1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rock Fan-Fiction: Perfect Harmony

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by theprawncracker, Sep 11, 2007.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

:zany: Wild applause! Wowy zowie... Prawny, points to you for using Jerry's version of Come and Follow Me. But this, the Fraggles materializing out of the music... You're going to have to explain that one bucco. As for the plan to get the Fraggles and Doozers rescued, I hope to read that soonish. Thank you... Post more!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Well... alright. :D :zany:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  3. theprawncracker

Chapter 21

The six Fraggles stood inside the cave staring at one another.

"How… how did that happen?" Gobo asked.

"Magic is as Magic does," Cantus said.

Mokey nodded. "And miracles do what Magic does."

"The music connected us to the Magic and connected us to each other," Cantus said, "and it brought you through the cave-in."

Wembley walked up silently to Mokey and hugged her. Mokey smiled. "Oh, little Wembley, you were so brave."

Wembley looked up at Mokey. "I don’t really even know what I did."

Red walked up to Wembley, looking down at her feet. "You were right Wembley," Red said softly. "I—I’m sorry."

"I say, did Red Fraggle just apologize to someone?" Traveling Matt asked. "It must be a miracle!"

The Fraggles laughed and Cantus looked at Gobo. "We are not finished yet," Cantus said. "The rest of the Fraggles, along with the Doozers, are in great peril."

Mokey nodded and moved to stand next to Cantus. "We’ve got to help them and perfect Perfect Harmony," she said.

"Now Mokey’s starting to sound like Cantus," Red said.

Gobo was watching the five Fraggles back and forth. "C’mon guys," he said finally. "Let’s get out there and save our friends!"

>< >< >< >< ><

Junior couldn’t ever remember being this nervous before. Of course, he’d never been involved in a secret plot with the entire Fraggle population of Fraggle Rock along with its entire Doozer population. Did he mention that this plan would probably cause Pa to banish him from the kingdom? That’s kind of an important detail.

"Don’t fret ya big lummox," World’s Oldest Fraggle said from the cage he and about twenty other Fraggles were being kept in.

"I’m sure it’ll work," Flange said from Junior’s pocket. "Once we’re all free, everything will be fine."

"If you say so liddow Doozah," Junior said.

Up on top of Fraggle Rock, Philo and Gunge sat munching on a radish. "So Philo," Gunge said. "Whatcha wanna bet that the dumb Gorg kid messes this up?"

"I betcha three banana peels and an orange rind that the Fraggles come out on top," Philo said.

"Heh, what a chump bet," Gunge said. "You’re on!"

"Hey, hey, I want in this too!" a pink Fraggle wearing a pilot’s helmet shouted up from his cage. "Three radishes against the Fraggles!"

"And who’re you?" Philo asked.

"Name’s Rumple Fraggle, c’mon, c’mon, lemme bet with ya!" Rumple begged.

"Oh alright, fine," Gunge said. "But only ‘cause you’re bettin’ on the right side. Heh heh." Gunge nudged Philo, "Now d’ere’s a smart better," he said.

"Hewe comes daddy," Junior said. "Awe you ready mistah Fwaggle?"

"Yes I’m ready! Sheesh! Where’s Henchy when I need something to whack?" World’s Oldest asked.

"Comfortably over here," Henchy called over happily to World’s Oldest from another cage.

"Figures," World’s Oldest muttered. "Oops, show time!" he laughed. He tossed his cane behind his head and fell to the floor of the cage. "Rose… bud…"

Junior let out a long, well rehearsed gasp. "Daddy! My gosh daddy, the Fwaggle! He’s dead, daddy! He’s dead!"

Pa shook his head. "Junior, how many times do I have-ta tell ya, just ‘cause a Fraggle’s eyes are closed and he’s layin’ down, he’s not—Sweet Gorg! That Fraggle’s dead!"

One of the Fraggles in the same cage as World’s Oldest blinked. "I thought he was just lying down with his eyes closed," the nameless Fraggle whispered to another.

The other Fraggle thought about this. "Oh no… he was supposed to be! He must actually be dead! Oh no! World’s Oldest! He’s dead!"

The Fraggles shed tears of woe for their supposedly dead comrade.

Unfortunately, that comrade was not really dead. For if he had been, he wouldn’t be tempted to jump up and scold the dumb Fraggles surrounding him.

"C’mon everyone," another Fraggle said. "Let’s sing the funeral dirge Boober wrote and sing it for World’s Oldest’s passing."

Oh no
    , World’s Oldest thought. I can’t resist a good honky-tonk dance!

"When my time to go is here
    Call my friends to gather near
    Tell the doctor and the preacher
    That I’m failing."

"Time to pick up the tempo!"

Oh no…
    World’s Oldest groaned. A funeral dirge you can dance to, what a ridiculous idea!

