Fraggle Rock: Season 1 DVD Coming Fall 2005

anathema

Reaction score
DaViD Boulet said:
Keep in mind that those other examples were all shot on film...
Not quite true. Doctor Who and Dad's Army were recorded on videotape, with film used for location work, effects shots and the occasional piece of studio work where the sets were too large for the TV studios in use at the time and had to be shot at Ealing. The final programmes were edited on videotape. All pre-1970 Doctor Who now only exists as 16mm or 35mm film recordings of the videotapes, as do the first two seasons of Dad's Army, which simply means that you have film print damage to contend with as well as the faults present in the videotapes at the time the films were made.

If you want to know more about restoration techniques and the different problems encountered when dealing with film, film recordings and videotapes, you might like to visit this site: http://www.restoration-team.co.uk. Look under 'DVD releases' and 'VHS releases'.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's Official: Fraggle DVD Season Sets

We've been talking about it here for more than two weeks, but www.tvshowsondvd.com has also confirmed that Fraggle Rock season sets are indeed coming beginning next fall.

Fraggle Rock - Season sets are coming

You may have heard a rumor that HIT Entertainment was planning season sets for Fraggle Rock, but the company hadn't decided their plans until a few days ago. We spoke with one of the top dogs over there and he said they're going to go ahead with the rumored plans to release the first season in the Fall of 2005. Some of their customer service reps got a bit carried away and were telling people the plans before they were finalized. We're glad they're going through with them!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2291

HIT is releasing the first three-episode disc as a special edition on October 19th and another three-episode disc is planed for early next year. Those are the only 3-episode discs that have been announced to this point.

Season 1 is due in fall 2005. Hopefully season 2 will see the light of day 3-6 months after the release of season 1.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I knew it. I knew it. WOOOOOOOOO!!! *jumps into the Fraggle pond* Wooo now thats what I call a fraggle half ganer. I know that nearly everyone here is going to buy it. I know everyone and if I hear that you don't have one when it comes I'm going to send you one. Just ask and I'l.....Whoa Kyle your getting a little carried away. Glad I stopped myself there.

*walks back into the hole*

Pero

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I like a Season 1 boxed set next year. I just bought the first 17 episodes from Season 1 in Belgium from Bridgekids. Great packaging, crystal clear transfers, great menus, subtitles, even a Dutch audio track and even a one hour special feature about Henson and his Fraggle Rock.

And now Bridgekids told me they won't be able to release the rest of the episodes this way because Disney bought the Henson group. Is this true? And if it is true, won't they still give Bridgekids the rights to release the rest of the series?

Or will Disney start all over in Fall 2005 by releasing Fraggle Rock Season 1 in Belgium and Holland? I hope they do give us our own boxed sets, because I don't want a Disney boxed set imported from the UK without Subtitles or Dutch audio! I want a perfect Bridgekids release!!!

Does anyone have more info about what is going to happen for us in Holland and Belgium?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Disney didn't buy the "Fraggle Rock" characters and show; they still belong to Henson. :smile: :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock on Season Set DVD's?

And they said it couldn't be done!

But we have to take the time out and Thank Warrick for starting the DVD petition, which caught Hit's eye!

Thanks dude!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Thanks Warrick for all your hard work for doing the DVD petition. Thanks alot dude!

Pero

Reaction score
For those of you who can't wait until next year, there's an excellent 3-disc DVD set (Region 2!) available as well. That set contains Episodes 1 to 17 of the first season in very good quality (and English audio) PLUS a one-hour documentary "Henson's Place at the Muppets".

The set is available here in Belgium and the Netherlands but is getting harder to find each week.

I'm selling one on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6342430947&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:UK:1