1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle Rock film in development

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by King Prawn, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Squig-

What Muppet event did you see Kathy Mullen and Michael Frith at? Did you get to meet them?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  2. AAO

AAO Member

Well, as a child from the 80's era and or "Fraggle" era, this is really cool! I can just see Red, Gobo, Wembley, Boober, & Mokey walking down a city street seeing and hearing the large city, having others look at them as they walk talking and discussing this "new" world. I think the film will do fairly well - and once it hits DVD or Video, it'll sell quickly, I'm sure!
  3. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

and smurfs
  4. Kimp the Shrimp

when where u born 86-87
  5. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

What do you mean? :confused:
  6. Kimp the Shrimp

Smurfs CGI Movie 2007
  7. Kimp the Shrimp

8. AAO

AAO Member

I'm from the '87 era...Fraggles were still "dancin' their cares away.." - some episodes in syndication on HBO - but I still got to watch them - I even got to watch "Fraggle Rock - The Animated Series" - I liked it , but missed the puppets...
  9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I'm still needing therapy from Floyd Pepper's revelations at Muppetfest.

Hey, ya think Fraggles just ,agically grow on trees? :)

Hey, I hear you dude; I hope by 2007 I have a girlfriend as well! (and I will be 29!)
  10. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Well, I certainly agree that the possibility of a Fraggle Rock movie is the best Muppets news in a good long while, but I'm not sure I agree that the Disney aquisition of the Muppets should be given credit for great things happening in the Brian Henson camp. The Henson's had all these great characters to play with before, and they've got them to play with now, regardless of Disney's intervention. Now, were you to say, "Yay! We're gonna see more Kermit and Piggy on TV and in movies," then sure, giving props to Disney makes sense, since they're the one's making it happen. As for me I'm most excited about the Fraggle Rock movie because the Fraggles, which I consider to be the purest and most untainted Muppet concept, have been kept mercifully free of the Disney Grasp, and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of magic the Henson's still have up their sleeves.
  11. Xela

Xela New Member

...That would be...SO funny! I cracked up while reading that, actually! As a fellow video gamer, and as someone who likes Boober...I think that would be hilarious! :D
  12. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I thought that the fraggles last appeared in The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. I haven't actually seen that special, so it's possible that they only appeared in clips from the show, but even if that is the case, Gobo, Mokey, Wembly, and Red were all present at Jim Hensons memorial service.
  13. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

I think I'd actually push for Bill Barretta for Junior Gorg, but I'm sure other people have already mentioned that already.
  14. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I think it should be David Rudman because he can do that goofy baby voice, like Baby Bear.
  15. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

What's this about a cast party? :confused:

And the fraggles were always in Canada. Gobo's tuques and accent prove it. How do you think we canucks got so cool?
  16. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Y'know, I actually hope that they shoot the enitrety of the Fraggle Rock movie in Toronto. Canada truly is the home of the Fraggles, and I think they need to preserve that connection.
  17. Wembley

Wembley Member

Well, I think in the Fraggle timeline, the Fraggles visited Fozzie's Mom's house before the final three episodes - the reason is that when the Fraggles visit the house, Doc asks Sprocket "Are those the fraggles you keep telling me about?"

At least, that's what I think....

-Rick "Wembley" Miller
    ...You can NOT leave the magic!

18. Kimp the Shrimp

I Loved the Fraglles on the CBC thats how i saw them didn't have HBO
  19. dollynibble

dollynibble New Member

ooooooo!!! fragglit film at last!!! hehe

:eek: EEEELLOOO MEME ..Oh yeah this is great news, thanx!...I can hardly wait!...the doozers are coming back with their little trucks and chewy buildings!......

Deana xx
  20. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Lisa Henson made a small mention that this is in development at the MTR in LA. I'm very excited about this, and I hope they stay true to the original message in the series as well.

And I HOPE they don't go all hog-wild with new PEOPLE characters in outer-space and keep the focus solely on the Fraggle Five.

So, any speculation on the story plot?