"Junior, what are those Fraggles doin’?" Pa asked.

"I—I don’t know," Junior said. "D’is wasn’t part of the plan," he mumbled.

"But forget about your black
    ‘Cause I’m planning to come back
    Play some honky-tonkin’ grief
    And Dixie Wailin’."

The World’s Oldest Fraggle’s leg twitched as the song increased in tempo. He gulped quietly; this wasn’t going to be good.

"Pick me up and lay me down
    And spread the news all over town
    And tell ‘em all to come
    Or they’ll be sorry.

"Pick me up and shake me twice
    I’m comin’ back from paradise
    This poor boy is here
    To live in glory."

Boober, seeing this from another cage gasped. "No, no, slow down! Stop! You’re messing it up! You’re ruining it!" he shouted.

"Boober, I’m sure the plan will still work," Cotterpin said.

"No, no, not the plan, the song! They’re ruining my song!" Boober said.

"When it’s time to say goodbye
    All my friends will sit and cry
    And they’ll watch the coffin
    Rockin’ ‘round and squirmin’.

"Then they’ll raise a mighty shout
    As my bones come marchin’ out
    And I raise myself and preach
    The final sermon."

That was the final bar World’s Oldest could take.

The surprisingly limber old Fraggle jumped to his feet and began to dance around the cage. He was fast for an old Fraggle, and blew away all of the others. The Fraggles cheered wildly as their old leader regained the consciousness he’d never lost.

"What the—Junior, that Fraggle isn’t dead! You were tryin’ to bamboozle me! Why I oughta—" Pa shouted.

Junior had been boiling this up inside long enough, it was time to serve the soup. "Not today, daddy!" Junior shouted. He grabbed the doors of two Fraggle cages on either side of him, and ripped them open.

Fraggles flooded the Gorg’s garden as they ran to the other cages to release their friends. "Hey, why’d we stop singin’?" World’s Oldest asked.

The Fraggles continued to sing the chorus of the song as Pa watched, dumbfounded, as Fraggles filled his world.

"Junior… what’d ya go an’ do that for?" Pa asked.

"The Fwaggles awe my fwiends daddy!" Junior shouted. "And now the Doozahs awe too! And I won’t let you keep d’em locked up, nuh uh, no way!"

"When the Earth begins to quake
    From the shakin’ at my wake
    I’ll be here and makin’ music
    Like a live one."

"Fraggles… Doozers… your friends? Junior, are you nuts? Fraggles and Doozers should be bowin’ down to us! Not bein’ our friends!"

"Well why not?" Junior asked. "D’ere’s nothin’ wong with Fwaggles and Doozahs! They’re just like you, and like me! Except smallah! We’ve got to learn to live togethah!"

Inside the castle, Ma screeched as Fraggles flooded in to release her cooking slaves, but the music and joyous singing of the Fraggles was too loud for her to be heard.

"Still our honky-tonkin’ grief
    Gives the angels sweet relief
    ‘Cause they know that
    Dixie Wailin’s still survivin’."

"So, um, ya wanna pay me now, or later?" Philo asked Gunge.

Gobo ran to the edge of the hole leading out to the garden ahead of the other Fraggles. He stared down at the mayhem below. "I don’t know what Perfect Harmony looks like," he said to himself, "but I doubt this is it."
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. The Count

Oh... :smirk:, how little you know of music's mysterious ways. Why, it comes to you like a mysterious and invisible... A mysterious and invisible... :coy: A mysterious an invisible what? I dunno, it was so mysterious and invisible, I didn't see it. Dixie Wailin', one of my FR songs. You done good chest of drawers. Now pick up the tempo and bring it home!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. Gold Demona

Gold Demona Active Member

Awesome! Awesome! Keep it up! ^^
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

<Finishes reading>

<Decides to glomp Prawnie>

<Falls asleep>

...<Wakes up>

<signs raincheck on glomp>

Also... Jerry's song... lump in throat, tears in eyes.

<goes back to sleep>
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. The Count

What? No "More Please!" from the beloved other half?
    Boober: The world's coming to an end! I just knew it!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  8. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

That was a really awesome twist on Marooned! I also dug how the "plan" went... :D
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  9. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

WOW! Two chapters? Be still my heart! The magic is just amazing and I loved Dixie Wailing and I don't have enough words to express how much I'm enjoying this story Prawnie. Just know that you've made a Fraggle fan very happy. :) Can't wait to read the next part.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  10. theprawncracker

Chapter 22

Doc wrestled with something sitting on his desk in the apartment. He seemed to be trying to pry it free of something with a screwdriver in his hand. At the side wall, Sprocket stood scratching around the large hole, whining.

