Fraggle Rock film in development

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
So who does everyone think would be a good replacement for Junior Gorg and Gunge? I vote for Matt Vogel for Junior Gorg, and Joey Mazzarino as Gunge.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MattFraggle said:
I'm a screenwriter and former professional animation artist and I would do anything to get involved with the production of this film!! ( I have ten years of animation experience in story, working for studios like dreamworks and cartoon network.) Yup, this is my unofficial application! Since I don't know exactly who is involved...and it takes MONTHS to get in contact with any Hollywood production.
Have you written scripts for any movies that have been released? What about for television? Have you ever thought about trying to get hired for The Muppets or Sesame Street?

MattFraggle

Reaction score
Oh, I've written a number of scripts over the years. ( my experience lies mostly in doing storyboards for places like Dreamworks, the old turner feature animation, Simpsons, little bit of Family guy, Nickelodeon...a bunch of stuff. )

I lost most of my scripts when my dadgum laptop crashed. (ironically, I was trying to save my files at the time to disk) There's nothing harder than trying to re-write a 120+page movie script you've already written :}

If Henson asked to see samples of my work, I would LOVE to give it to them.
Tragically, despite my experience in the entertainment industry, I doubt I would get the job. Screenwriting is a TERRIBLY tough business to get into. You have to write a JILLION-dollar record breaking movie before a producer will see you as anything but "an aspiring writer". In my case, I'm "just an artist".

A dream project like this comes along, and you'd KILL just to get a chance to work on it. That's why i'm going out of my way to try and get on the production. Somehow.

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
WHAT?! A Fraggle Rock movie?! Is everybody on board yet? From what I've seen Kathyrn Mullen is missing, I don't know going into outerspace? Can you imagine? That would be so funny. I'll be there on opening day, and what about Doc? Mr. Parks is getting up in age ... but I still Can't wait! :excited:

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I got thinking instead of Doc in this movie. They should have the old hole to outerspace and have a family living there in a house. They could explain that Doc's old Worskshop was torn down and a brand new house was built in its place. I think it'd be pretty cool. This might mean they don't have Sprocket around, but mabye this new Family could have another Muppet Dog or better yet, a Muppet Cat, who hates the Fraggles.

Squigiman

Reaction score
I think this could be one of the greatest things ever. It could also go terribly afoul. For some reason, I have greater confidence for the former than any "classic" Muppet project. I think there's a certain respect for the Fraggles, and they wouldn't suffer the dumbing down and cheapening that belies the core group.

Some important things, though, all five must take part, even if Jerry just dubs the Gobo voice. If he doesn't do that, it's pointless. Also, Jerry Juhl and all other creatives involved in the show's formation need to be a primary concern. He helped create these characters, and cannot be cast aside.

Another important note, I think, is that characters of Jim's and Richard's should be worked around and not recast. Not a big problem, as they were mainly secondary or only recurring. Gorgs and Heap and friends can be fit in, but no Junior. Gorg College sounded like a cute idea fitting of the sensibilities. Let's mainly focus on the core five, and also get some nice Sprocket in there. I am sorta surprised I've seen no mention of Doozers, either.

Anyways, Muppet characters curiously exploring the human world is the stuff that good Muppet movies are made of. Not retellings of old stories, not cheap, crude jokes. This could easily become an old-school feeling, super-enjoyable, and very meaningful movie. Jim concieved it to head towards world peace, and a full-length theatrical film could tell a marvelous story with a great message, and be really poinient in these crazy, paranoid times. Let's just not throw in a token Baretta-voiced new sidekick character to make lowbrow jokes and pop-culture references.

-Squigiman

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
YEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAA!!!!! LOOOOVE THEEEM FRAAAGGGLLLLLLES!!!!

Celebrating aside, what a KILLER IDEA!!!!

BJ

BEAR

Reaction score
How perfect is this? I am so excited! With everything that has been going on in our world, we need the Fraggles back now more than ever! :excited: