Fraggle Rock film in development

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Squig-

What Muppet event did you see Kathy Mullen and Michael Frith at? Did you get to meet them?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

AAO

Reaction score
Well, as a child from the 80's era and or "Fraggle" era, this is really cool! I can just see Red, Gobo, Wembley, Boober, & Mokey walking down a city street seeing and hearing the large city, having others look at them as they walk talking and discussing this "new" world. I think the film will do fairly well - and once it hits DVD or Video, it'll sell quickly, I'm sure!

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
beaker said:
Wow, we've been hit with a massive whammy of glorious news. This is literally some of th ebiggest news to hit Muppet Central in the 7 years I've been on here.

I cannot wait to go see MirrorMask next weekend, and now this, wow.

It may appear selling the Muppets to Disney was the smart thing to do, in that
a Fraggle Rock film, Dark Crystal sequel film, and Dark Crystal anime would never have been possible. But wow, this is just insanely glorious news. 2007 is going to be one heck of a film year, going up with Batman 2, Spiderman 3, Transformers, Ninja turtles, Battle Angel, and Indiana Jones 4:smile:

Last we saw Fraggle Rock they were under Fozzie Mom's house(or visiting Doc, or in the unaired cast party episode they are in Canada) so the imagination runs wild thinking what sort of Fraggle adventures are ins tore in the modern "outer space" world.
and smurfs

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
AAO said:
Well, as a child from the 80's era and or "Fraggle" era, this is really cool! I can just see Red, Gobo, Wembley, Boober, & Mokey walking down a city street seeing and hearing the large city, having others look at them as they walk talking and discussing this "new" world. I think the film will do fairly well - and once it hits DVD or Video, it'll sell quickly, I'm sure!
when where u born 86-87

AAO

Reaction score
I'm from the '87 era...Fraggles were still "dancin' their cares away.." - some episodes in syndication on HBO - but I still got to watch them - I even got to watch "Fraggle Rock - The Animated Series" - I liked it , but missed the puppets...

beaker

Reaction score
Allahandria said:
Hrm, but imaginging pregnant red or kinky fraggle sex just hurts my brain.
I'm still needing therapy from Floyd Pepper's revelations at Muppetfest.

EleganceLiberty said:
Gobo/Red? Ick... I dunno, that to me feels really... incestual.

Besides, can't a guy and girl be platonic friends without having to like, ya'know, be boyfriend/girlfriend? =/
Hey, ya think Fraggles just ,agically grow on trees? :smile:

Erine81981 said:
I can't wait. I'm going to explode with candy and strimmers and confetii all around. I would love to see this and if it happens I hope by that time I'll have a girlfriend and she can come and see it with me hoping she don't freak out becasue we're seeing a kids movie but with time maybe I'll find the right one. Come on Fraggle Five and get this done so we can see it SOON! :excited: :smirk:

(PS they better have some good new and old songs in this movie and I want them to do some cool merindice for this movie too)
Hey, I hear you dude; I hope by 2007 I have a girlfriend as well! (and I will be 29!)

lowercasegods

Reaction score
beaker said:
Wow, we've been hit with a massive whammy of glorious news. This is literally some of th ebiggest news to hit Muppet Central in the 7 years I've been on here.

I cannot wait to go see MirrorMask next weekend, and now this, wow.

It may appear selling the Muppets to Disney was the smart thing to do, in that
a Fraggle Rock film, Dark Crystal sequel film, and Dark Crystal anime would never have been possible. But wow, this is just insanely glorious news. 2007 is going to be one heck of a film year, going up with Batman 2, Spiderman 3, Transformers, Ninja turtles, Battle Angel, and Indiana Jones 4:smile:

Last we saw Fraggle Rock they were under Fozzie Mom's house(or visiting Doc, or in the unaired cast party episode they are in Canada) so the imagination runs wild thinking what sort of Fraggle adventures are ins tore in the modern "outer space" world.
Well, I certainly agree that the possibility of a Fraggle Rock movie is the best Muppets news in a good long while, but I'm not sure I agree that the Disney aquisition of the Muppets should be given credit for great things happening in the Brian Henson camp. The Henson's had all these great characters to play with before, and they've got them to play with now, regardless of Disney's intervention. Now, were you to say, "Yay! We're gonna see more Kermit and Piggy on TV and in movies," then sure, giving props to Disney makes sense, since they're the one's making it happen. As for me I'm most excited about the Fraggle Rock movie because the Fraggles, which I consider to be the purest and most untainted Muppet concept, have been kept mercifully free of the Disney Grasp, and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of magic the Henson's still have up their sleeves.