"Sprocket old boy," Doc said to his dog, "you need to try and focus on something else. I’m sure the Fraggles will be fine and Gobo and the others will come back to tell us all about it as soon as they can."

Sprocket whimpered and stopped scratching at the wall. He looked around the cluttered apartment looking for something to do. With all of the random stuff Doc kept around surely Sprocket could find something to occupy his mind.

"Come on now," Doc said, "surely there’s something you can do, Sprocket. I, for instance, am attempting to sew a button on a fried egg while it’s stapled to my desk." Sprocket tilted his head and looked with a confused gaze at Doc. "No, I don’t know how it got stapled to the desk," Doc said.

Sprocket chuckled and stood up on two legs putting his front paws on Doc’s desk. Doc reached over and rustled his hand through Sprocket’s shaggy gray-white fur. "Oh Sprocket," Doc said, "I sure missed you while you were off running around. What were you and the Fraggles looking for, anyway?"

Sprocket scratched his head, trying to figure out how to communicate this to Doc. He began to pantomime traveling by marching around the apartment, and then pantomimed Fraggle by scrunching down on the floor and pointing at the hole in the wall.

"Ah ha, I see," Doc said. "Gobo’s uncle Traveling Matt was missing so you set off with the Fraggles to find him?"

Sprocket nodded happily and continued to pantomime his story. He pointed at Doc then pointed at a globe sitting on Doc’s desk and motioned toward the location of Doc’s old workshop.

"Our old home?" Doc asked. "There’s no way you could’ve gotten there in the time you were gone, Sprocket."

Sprocket shook his head and ran over to Doc’s garbage pail and began to rustle through it, finally pulling out a postcard near the bottom. Sprocket pretended to read over it.

"Oh I see, you heard about the old workshop in a postcard," Doc said. "What about it?"

Sprocket pointed to the Fraggle Hole again and then made a groaning, dying sound and wrapped his hands around his neck, pretending to choke.

"Ned Shimmelfinny has a Fraggle hole? What does that have to do with—"

Sprocket shook his head vigorously and waved his arms. Sprocket pointed to the Fraggle hole, then fell over and pulled a white lily out of nowhere and held it at his chest.

Doc rushed out of his chair. "You mean to tell me that someone at my old workshop is trying to kill off the Fraggles?"

Sprocket jumped up from the floor and nodded quickly. Doc looked around and grabbed the telephone on his desk. "I’ll call Ms. Ardath, Sprocket, she’ll want to know what’s going on," Doc said dialing in a number he knew all too well.

Doc put the phone to his ear and looked sternly at the wall. Then suddenly he fumbled with the phone to turn it off. Sprocket barked questioningly at Doc. "Well what if she doesn’t believe me Sprocket," Doc said. "It’s not like Fraggles are just walking up and down the sidewalks in town everyday!"

Sprocket frowned and glared at Doc. "Alright, well they were today—but that doesn’t count! I can’t possibly get Ms. Ardath to believe that furry little creatures that sing and dance and play games are living behind the walls of her Inn."

Sprocket glared at Doc again and started barking at him. "Oh, come on Sprocket, don’t do this to me," Doc said. "I don’t want to jeopardize my relationship with Ms. Ardath now."

Sprocket smirked and barked a retort. "Of course I have a relationship with Ms. Ardath," Doc said defensively.

Sprocket barked something back at Doc. "I am not afraid to talk to her over the phone, Sprocket," Doc said. "I just know she wouldn’t believe me."

"Mm-hm," Sprocket said, nodding sarcastically.

Doc’s face grew angry. "Fine!" he shouted, picking the phone back up and re-dialing the number. "Ms. Ardath? It’s Doc," he said into the phone. He cleared his throat. "Yes, it’s Jerome."

Sprocket chuckled to himself as Doc spoke to Ms. Ardath.

>< >< >< >< ><

Gobo couldn’t wait any longer, he ran out of Fraggle Rock and into the Gorg’s garden.

He pushed his way through waves of cheering and singing Fraggles, being careful not to step on any wandering Doozers.

Gobo’s target was at the center of the garden. The gargantuan brown mountain known as Junior Gorg stood there, an intimidating, ever-present force Gobo was finally ready to conquer.

The confusion of the moment may have been highest within the mind of young Gobo Fraggle, who hadn’t witnessed any of the previous events of the day and only knew that the Fraggles were, he thought, at war with the Gorgs.

And Junior was indeed a Gorg.

Gobo blew past Boober and Sidebottom as he ran towards Junior. "Hey, I think that was Gobo!" Boober said. "What’s Gobo doing here?"

Sidebottom shrugged. "I dunno, but it looks like he’s headed for the big lummox of a Gorg over there!" Sidebottom said.

"Oh I hope this doesn’t lead to another song," Boober said.

