Fraggle Rock on "I Love the 80's Strikes Back"

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I really like these shows, and they seem to treat the Muppets respectfully enough. There's some irreverence, of course, but that's just part of the package. What bugs me is the fact that I'm old enough to watch these shows and

a) remember almost everything they're talking about
b) complain that things today aren't as cool as they used to be

What is that?!? If I'm old enough to remember the decade I grew up in as a distinct period rather than just take it all for granted as my reality, then there's something wrong!!

:grouchy:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Cool!! :big_grin: What magazine was that?
Erin
Maxim. Dunno what the status will be, heck if I don't get them the pictures they may just not do the article. I don't know if it's a feature deal or if it's part of an overall article or what.

BTW: They didn't mention nothing in the 80's Strikes Back about Ghostbusters OR Blues Brothers that I saw. :frown: :mad:

Erine81981

Reaction score
They did in the 1980 one. They talked about the movie. If u keep watching they may show it again. Just keep a watch out for it. Oh and GhostBusters were in the other I love the 80's when it came on a few months ago. Hope this helps. Thanks and have a good day.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
They did in the 1980 one. They talked about the movie. If u keep watching they may show it again. Just keep a watch out for it. Oh and GhostBusters were in the other I love the 80's when it came on a few months ago. Hope this helps. Thanks and have a good day.
Yes I saw the Blues Brothers, oh they mentioned Who Framed Roger Rabbit, which everyone had good stuff to say about it, execpt it seemed they hadn't seen the flim in a while as they really didn't know names of the other chracters and then there were just a few bad Roger impersonations, they mentioned Howard the Duck, and Pee Wee's Play house! Of Course many people hate Howard. anyone know if Little Shop of Horrors or Short Curcuit was mentioned? I bet Germilns was seeing as they have had Zach Gallager talk on the show. I guess I shouldn't be hoping for All Dogs go to Heaven pop up in 1989...oh well,
;-) you'd think they would have done Muppet Babies? it's nice and better that the real Muppets have be mentioned.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Though I'd tend to disagree, Mokey is sort of Hippie-like...\

Of course, I wouldn't take Untalented as Folk actors seriously. After all, which one of them will be remembered years from now, especially in plushy form... :smirk: :excited:
Awww. I enjoy QAF and the actors. Sparks is funny and has been equally irreverent to every bit of pop culture they discuss on the 80s program. That's really what the show is all about in the first place. The Muppets have always had a sense of humor about themselves and I don't see that any line was crossed. It's great that they were mentioned. Wish they had gone more in depth, but they had to cover so much.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, back to MUSCLE... I mentioned them to someone in class.

He said, if memory serves, "They've gone up to 1989, and they still didn't talk about them."

He was dissappointed.

But someone besides me remembers them... wow! :zany:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
Yes I saw the Blues Brothers, oh they mentioned Who Framed Roger Rabbit, which everyone had good stuff to say about it, execpt it seemed they hadn't seen the flim in a while as they really didn't know names of the other chracters and then there were just a few bad Roger impersonations, they mentioned Howard the Duck, and Pee Wee's Play house! Of Course many people hate Howard. anyone know if Little Shop of Horrors or Short Curcuit was mentioned? I bet Germilns was seeing as they have had Zach Gallager talk on the show. I guess I shouldn't be hoping for All Dogs go to Heaven pop up in 1989...oh well,
;-) you'd think they would have done Muppet Babies? it's nice and better that the real Muppets have be mentioned.

I LOVE "Short Circuit!" One of my all-time favorite movies. :big_grin:
Erin

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Zacks right! They should have made mention of Little Shop! It was a whole new kind of movie when they made it. Groundbreaking.

mango936

Reaction score
muscle men

you're not the only ones to remember M.U.S.C.L.E!! i still have my original figures from back in the 80s. too bad i can't remember the names of the guys. they started out with the pink figures and then came out with different colored ones (bright green, dark purple, blue).

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yeah I'm A little shop fan,( as well as Short Curcuit) the dvd is really cool if anyone hasn't picked it up yet! Darn them for taking out the orignal endding as an extra! I wanna see that! I don't think the movie would have made much sense in the way it was acted if it had the un happy endding. I know that's the way the story goes, but i don't think this movie would have been as succesful if it had the un happy endding.

The Short Curcuit DVD is suposed to be really good too! but i don't think it was ever avabilve in the US? I have the second one on DVD but there really isn't too much for extras. I have both movies on video but i really hope for first SC movie to come on DVD in the US.