Fraggle Rock film in development

MattFraggle

Reaction score
I'm a screenwriter and former professional animation artist and I would do anything to get involved with the production of this film!! ( I have ten years of animation experience in story, working for studios like dreamworks and cartoon network.) Yup, this is my unofficial application! Since I don't know exactly who is involved...and it takes MONTHS to get in contact with any Hollywood production.

Please God, if Jerry Juhl, or anyone involved with the production is reading this...hire me! I want to work on this film sooooooooooo bad... I'm a fan as well as a professional *beg beg beg pine pine beg*

beerbeastredux@yahoo.com ( click the link! I draw fraggles! )

http://metacritter.org/imagehost/RedFraggle.jpg

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Allahandria
Hrm, but imaginging pregnant red or kinky fraggle sex just hurts my brain.

that went too far

I'm a screenwriter and former professional animation artist and I would do anything to get involved with the production of this film!! ( I have ten years of animation experience in story, working for studios like dreamworks and cartoon network.) Yup, this is my unofficial application! Since I don't know exactly who is involved...and it takes MONTHS to get in contact with any Hollywood production.

Please God, if Jerry Juhl, or anyone involved with the production is reading this...hire me! I want to work on this film sooooooooooo bad... I'm a fan as well as a professional *beg beg beg pine pine beg*
i'd post a thread that stats that you are intrested

MattFraggle

Reaction score
Oh yeah. I'd start a thread to try and get JHP attention, but that's generally not how things are done in Hollywood. They rarely pay attention to fan sites, and if they do, with a cautious eye. otherwise, they could get deluged by rabid fans. ( like myself )

The only reason I decided to submit that nerdy, fanboy-ish post, is because I'm genuainly interested ( and qualified ) to work in film. I had already started a FRAGGLE ROCK screenplay...ironically, just a few days before the news about the movie hit. I was planning to pitch my screenplay on a whim, sometime in the future, but more than likely, Jerry Juhl or some of the original writers will be brought back in to write the script. It only makes sense. Their writing was part of what made the show so appealing.

So if I don't have a chance to write a screenplay, I could do storyboard or concept art. Also, I'm almost done learning MAYA, the high end computer graphics software used bymost Hollywood studios. I would imagine JHP plan to use CG effects in association with the puppets. ( and I hope those effects blend seamlessly, and don't overshadow the puppets. Using them sparingly would be key. ) And keeping a well crafted story that draws on the series past magic. Story is always king.

One of the tidbits of my story,(which also involved the Fraggles going into outer space ) involved Red discovering a water park, and having to be dragged screaming away from it. As well as the fraggles discovering a gigantic trash dump, and thinking they had found the most powerful oracle in the universe. Those were just early ideas...thrown into a bag of possible story segments.

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
MattFraggle said:
One of the tidbits of my story,(which also involved the Fraggles going into outer space ) involved Red discovering a water park, and having to be dragged screaming away from it.
That is a genius idea! I can picture that scene in my head so vividly, and start giggling. She'd love a water park; she'd probably think she died and went to heaven. :wink:

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Best Muppet news I've heard since Brian Henson bought back the Muppets from that German company!

MattFraggle

Reaction score
The first story concept of my screenplay was Gobo leaving the rock to search for his long lost parents, who were explorers like traveling Matt, and never returned from outer space. ( Gobo once referred to them in song ) And the others accompany him on his quest. A bit generic, but it was the first thing to pop into my head.

MattFraggle

Reaction score
Sylinde Bren said:
That is a genius idea! I can picture that scene in my head so vividly, and start giggling. She'd love a water park; she'd probably think she died and went to heaven. :wink:
Thanks Sylinde! I'm glad you like the idea! There's plenty more where that came from.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
This is awesome!!!!!!! Who said that the fraggles and the muppets were dead franchises? It has to be a theatrical release. It just has to! :excited:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
If Jerry Juhl and Jocelyn Stevenson are working on the screenplay then I think we can rest easy.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

luvtosr

Reaction score
I just read that Beau would want Boober to have a lesser part. I think that's unfair. I am a lifelong Boober fan and actually I don't care too much for Gobo and Red so I think it would be best if the fraggles had roughly equal parts to try to keep everybody happy, though Gobo probably will have a slightly better role - as ever.

But I do agree - lots of Sprocket ain't gonna hurt the picture one bit.