Gobo had no idea how he was going to get to the eye level with Junior Gorg, but he knew he had to somehow. He saw a rock sitting near Junior’s foot, and he took the opportunity when it presented itself. Gobo jumped off the side of the Rock, gaining enough altitude to make him able to grab the bottom of Junior’s heavy tan shirt.

Junior looked down at the almost unrecognizable feeling of something on his shirt. "Oh lookie there," Junior said happily. "It’s Gobo!"

Gobo did not look nearly as happy to see Junior as he climbed up the shirt and finally reached the collar. Gobo tightened his grip around Junior’s shirt collar and pushed himself up to eye-level with the massive Gorg by placing his legs into Junior’s chest.

Gobo stared right into the mammoth black pupils of Junior Gorg. Junior stared back at the significantly smaller black pupils of Gobo Fraggle.

"Is somet’ing wong, Gobo?" Junior asked innocently.

Gobo took a deep breath and prepared to speak to Junior. Whatever he said here had to be tactful and heartfelt and meaningful. He stared into Junior’s eyes again. The Fraggles and Doozers scattered around the garden had instantly silenced.

"Dance your cares away."

Junior blinked as Gobo spoke. "Whadaya mean?" he asked after a few seconds.

"You Gorgs need to quit taking out all your problems on we Fraggles," Gobo said. "Dance your cares away! Why don’t you just leave us alone?"

Junior blinked again. "But—but Gobo, d’at’s what I’m twyin’ to convince daddy to do!" Junior said.

Gobo’s face softened and his grip on Junior’s shirt collar loosened. "Y—you are?" Gobo asked.

"He sure is!" shouted the World’s Oldest Fraggle from the ground far below. "This big fella saved us all from these here cages!"

"He saved the Doozers too, Gobo," Cotterpin called up.

Gobo looked around as all of the Fraggles and all of the Doozers shouted agreements at Gobo. He saw Uncle Traveling Matt, Mokey, Wembley, Red, and Cantus join up with Boober and a Fraggle he recognized as Sidebottom along with a small Doozer family at their feet. "Oh," Gobo said, "sorry about that Junior."

Junior shrugged and smiled at Gobo. "Don’t wowwy about it pal," Junior said, putting an open palm at his chest, letting Gobo fall into it. "I know you mean well."

Gobo smiled back at the Gorg. "Yeah," Gobo said with a nod.

"Does that mean we’ve reached Perfect Harmony?" Mokey asked Cantus, diverting her attention away from Gobo and Junior for a moment.

Cantus looked around the garden. "Almost," he said. "We’re nearly there, but there are still a few minds left to be convinced."

"What?" Mokey asked. "Who? Whose mind needs to be convinced still?"

"Did someone call for convincin’?" asked Convincing John as he and the three Fragglettes popped up behind the group of Fraggles.

"Haven’t you helped enough?" Boober asked.

Cantus put a calming hand on Boober’s shoulder. "I’ll handle this young Fraggle," Cantus said.

Cantus turned to Convincing John and smiled a smile that penetrated the hard outer-shell of the rambling Fraggle. "John, did you really support this idea of war?" Cantus asked.

John’s eyes grew solemn as he spoke with Cantus, almost as if he’d taken off a mask. "No, not really old friend," John said. "But you know how I am," John said with a chuckle. "I can’t make my own decisions, so whenever someone comes to me with a decision they want made, I bite it hook, line, and sinker!"

Cantus smiled and patted Convincing John’s back. "I understand my friend," Cantus said. "Just try and have some better judgment next time, if a next time is granted to you."

"Wow," Wembley mumbled. "There’s something ya don’t see every day."

Cantus turned his attention to Wembley. "And as for you young wembler—"

"Me?" Wembley asked, frightened. "Wh-what about me?"

"You are no longer a young wembler," Cantus said. "You’ve made decisions today, decisions that may have saved us all."

Wembley shook his head. "No, no, not me," Wembley said.

"Yeah, Wembley will forever be a wembler," Boober said. "It’s in his name!"

"What’s in a name?" Cantus asked. "More importantly, what’s in your name?"

Boober frowned as Red and Sidebottom laughed hysterically.

Wembley blushed. "Aw," he said sheepishly. "Well—I didn’t really—Red helped," he said finally.

"Indeed she did," Cantus said. "Red Fraggle proved today that bravery is in all of us."

"Oh Red!" Mokey said happily, hugging her best friend.

Junior knelt down next to the group of Fraggles with Gobo still in his hand. "So who still needs to believe in Perfect Harmony, Cantus?" Gobo asked.

"Yes, yes, tell us Cantus," Traveling Matt said. "Who is it?"

