out again! Ha ha!"