Fraggle Rock: Season 1 DVD Coming Fall 2005

sheesh

Reaction score
It'll be worth the wait!

No i dont have any info on the forthcoming (is it DEFINATE?) season boxset, but there is no doubt that it'll be fantastic. The uk dvd is great but i wont wait for a uk season 1. As soon as it out over there i want it.
As for the different 'intros' heck if i miss the lighthouse that much i'll get it twice.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
The Fraggle Rock Season sets ARE NOT DEFINETELY BEING RELEASED!

You need to contact HIT! by writing letters AND calling. Do both, Its the only way we will see the Boxsets. Make sure you tell them that we want ALL FIVE SEASONS too.

Otherwise, We will just not get these boxsets. Its all up to us fans.

All the addresses and info are on the front page of my site...

www.angelfire.com/super2/fragglerock0/

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Warrick said:
You need to contact HIT! by writing letters AND calling. Do both, Its the only way we will see the Boxsets. Make sure you tell them that we want ALL FIVE SEASONS too.

Otherwise, We will just not get these boxsets. Its all up to us fans.
Exactly. The fans must continue to speak. Otherwise it simply won't happen.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Warrick said:
The Fraggle Rock Season sets ARE NOT DEFINETELY BEING RELEASED!
I'm sorry if I misled anybody with this thread. :frown:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Season Sets are NOT in progress!

I decided to check up on the progress/status of this project. I sent HIT! a simple e-mail and they quickly responded. Here is how the exchange went.

Dear Hit Entertainment,

I a simple question:
Yes or No: At this point in time is HIT! Entertainment working, in anyway, to produce season box sets of Fraggle Rock on DVD?

Thank you for contacting us. At this time, it has not been decided if season sets will be made. But we will pass your interest along to our Brand team for future consideration.

Thank you for your interest in HIT Entertainment.

So as of right now (January 31, 2005), there are no plans for season sets, or a decision to produce such a product. Somewhere along the line there was a miscommunication that got "Fall 2005" into people's heads, but as of now there are no plans for season sets. So I urge everyone to write and call.

Their toll-free number is 1-866-405-7625.

...or You can write them a letter at:
H[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IT Entertainment[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Attn: Consumer Relations (Fraggle Rock Season Sets)[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PO Box 9000[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Allen TX, 75013[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]..or e-mail them at [email="consumerrelations@hitentertainment.com"]consumerrelations@hitentertainment.com[/email][/font]

...or do all three.

Please request season box sets to HIT! Entertainment. As of now, they are not in the works and it is our job, as the fans, to convince HIT that we want them and they should make them.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

We all MUST CONTINUE to keep in contact with HIT!

Three or four months ago, they were so sure of the demand for season box sets that their telephone operators were already telling people they were coming in Fall '05 (a whole year in advance!!!)

I know many people here are among those who want the sets and wrote form letters to HIT originally requesting them, so PLEASE PLEASE everyone keep writing letters and calling. Form letters are equivalent to about 10 telephone calls, so do both!

Just because you've already sent HIT a letter doesn't mean you can't continue to do so. I've been mailing the same letter about once every other month, and call about once a week, to keep my demand fresh in their minds.

Address:
HIT Entertainment
Attn: Consumer Relations (Fraggle Rock Season Sets)
P.O. Box 9000
Allen TX, 75013

Telephone Number:
1-866-405-7625

Thank you :smile:

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I wonder if they ever will release them or if they figure they can make more money if the charge $15ish for 3 episodes. It would suck if we had to wait to get all the episodes in these 3 EP DVD things.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
We'll at the rate they are going -- 3-episodes per release and a release every 3 months (WIAB-July, WIAB:SE-October, DYCA-January, LBTROTR-April) -- it would take 32 releases and 8-years (until July 2012) to relelase all the episodes of the show. Being HIT only has the rights until April 2009, all the episodes won't get out the way they are doing it. At their rate about 58% of the episodes (under 60) will get out (that is if they keep continuing the DVD patterns as it is now without slowing down, or stoping it) by the time the contract runs out. Not to mention the cost --(if all episodes were released this way) it would cost around $480

Even with Season box sets, if they don't make up their minds to decide to make them soon they won't have enough time to make all 5 season box sets (a set of that size usally take 4-6 months to produce). If by late 2006 they haven't started work on season box sets they probally won't be able to do it sucessfully (unless they renew/extend the contract with Henson). As of now, HIT has no plans for season sets, and unless we convince them otherwise, they will never get made and we'll be suck with a large portion of the show unreleased. The cost for 5 season box sets would usally run you around $180 (that $300 less than the whole show on single-disks)