The answer came as Pa Gorg burst through the castle doors grasping his blunderbuss in his hands. His eyes were wide as he looked helplessly around his precious domain. "Alright you Fraggles," he shouted, "your time has come!"

World’s Oldest Fraggle jumped to the center of the garden and pointed his stick at Pa. "We’re not goin’ anywhere!" World’s Oldest shouted. "I say it’s time we took care of you!"

"They are the two," Cantus said quietly, slipping away from the group of Fraggles whose eyes were glued on the situation that had just heated up.

Cantus turned around and walked calmly towards the home of Marjory the Trash Heap.

Philo and Gunge observed this from their place atop Fraggle Rock. "Where do ya t’ink he’s goin’?" Gunge asked.

"Who knows?" Philo asked. "Just pass me another radish, this is getting intense!"
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. TogetherAgain

...<falls over>

...Wow.

...<Ahem> <pats Doc's head> <and Sprocket's>

And... I will... comment more... when my headache goes away, and/or when I feel less stressed about upcoming papers.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  12. The Count

Ha-ha-ha! Crazy prawnio! :zany:
    Fantastico! Loves how Cantus addresses everybody individually... Hopes for more.

And hey, looks like you managed to solve the pesky "Size 2" issues plaguing the chapter headers.
    :smirk:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. Gold Demona

Gold Demona Active Member

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! And did I mention that it was awesome? :confused:
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  14. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Yep, Philo's right. This is getting intense! Why do I get the feeling those two are like the Statler and Waldorf of the rock?
    :smirk: You know, I thought for sure World's Oldest would be a tough nut to crack, so to speak. Then, even though I was a bit surprised at it, I thought he had come 'round when he and Junior were coming up with the plan, whether or not it worked. Turns out I was right the first time!

This is great as always. More please!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  15. redBoobergurl

I agree with Philo, this IS getting intense! I'm also chuckling along with Sprocket at Doc on the phone with Mrs. Ardath. I can only imagine how that conversation is going to go! Great stuff, can't wait to read more as usual!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. theprawncracker

Chapter 23

The hole at the end of Pa Gorg’s rusting blunderbuss stared right through the rebellion started by Junior and the Fraggles.

Ma quickly came up behind Pa carrying, valiantly, a rake in her right hand. She’d sacrificed her perfect hairdo to put a protective pot atop her head.

The World’s Oldest Fraggle stood firm opposite the two Gorgs. He held his cane bravely as he stared down the two mammoth creatures. "Make yer move, Gorgs!" he shouted.

"You first, Fraggle," Pa hissed.

"I said, you, ya ninny!" World’s Oldest shouted back.

"I’m not doin’ anything until you do," Pa said dumbly.

The rest of the Fraggles along with the Doozers watched on carefully.

"Good grief," Boober said, "can’t they agree about anything?"

"Yeah, they’re almost as complete opposites as we are, Boober," Sidebottom said.

Red nodded. "Yeah, but somehow you two still manage to live together," she said.

Traveling Matt looked at Sidebottom with a strange glance. "Is this your roommate, Boober Fraggle?" Matt asked.

Boober looked at Sidebottom who was giggling to himself beneath his big hat. "You have no idea," Boober said.

"There must be some way we can make those two get along," Gobo said to Junior, still sitting in his palm.

Junior scratched his furry brown head with his free hand. "Well, it sure doesn’t seem like daddy wants to be fwiends with you Fwaggles anytime soon."

Gobo nodded. "The World’s Oldest Fraggle is the same way about you Gorgs," he said.

"But you two came together to free the Fraggles," Mokey said to Junior. "Don’t you think the World’s Oldest has any sympathy for Perfect Harmony?"

"Well whatever the case," Cotterpin Doozer said from far below everyone else, "we need to do something quickly, look!" she said, pointing over at the heated argument between Pa and World’s Oldest.

"She’s right!" Traveling Matt declared boldly. "I, being the bravest Fraggle in, or out, of Fraggle Rock, will go and settle this once and for all."

Red scoffed to herself and Wembley nudged her to keep quiet.

Matt took a few brave steps towards the heated battle of words. His eyes couldn’t stop focusing on Pa’s stubby purple finger wrapped tightly around the blunderbuss. He gulped, and then laughed to himself, turning around quickly. "On second thought," he said, "nephew Gobo, you ought to be the one to do this," he said. "Erm, you can prove yourself as a true brave explorer!"

Gobo gulped. "Right," he said softly. "Put me down, eh?" he asked Junior.

Junior shook his massive head. "No way Gobo," he said. "I’m goin’ with you!"

"Junior, don’t be silly," Gobo said.

"He’s not being silly," Red spoke up, "’cause I’m comin’ with you too!"

"Me too!" Wembley shouted bravely.

"Count me in," Cotterpin said loudly.

