1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rock Season 1 arrives September 6

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

jIM'S nOTEBOOK SOULD BE A NICE EXTRA
  2. Oliver New Member

I'm really upset that the bonus ANIMATED EPISODES that were featured as extras on the individual releases haven't been announced for Season One!

I'll be EXTREMELY dissapointed if these are not carried over!
  3. MrsPepper Active Member

Maybe if this set sells well, they'll be put on one of the other seasons.
  4. luvtosr New Member

Or, you never know, there may be a few more 3 or 4 episode DVDs to be released with episodes from the later seasons and they might have them on. I mean, even if I knew they were going to eventually bring out all the season box sets, I'd still buy a single DVD if it had an episode I don't have.

Realistically, if they are going to release all the season sets it will take a minimum of five years at one set a year so there's plenty of scope for making more money out of us !!! :smirk:
  5. Oliver New Member

I emailed Hit! and they responded saying it was a company decision to not include the Fraggle Rock animated episodes... :boo:

If more people email them requesting that they include some of the cartoons as extras on future sets, maybe it'll have some pull.

I'm dissapointed, this was the only draw of the single disc releases to me. I haven't seen the FR cartoon in 20 years and would've been such a nostalgia trip..

Email Hit! and let them know that we at the very least, want the animated epidoes that are currently on the single disc releases, ported over to the season sets.
  6. Cantus Rock New Member

Somewhere above the clouds, Jim is smiling. :)

And so am I.
  7. Traveling Matt New Member

Both Season One and the new single-disc are now at HIT's online store. Oddly enough, they don't list the bonus CD-ROM for S1:

http://www.hitstoreusa.com/videoanddvd1.html

On a side note, all this talk about TMS's Amazon ranking has drawn some attention to FR (maybe). As of now it's at #123, still four weeks before release.

Only "Lost S1" and "Charmed S2" are ranked higher for Sept. 6th!
  8. Movies205 New Member

That's a tad ungrateful all considering it's a show that hasn't seen the light of day in 20 years and I have great respect foR HIT to go out on a limb and release season sets so quickly just because the fans e-mail them about it. These are about the same amount if not more than the Batman TAS animated series season set so I'm thrilled and I actually love the box art.
  9. Cantus Rock New Member

Quickly and because of emails?

This decision has been mulled over for at least a year now. And are you familiar with Warricks petiton? A little more than a few fan emails..
  10. jamminjake New Member

I just emailed Hit about the animated series. If you visit the Hit Fraggle Rock Season 1 DVD page(http://www.hitstoreusa.com/frroboxsefis.html) You will see what the side of the package looks like, running time, and something intresting is "From a fun-loving group of furry subterranean creatures came millions of fans, 100 original songs. 96 total episodes, 5 seasons, but only one First Season Boxed Set." If Hit is willing to state all that maybe they will be putting out future season sets?
  11. Movies205 New Member

Online petitions(no offense to BlueFrackle) don't do much mainly because anyone can sign them. But if I'm correct they had put out a product within a very short time of getting the rights and then just within a year are releasing season sets I'd say that's quite good.
  12. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

I Forgot about Fraggle Rock but i may wait till christmas
  13. GelflingWaldo New Member

I beg to differ. In the case of the Fraggles it did make a diffrence. Take a look at the official "Fraggle Rock: Complete First Season" press release: http://www.henson.com/company/070305.html

Here is just an excerpt:
    "...After an online petition was signed by thousands of fans to get Fraggle Rock back into their homes, HIT Entertainment responded... Now, Fraggle Rock fans will finally get what they have been petitioning for, as the entire first season is released... "

There are many other articles, interviews, and statments that state that Fraggle Rock coming to DVD was made possible because of online petitions and campaigning. It may not have been 100% because of them, but I am sure that without the petitions the Fraggles would not currently be getting the DVD treatment that they being given right now.
  14. Traveling Matt New Member

HIT Entertainment will support the much-anticipated DVD release of Fraggle Rock Complete First Season with an online campaign targeting the generation of men and women who grew up with the show.

This is from July 3rd. Should we have seen this by now?

Sounds very cool...
  15. Oliver New Member

JamminJake, did you ever hear back from Hit! regarding the animated episodes?

I dont see the point in owning the individual releases with a complete season 1 on the horizon, but I really want to have some of the animated episodes to watch again, if only a couple! Just for the smiles brought back from obscured and fading Saturday morning memories of decades past....

I really hope these are made available on future sets, even a single bonus episode! I'll take whatever they offer... we really shouldn't be losing anything from the individual releases.
  16. jamminjake New Member

Me: Please put the animated Fraggle Rock series on DVD by its own or since
    there is only 13 episodes include a few episodes on each DVD box set!
    Since there will be 5 of them you could include 2 or 3 episodes per
    set (1 episode per disk, really)

Hit!: Thank you for contacting us. At this time, there are not any plans to
    put the animated series only onto DVD.

Thank you for your interest in HIT Entertainment.

Kris

HIT Entertainment Consumer Relations
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    I've only seen one episode of the show, but I would love more! Well, atleast we will get all of the Disney cartoons now..
  17. Oliver New Member

I'm sure if they got 3 or 4 simple emails a day, it would happen.

13 episodes is nothing, they could probably handle that with a 2-disc slimline keepcase release. Very little would be involved and it wouldn't cost much to produce either.

If anyone is remotely interested in seeing these cartoons again, even just a couple, write to Hit! A short and simple email like Jake sent is more than enough, it doesn't take more than 3-4 minutes of your time and it would help in persuading Hit! that there is a market for people who want to see these again. I'll even take a simple 5 or 6 episode compilation!

Anyways, I'd urge more people to forward an email over asking about these cartoons. Look what happened with FR... It can't hurt.
  18. BlueFrackle Active Member

Sometimes Companies dont even know what they are doing themselves.
    HIT have released Fraggle Rock Animated on DVD in the UK.
  19. Cantus Rock New Member

Full series?
  20. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

i will write

Q: didn't HIT get sold or selling off?