1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rock film in development

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by King Prawn, Sep 20, 2005.

1. BooberFraggless

BooberFraggless New Member

So who does everyone think would be a good replacement for Junior Gorg and Gunge? I vote for Matt Vogel for Junior Gorg, and Joey Mazzarino as Gunge.
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Have you written scripts for any movies that have been released? What about for television? Have you ever thought about trying to get hired for The Muppets or Sesame Street?
  3. MattFraggle

MattFraggle New Member

Oh, I've written a number of scripts over the years. ( my experience lies mostly in doing storyboards for places like Dreamworks, the old turner feature animation, Simpsons, little bit of Family guy, Nickelodeon...a bunch of stuff. )

I lost most of my scripts when my dadgum laptop crashed. (ironically, I was trying to save my files at the time to disk) There's nothing harder than trying to re-write a 120+page movie script you've already written :}

If Henson asked to see samples of my work, I would LOVE to give it to them.
    Tragically, despite my experience in the entertainment industry, I doubt I would get the job. Screenwriting is a TERRIBLY tough business to get into. You have to write a JILLION-dollar record breaking movie before a producer will see you as anything but "an aspiring writer". In my case, I'm "just an artist".

A dream project like this comes along, and you'd KILL just to get a chance to work on it. That's why i'm going out of my way to try and get on the production. Somehow.
  4. WHAT?! A Fraggle Rock movie?! Is everybody on board yet? From what I've seen Kathyrn Mullen is missing, I don't know going into outerspace? Can you imagine? That would be so funny. I'll be there on opening day, and what about Doc? Mr. Parks is getting up in age ... but I still Can't wait! :excited:
  5. BooberFraggless

BooberFraggless New Member

I got thinking instead of Doc in this movie. They should have the old hole to outerspace and have a family living there in a house. They could explain that Doc's old Worskshop was torn down and a brand new house was built in its place. I think it'd be pretty cool. This might mean they don't have Sprocket around, but mabye this new Family could have another Muppet Dog or better yet, a Muppet Cat, who hates the Fraggles.
  6. Squigiman

Squigiman Active Member

I think this could be one of the greatest things ever. It could also go terribly afoul. For some reason, I have greater confidence for the former than any "classic" Muppet project. I think there's a certain respect for the Fraggles, and they wouldn't suffer the dumbing down and cheapening that belies the core group.

Some important things, though, all five must take part, even if Jerry just dubs the Gobo voice. If he doesn't do that, it's pointless. Also, Jerry Juhl and all other creatives involved in the show's formation need to be a primary concern. He helped create these characters, and cannot be cast aside.

Another important note, I think, is that characters of Jim's and Richard's should be worked around and not recast. Not a big problem, as they were mainly secondary or only recurring. Gorgs and Heap and friends can be fit in, but no Junior. Gorg College sounded like a cute idea fitting of the sensibilities. Let's mainly focus on the core five, and also get some nice Sprocket in there. I am sorta surprised I've seen no mention of Doozers, either.

Anyways, Muppet characters curiously exploring the human world is the stuff that good Muppet movies are made of. Not retellings of old stories, not cheap, crude jokes. This could easily become an old-school feeling, super-enjoyable, and very meaningful movie. Jim concieved it to head towards world peace, and a full-length theatrical film could tell a marvelous story with a great message, and be really poinient in these crazy, paranoid times. Let's just not throw in a token Baretta-voiced new sidekick character to make lowbrow jokes and pop-culture references.

-Squigiman
  7. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

YEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAA!!!!! LOOOOVE THEEEM FRAAAGGGLLLLLLES!!!!

Celebrating aside, what a KILLER IDEA!!!!

BJ
  8. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

How perfect is this? I am so excited! With everything that has been going on in our world, we need the Fraggles back now more than ever! :excited:
  9. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

10. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

I can't wait for the movie!! :excited:
  11. Sylinde Bren

Sylinde Bren Member

I second that, wholeheartedly!
  12. EleganceLiberty

EleganceLiberty New Member

I was just thinking how cool it would be if Sidebottom got Boober to mess with a Dance Dance Revolution machine in an arcade.

... I'm a video gamer, what do you expect? XP
  13. luvtosr

luvtosr New Member

I was just thinking 'I hope there's a Sidebottom cameo at least' I doubt we will but it would be excellent - Boober in Outer Space with the added problem of Sidebottom on the loose!
  14. Squigiman

Squigiman Active Member

I forgot to mention this in my other post, but when I saw Kathy Mullen and Michael Frith at that big Muppet event last November, she had a miniature Mokey with her, from the episode where she shrinks. I also thought I remembered talk of the puppets actually holding up, which contradicts what I'd heard, probably based around Karen's improvised hat during her MuppetFest appearance. So, anyways, my main point is that I'm surprised she wasn't in the new stuff on the season DVD, and I'm also confident she'd want to be involved in this film.

-Squigiman
  15. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

* Faints *

I can't believe this!!!!!! :excited: :smirk:

Nick
  16. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I feel so unworthy of such a thing but I'd work on anything fraggle-related in mere seconds. I still can't believe this thread exists..... FINALLY! It's like a dream.

Hey! I draw fraggles too! See? http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/11785886/

Ooops! Those aren't fraggles! Heh heh. Here's Gobo. He's kinda stylised cuz I drew him just outta my head. http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9899484/ His eyes aren't on right either. Eep.

Nick
  17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Wow, we've been hit with a massive whammy of glorious news. This is literally some of th ebiggest news to hit Muppet Central in the 7 years I've been on here.

I cannot wait to go see MirrorMask next weekend, and now this, wow.

It may appear selling the Muppets to Disney was the smart thing to do, in that
    a Fraggle Rock film, Dark Crystal sequel film, and Dark Crystal anime would never have been possible. But wow, this is just insanely glorious news. 2007 is going to be one heck of a film year, going up with Batman 2, Spiderman 3, Transformers, Ninja turtles, Battle Angel, and Indiana Jones 4:)

Last we saw Fraggle Rock they were under Fozzie Mom's house(or visiting Doc, or in the unaired cast party episode they are in Canada) so the imagination runs wild thinking what sort of Fraggle adventures are ins tore in the modern "outer space" world.
  18. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Wow, Ninja Turtles? Really?! Cartoon, or animatronics like last time. The ninja turtles ROCK.
  19. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

A slightly edgier all cgi film. The idea of a gritty cgi TMNT film first sprung up in 2001 when John Woo was spose to direct, but now the new film is definately a go:

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=8982
  20. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Too bad there's pretty much no info, but that's awesome. ^_^
    What's also too bad is that last time I checked, there are no showing of Mirrormask in my country, let alone my area.
    But i'm derailing the thread.