"Me too," Flange Doozer said, his wife, Wingnut Doozer nodded in agreement.

"All of us Doozers are going with you," said the Architect Doozer proudly.

"You’ve got me convinced," Convincing John said, his three
    Fragglettes coming to his side instantly.

"I want to help too, Gobo," Large Marvin said.

"If Large Marvin’s going, you can bet I am too," Feeny said.

Boober cleared his throat. "Me too," he said with a shaken voice. "I guess."

"If Boober goes, well, then I have to go," Sidebottom said, laughing.

Traveling Matt watched as every Fraggle and every Doozer raised their hand and their voices in assistance to Gobo and Junior. His face practically screamed embarrassment.

Gobo looked down at his uncle after the Fraggles and Doozers had all rallied to Junior’s side. "Still think I should go alone Uncle Matt?" he asked with a smirk.

The head of every Fraggle, Doozer, and Junior Gorg turned to Traveling Matt. The valiant Fraggle explorer cleared his throat convincingly and let out a scoff of delight, "Ha! Of course not nephew Gobo," he said triumphantly, "I was just merely testing your people skills, and you’ve passed! I’ll of course be coming with you… along with all of the others I suppose." Traveling Matt waded through the crowds of Fraggles, trying not to step on any Doozers. "Though I may need a ride," he said, motioning in Junior’s direction.

Junior knelt down and held out his hand for Matt to climb on. Once the two Fraggles were set, Gobo looked around at his troupe of friends. "Alright guys," he said, "for Perfect Harmony!"

"Perfect Harmony!" shouted thousands of voices from the ground below.

>< >< >< >< ><

Doc smiled as he hung the phone up softly.

"Well Sprocket, Ms. Ardath said that she’d head over to the workshop right away," Doc said. Sprocket barked with delight. Doc nodded. "Yes, she said she never realized that there was an entire civilization living behind her walls. I told her that not many people do," he chuckled. "She got a kick out of that."

Sprocket rolled his eyes and shook his head. "But she’s going to bust the person trying to fumigate the Fraggles by telling him that she never authorized any fumigation on the premises," Doc said, "and she doesn’t even need to authorize fumigation!" Doc said excitedly. "She’s so clever."

Sprocket shook his head and then returned to his position in front of the Fraggle hole, barking the good news to Gobo and his friends, even if they couldn’t hear him.

Doc smiled and walked over to rub Sprocket’s head. "I’m sure everything will be fine now, Sprocket," Doc said.

>< >< >< >< ><

Pa was no longer staring down one angry old Fraggle.

He was now staring down hundreds of angry Fraggles, a countless amount of angry Doozers, and his angry son (who, by the way, was taller than him).

"Pa, ya gotta stop bein’ mean to the Fwaggles, what’d d’ey evah do to you?" Junior asked.

Pa grunted. "I’m not speakin’ to you," Pa said angrily, "ya traitor!"

"Your father means that in the nicest way, son," Ma told Junior.

Gobo took a stand, literally on Junior’s hand. "What do you Gorgs have against us Fraggles anyway?"

"Yeah," Boober said, "we may never stop singing and dancing and playing games, but other than that we’re a pretty tolerable group."

"You Fraggles are a nuisance to my land," Pa said, "yer always about runnin’ around and stealin’ my radishes!"

"That’s because we live on your radishes," Mokey chimed in. "Doozers mine your radishes from below to make the sticks to their Doozer towers, which we Fraggles eat."

Traveling Matt nodded. "It’s the circle of life, in a way," he said.

Pa scoffed. "Circle of life nothin’," he said. "The fact is that this is mah garden, not yours, and as the King of the Universe, I say you can’t be in it!"

"Oh yeah?" World’s Oldest asked, jumping out of the crowd. "And just who made you King of the Universe, anyway?"

Pa opened his mouth to retort, but nothing came out. He closed it and squinted, thinking about his answer. "Well now yer just callin’ our whole way of life into question!" he said eventually.

"We’re not asking you to change your way of life," Gobo said. "We just want you to quit trying to catch Fraggles—"

"—and Doozers!" shouted a group of Doozers from below.

"—and Doozers," Gobo agreed. "Can’t we all just live in—in—"

"Perfect Harmony!" Red shouted.

"Exactly," Gobo said.

"Perfect Harmony?" Pa asked. "What’re you Fraggles tryin’ to make me buy into?"

"They’ah not twying to twick you, Pa," Junior said to his father, "they just wanna be our fwiends!"

Junior’s comment was met with agreements from the Fraggles and Doozers at his feet. "We don’t mean any harm to you," Gobo said, "all we really want is a radish or two every once in awhile."

"Yeah," Red said, "and if ya ever want to play games, just give out a ‘Whoopie!’"

"A—and the Doozers can fix or build just about anything," Wembley said.

