Fraggle Rock film in development

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've always felt cheated there was no Fraggle Movie before for 2 reasons:

1, Fraggle Rock probably would have gotten a MUCH bigger audience if they didn't have it on a cable channel, a premium one at that. The cartoon was all the exposure they got outside of cable (except for the videos). But as a poor kid like me, a movie would've been the way to go.

2, You notice how on Sesame Street, since they have a budget, the street looks kinda dead, and empty? But on FTB and even EIG the street is bigger, bustling, even a beauty to look at. Think of how big they could make Fraggle Rock with a bigger budget! Deeper, more realistic caves.... more fraggles.... more Doozers with more complex stick creations.... the possibilities are endless!

I'm wondering why no one said David Rudman when people said "who will be Junior." Dave has reprised a lot of Richard's roles. The second head of the Twoheaded monster, Sonny Friendly, and even Sweetums once on the Cosby Show. I think he could have made a pretty good Sweetums, even though his voice was higher pitched.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Lisa Henson made a small mention that this is in development at the MTR in LA. I'm very excited about this, and I hope they stay true to the original message in the series as well.

And I HOPE they don't go all hog-wild with new PEOPLE characters in outer-space and keep the focus solely on the Fraggle Five.

So, any speculation on the story plot?
They will almost without a doubt have a cute human kid in the story, Fozzie, it's the way of the times...

Elggarf

Reaction score
I think this is the single most amazing peice of news of the year. I suspect that many of us are completely unable to describe our joy.

In my opinion, if this movie has 1% of the joy, meaning, and symbolism of the fraggles it will be worth making. No matter how disapointing it is, I will be greatful for the effort.

I also have the deep rooted hope that the writers will include the main theme of the fraggles, and sit down to discuss the story with the question, "how do we write a film to end war?"

The themes of conflict resolution and cross-cultural understanding have to be combined with just an amazingly energetic love of life and a passionate expression of joy.

And personally, I would love to see the fraggles on TV again. If they could somehow make this film a transition story that would allow the start of a new show, that would be wonderful. Of course, that might mean introducing new fraggle characters to replace any of the main five muppeteers that would not want to return for another whole series, and I would respect that choice.

But for the most part, I am not worried. I have so much respect for everyone who made the old series. And I trust not only their own talents but their ability to find talent in others. I'm sure everyone who will be involved in making this film will put a peice of themself into it, and it'll show.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
They will almost without a doubt have a cute human kid in the story, Fozzie, it's the way of the times...
ugh. I hope not.

I look forward to something very cool, though.

MattFraggle

Reaction score
Look, if there IS a kid in the story, don't worry about it! You're already having doubts about this movie? It was just announced a few days ago! We should all be sending flowers and thank you cards to Henson for deciding to give the fraggles the big screen treatment!

Look guys, I find it very strange there's such a negative "kid" attitude here. People saying they don't want to see a movie if there's a kid in it? That's ridiculous! We were kids once. It was a kids show, which never talked down to us. If I didn't know any better, that would indicate a hatred for children.

Before you get all bent out of shape, try to remember how happy it made us when we were kids, and just think how happy it will make a whole NEW generation of kids.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I don't think I ever recorded my initial reaction to this project, so here it is:

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE DOOZER STICKS!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
If a movie is coming out then I need to watch the Fraggle Rock show, since I haven't seen the show in 15 or so.

ryan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
I don't think I ever recorded my initial reaction to this project, so here it is: PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE DOOZER STICKS!
David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
HA HA HA HA!! Funn-ee!

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
I think this really could be pulled off as a theatrically release. With the popularity of remakes of old shows for the big screen such as The Flintstones and Garfield, I think a Fraggle Rock movie would do really well. I know i'd go!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
CGI! *mwahahahahah*

Ok, I was kidding, don't mob me!!!