1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle Rock film in development

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by King Prawn, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I've always felt cheated there was no Fraggle Movie before for 2 reasons:

1, Fraggle Rock probably would have gotten a MUCH bigger audience if they didn't have it on a cable channel, a premium one at that. The cartoon was all the exposure they got outside of cable (except for the videos). But as a poor kid like me, a movie would've been the way to go.

2, You notice how on Sesame Street, since they have a budget, the street looks kinda dead, and empty? But on FTB and even EIG the street is bigger, bustling, even a beauty to look at. Think of how big they could make Fraggle Rock with a bigger budget! Deeper, more realistic caves.... more fraggles.... more Doozers with more complex stick creations.... the possibilities are endless!

I'm wondering why no one said David Rudman when people said "who will be Junior." Dave has reprised a lot of Richard's roles. The second head of the Twoheaded monster, Sonny Friendly, and even Sweetums once on the Cosby Show. I think he could have made a pretty good Sweetums, even though his voice was higher pitched.
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

They will almost without a doubt have a cute human kid in the story, Fozzie, it's the way of the times...
  3. Elggarf

Elggarf New Member

I think this is the single most amazing peice of news of the year. I suspect that many of us are completely unable to describe our joy.

In my opinion, if this movie has 1% of the joy, meaning, and symbolism of the fraggles it will be worth making. No matter how disapointing it is, I will be greatful for the effort.

I also have the deep rooted hope that the writers will include the main theme of the fraggles, and sit down to discuss the story with the question, "how do we write a film to end war?"

The themes of conflict resolution and cross-cultural understanding have to be combined with just an amazingly energetic love of life and a passionate expression of joy.

And personally, I would love to see the fraggles on TV again. If they could somehow make this film a transition story that would allow the start of a new show, that would be wonderful. Of course, that might mean introducing new fraggle characters to replace any of the main five muppeteers that would not want to return for another whole series, and I would respect that choice.

But for the most part, I am not worried. I have so much respect for everyone who made the old series. And I trust not only their own talents but their ability to find talent in others. I'm sure everyone who will be involved in making this film will put a peice of themself into it, and it'll show.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

ugh. I hope not.

I look forward to something very cool, though.
  5. MattFraggle

MattFraggle New Member

Look, if there IS a kid in the story, don't worry about it! You're already having doubts about this movie? It was just announced a few days ago! We should all be sending flowers and thank you cards to Henson for deciding to give the fraggles the big screen treatment!

Look guys, I find it very strange there's such a negative "kid" attitude here. People saying they don't want to see a movie if there's a kid in it? That's ridiculous! We were kids once. It was a kids show, which never talked down to us. If I didn't know any better, that would indicate a hatred for children.

Before you get all bent out of shape, try to remember how happy it made us when we were kids, and just think how happy it will make a whole NEW generation of kids.
  6. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

I don't think I ever recorded my initial reaction to this project, so here it is:

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE DOOZER STICKS!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  7. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

If a movie is coming out then I need to watch the Fraggle Rock show, since I haven't seen the show in 15 or so.

ryan
  8. Fozzie Bear

HA HA HA HA!! Funn-ee!
  9. I think this really could be pulled off as a theatrically release. With the popularity of remakes of old shows for the big screen such as The Flintstones and Garfield, I think a Fraggle Rock movie would do really well. I know i'd go!!
  10. Beauregard

CGI! *mwahahahahah*

Ok, I was kidding, don't mob me!!!
  11. Fozzie Bear

Everybody dog-pile on top of Beau!! :)
  12. Beauregard

I think Dog Piles should stay in their own thread, firmly shut behind sound proof doors...don't you? Maybe in the thread next to Winne Their Pooh.
  13. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

14. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

When you say projects they have messed up are you referring to MFS and KSY or do you feel there have bben other mistakes made along the way?
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I wonder how Jerry Juhl's passing would affect this project. Hopefully not by much, though the writing wouldn't be the same.
  16. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Though it wouldn't have the exact same feel as it would if Jerry Juhl was still here, there are still other wonderful collaborators from the original Fraggle writing team that will ensure the same spirit it was meant to have. They will keep in mind what Jerry (as well as Jim Henson) would have done. I don't think we have anything to worry about. As far as I'm concerned, this is still his film too. :excited:
  17. Fozzie Bear

I'm hoping that IF Jerry Juhl was even involved that there are some works of his left behind. Then again, who's to say that a FR Movie Script written by him wasn't created way back when the series ended? We don't know what there is on record or on file, and the very movie they shoot might end up having been from a script he penned! Time will tell, but if nothing else they have the whole series to look back to and write a new story from. By that, he is still involved.
  18. Fraggleforever

Fraggleforever New Member

I was really surprised about the news. A Fraggle Rock movie? Was I dreaming? No, I wasn't! But a thought quickly ran through my mind. Will this movie be 20 years too late? I mean, movie audiences have different expectations for movies than they did 20 years ago. Even kids do. But when this baby hits, get ready to sing "Dance your cares away, worries for another day, let the music play, down at Fraggle Rock!" Another note, I really hope that Jerry Nelson will perform Gobo. I have no doubt that he will.
  19. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I am sure they will have no big problem bringing back all the still living performers from the original show. The only recasting I guess would be Jim Henson and Richard Hunt characters. Since their characters were fairly secondary they probably won't even appear in the film all that much anyway. Junior Gorg might be the exception, but I think David Rudman would be perfect to take it on. He could perform the little guy that hangs out with Trash Heap too. Phil and Gunge kind of remind me of when Rudman and Joey Mazzarino played Davey and Joey Monkey on Sesame Street. Both characters sound a lot like Rudman's Sesame characters. Plus, since they are smaller parts, it wouldn't take away too much from his Sesame Street responsibilities.
  20. alexgeyerx

alexgeyerx New Member

Fraggels!!!

This is a brilliant idea as long as they dont screw it up. I would like to see alot of Boober! And an apperence by the fun loveing Sidebottom! I think Doc and Sprockette shuld'nt be in the film they cant replace Doc.... But I do think the gorgs and trasheap shuld be in it. I think the trash heap shuld be the one to send them off that wouls be kool... but I would like to see more fraggles the the Fraggle Five altho i love them dearly lol...
    So Jim Henson productions.... DONT MESS THIS UP OR YOUR GUNNA HAVE ALOT OF ANGRY FRAGGLE FANS ON YOU HANDS!! lol:p

:smirk: :excited:
    fraggles.... MUAHAHHAHAHA