"It’s what we do," added Architect Doozer.

Ma pondered this from her post comfortably behind Pa. "I would love to learn a few exotic Fraggle recipes," she said finally.

"You cook?" Boober asked with a gasp of joy. "Cooking is only second to laundry in my life! Dear woman, I would be enthralled if you could teach me a few Gorgish spice tips!"

Ma blushed and waved her hand in Boober’s direction. "Oh Pa, let’s be friends with the Fraggles," she said giddily.

The Fraggles cheered wildly. "Friends—" Pa asked over the cheering. "W—with Fraggles? Ma, what’s gotten into ya?"

"Pretty soon it’ll be some homemade Fraggle radish dip and some of my famous rutabaga flambé!" said Boober with a grin.

"Not if I have anything to say about it!" Pa shouted, taking a step towards the group of Fraggles, his blunderbuss aimed at whichever one got in his way.

Boober ducked behind Mokey, who had taken a step towards the Gorg with Red and Wembley at her side. "Why can’t we just get along?" Wembley asked. "I mean, I’m not one to really make decisions," he said sheepishly, "but I’ve decided that being friends with Gorgs wouldn’t be that bad at all."

"And when Wembley makes a decision, ya know that it’s the right one," Red said with a stern look on her face.

"Then Wembley, tell me which one of you Fraggles I should take out first," Pa growled turning the nose of his blunderbuss to face Wembley’s protruding green nose.

Everyone gasped and Mokey and Red took a half-step back. Wembley began to shake slightly, but his face did not go soft. He looked the raving Gorg in the eyes and took a deep breath. "Me!" he said fearlessly.

Pa’s eyes turned from squinting anger to wide confusion. "Y—you?" he asked, completely perplexed.

"Yes, me," Wembley said, "I’m tired of seeing you push us around, so you may as well get rid of me first!" Wembley said, not moving from his firm stance. "I guess I don’t want to be around in a world where two people who have so much in common can’t see past their differences and be friends."

All eyes were focused on Wembley. The brave little Fraggle’s speech had brought tears to a few eyes. Gobo’s mouth was shut tightly as he watched his best friend stare down something Gobo himself found frightening.

Meanwhile, Junior’s free hand was tense and was wringing the bottom of his shirt in and out as he watched his stubborn father.

The World’s Oldest Fraggle no longer wanted to be involved in this war against Gorgs and silently resented ever bringing any of his Fraggle brothers and sisters out here to do participate. He realized now what Gobo and the others were trying to get across to him, he just hoped it didn’t cost him a friend in the process.

Suddenly, someone moved.

Mokey had grasped Wembley’s hand firmly within hers and held it tight. "You’ll have to take me with you, Wembley," she said. "I don’t want to be in that world either."

Wembley looked at Mokey with his mouth open, and suddenly felt someone grabbing his other hand. He looked over and saw Red staring angrily at Pa Gorg. "I don’t want to live in a world without Wembley or Mokey," she said, "so you can take me out of that world too."

Boober had gained enough courage to come out from behind Mokey and grabbed onto her hand. "The world’s gloomy enough as it is," he said, "I don’t see why you won’t make it a little bit brighter. Just take me too."

Sidebottom locked hands with Boober, Large Marvin with Red, Feeny with Large Marvin, Henchy with Sidebottom, World’s Oldest with Henchy, Murray the Minstrel with World’s Oldest, the rest of the Minstrels held onto Murray and each other, Rumple Fraggle grabbed Feeny’s hand, Storyteller Fraggle with Rumple, Uncle Matt hand jumped down and swiftly grabbed the Storyteller’s hand. Soon every Fraggle had locked hands with another and the Doozers had formed their own hand locking circle in front of the feet of the Fraggles.

Gobo jumped down from Junior’s hand and stood in the center of the two circles and turned to face Pa. "We just want to be your friends," Gobo said, smiling. "That’s all we’ve ever wanted."

Pa looked down at the Fraggles around him, he then looked at the Doozers, then at Ma, then at Junior, then at Wembley, and finally at Gobo. He dropped the blunderbuss and it fell with a thud in the silence.

Pa sniffed loudly. "That’s all I ever wanted too!" he cried, putting his hands to his eyes and starting to blubber like a baby.

The Fraggles watched as Pa cried, trying not to giggle.

Junior walked over and put his arm around his pa. "D’en it looks like all our pwoblems are solved," he said happily.

The Fraggles remained quiet, waiting. Gobo looked around at everyone. "Well," he said, "I guess there’s just one more thing to do."

Pa sniffed back his tears. "What’s that Fraggle?" he asked.

Gobo grinned. "We’re Fraggles," he said, "we only know one way to show our happiness."

Red ran forward and jumped into the air. "By dancing our cares away!" she shouted.

