Fraggle Rock Season 1 arrives September 6

Movies205

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
Quickly and because of emails?

This decision has been mulled over for at least a year now. And are you familiar with Warricks petiton? A little more than a few fan emails..
Online petitions(no offense to Warrick) don't do much mainly because anyone can sign them. But if I'm correct they had put out a product within a very short time of getting the rights and then just within a year are releasing season sets I'd say that's quite good.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Movies205 said:
Online petitions don't do much ...
I beg to differ. In the case of the Fraggles it did make a diffrence. Take a look at the official "Fraggle Rock: Complete First Season" press release: http://www.henson.com/company/070305.html

Here is just an excerpt:
"...After an online petition was signed by thousands of fans to get Fraggle Rock back into their homes, HIT Entertainment responded... Now, Fraggle Rock fans will finally get what they have been petitioning for, as the entire first season is released... "

There are many other articles, interviews, and statments that state that Fraggle Rock coming to DVD was made possible because of online petitions and campaigning. It may not have been 100% because of them, but I am sure that without the petitions the Fraggles would not currently be getting the DVD treatment that they being given right now.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
HIT Entertainment will support the much-anticipated DVD release of Fraggle Rock Complete First Season with an online campaign targeting the generation of men and women who grew up with the show.

This is from July 3rd. Should we have seen this by now?

Sounds very cool...

Oliver

Reaction score
JamminJake, did you ever hear back from Hit! regarding the animated episodes?

I dont see the point in owning the individual releases with a complete season 1 on the horizon, but I really want to have some of the animated episodes to watch again, if only a couple! Just for the smiles brought back from obscured and fading Saturday morning memories of decades past....

I really hope these are made available on future sets, even a single bonus episode! I'll take whatever they offer... we really shouldn't be losing anything from the individual releases.

jamminjake

Reaction score
Me: Please put the animated Fraggle Rock series on DVD by its own or since
there is only 13 episodes include a few episodes on each DVD box set!
Since there will be 5 of them you could include 2 or 3 episodes per
set (1 episode per disk, really)

Hit!: Thank you for contacting us. At this time, there are not any plans to
put the animated series only onto DVD.

Thank you for your interest in HIT Entertainment.

Kris

HIT Entertainment Consumer Relations
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
I've only seen one episode of the show, but I would love more! Well, atleast we will get all of the Disney cartoons now..

Oliver

Reaction score
I'm sure if they got 3 or 4 simple emails a day, it would happen.

13 episodes is nothing, they could probably handle that with a 2-disc slimline keepcase release. Very little would be involved and it wouldn't cost much to produce either.

If anyone is remotely interested in seeing these cartoons again, even just a couple, write to Hit! A short and simple email like Jake sent is more than enough, it doesn't take more than 3-4 minutes of your time and it would help in persuading Hit! that there is a market for people who want to see these again. I'll even take a simple 5 or 6 episode compilation!

Anyways, I'd urge more people to forward an email over asking about these cartoons. Look what happened with FR... It can't hurt.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Sometimes Companies dont even know what they are doing themselves.
HIT have released Fraggle Rock Animated on DVD in the UK.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Warrick said:
Sometimes Companies dont even know what they are doing themselves.
HIT have released Fraggle Rock Animated on DVD in the UK.
Full series?