"And singing of course," Wembley added in.

Murray led the other Minstrels as they pulled out their various instruments. Murray began to strum on his guitar-like instrument and the Fraggles, Doozers, and Gorgs cheered.

Gobo picked up Cotterpin from the ground and put her on his shoulder as the little Doozer began to sing. "I felt so helpless, yes I felt so blue," she sang.
    "I never dreamed that I’d see eye to eye with you
    But hallelujah, we’ve made the whole thing new
    I’m gonna see eye to eye to eye with you."

The music picked up tempo and the Fraggles began to dance. Gobo laughed happily and took the next verse. "Eye to eye, while the sky is blue and blue," he sang.
    "Eye to eye, ‘cause I’m standin’ here with you!
    I feel so—I feel so happy, ‘cause the sun is shinin’ through!
    We’re gonna see eye to eye to eye with you
    You betcha!" he shouted.

"Eye to eye to eye with you!" all of the Fraggles sang.

"Nothin’ will be different, everything’s the same," Pa sang, doing a little dance.

"We’ll join together and play those good ol’ games," Junior added in, joining his pa in their happy dance.

"Yes, and when danger threatens, we’ll do what we always do," sang the World’s Oldest Fraggle.

"And we’ll see eye to eye to eye with you," everyone sang.
    "Eye to eye to eye with you!"

"Eye to eye," sang Red and Junior, "and the sky is blue and blue
    Eye to eye, ‘cause I’m standin’ here with you."

"I feel so happy, now the sun is shinin’ through," Wembley sang.
    "I’m gonna see—"

"Eye to eye to eye with you
    Eye to eye to eye with you."

"And now’s the glory, everything is new," Uncle Matt sang.
    "Nothin’ will be different—"

"The old ways still are true," Boober sang.
    "And we’re together, ya know we’ll make it through."

"And we’ll see eye to eye to eye with you," Mokey sang.

"Eye to eye to eye with you
    Eye to eye to eye with
    "

"You!" Pa Gorg shouted happily. He laughed a hearty belly laugh and patted Junior on the back. "Junior, these Fraggles are good!"

"I told you, Pa!" Junior said, laughing as well.

The Fraggles cheered again, hoisting each other and Doozers onto their shoulders, continuing to sing and dance around.

Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, and Red stood together and watched happily. "Well, we did it," Gobo said.

"Perfect Harmony," Mokey said with a happy sigh, "just how I thought it would look."

"Really?" Boober asked. "I think that everyone is too happy for it to be perfect."

"Oh c’mon Boober, ya old Doozer stick in the mud," Red said, "can’t you enjoy a little fun for once?"

"I know I can," Wembley said. "Wait… I know! I know things now!" he shouted happily, jumping up and down.

>< >< >< >< ><

Cantus and Marjory smiled at each other. Cantus, however, had a slight smirk to his smile. "I believe the bet was won on my part," he said.

Marjory muttered. "I don’t know how you did it," she said, "but somehow you knew they’d sing that song," she said. "I just don’t know how you did it."

Cantus chuckled. "And to think, you laughed when I told you I was going to become a minstrel."

"Yeah, yeah," Marjory said, "just don’t tell anyone d’at."

>< >< >< >< ><

"Well whadaya know," Philo said from atop the Rock.

"Yeah," Gunge said, "they actually did it."

Philo sighed happily. "Well… now what?"

"More singin’, I’m sure," Gunge said, rolling his eyes.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  17. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

OMG ... that was awesome! Love the song choice! Pa's sudden change of heart ... was interesting. LOL. Way to go!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  18. TogetherAgain

<GLOMP!>

<GLOMP OF GREAT GLOMPNESS!>

<GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMP!>

DUDE! I mean DUDE! I mean DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE! And at some points, I mean DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? ! ? (<Wages war against punctuation limits> :coy: )

Now where was I... Oh yes. DUDE! PERFECT HARMONY! ! ! ! ! ! ! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

And... Cantus, Marjory, bet... enough said. ...No, NOT enough said. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! <ahem> That's better.

PRAWNIE I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE THIS STORY AND YOU TOTALLY ROCK MY SOCKS OFF! MORE PLEASE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  19. redBoobergurl

Oh Wembley! He's my hero! I never expected to say that, but you've turned our little wembler into quite a brave soul! I love this story Prawnie, I give you BIG HUGE hugs for writing such a beautiful Fraggle fic. Must read more, I know you've got more!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  20. theprawncracker

((((HUGS)))) Beth! Thank you! I LOVED the last part I wrote for Wembley, and that was not at ALL planned out, it just came out when I was writing, I was very, very happy with it. And yes, there is indeed more to come, two more chapters in fact... so get ready! :D
    GopherCoffee likes this.