1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rock: Season 1 DVD Coming Fall 2005

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by MuppetDude, Sep 17, 2004.

1. MuppetDude Active Member

2. Fozzie Bear Moderator

3. Erine81981 Active Member

I had called sometime 3 or 5 weeks ago and asked about the DVD season and the the lady told me that there will be one coming out next year. Call and ask for youself. I prousime thats its free call. I always go to Tough Pigs and get my info and called them and the rest was history.

The # is on the first post. Just call. Thats what Tough Pig say to do and keep bugging them. Just pick up the phone and call that 1-800 # and you'll get what me and Muppetdude got back.
  4. GelflingWaldo New Member

When a TV show gets a DVD release (and the studio continues to release subsequent seasons) it usally takes anywhere from 3-12 months (depending on the popularity, release rights, bonus material, ect.) until the next season come out. If the first season hits next fall (2005) the final season could reach us anywhere from spring 2006 to fall 2010.

It all depends on how the market is for these sets. It would be a real shame if they only released the first season(s) and then quit before reaching the end due to lack of sales. A lot of shows have only the first one-three seasons released and then the studio stops the line due to lack of interest. I am pretty sure HIT! will continue to the end (their aren't that many seasons), and I think they know their is a fan base for them.

I also hope they put some extras on these disks...the Down at fraggle rock Behind the scenes special, animated fraggle episodes, and more!

I can't wait to hear more details about these sets officially from HIT! :excited:
  5. Oliver New Member

I can't believe anyone's actually complaining about the wait when HIT! is doing so much to accomodate us Fraggle fans!

It started with a cheap sampler disc that many, myself included, complained and voiced our concerns about and we were heard and it was followed up only months later with Special Editions including bonus episodes from the animated series! People continued to put in phone calls and send letters and emails and now HIT! has generously acknowledged our pleas and has confirmed that a complete season set would be in the works for release early next year! Given everything this company has done so far, I'm sure we can expect significant extras and a dedicated effort to produce the highest quality sets for us fans... if it takes a year to deliver the products, so be it, we should all be extremely gratefull and out in even more phone calls now to thank HIT! for taking their consumer base into consideration!
  6. Oliver New Member

OKAY WAIT... NOTHING IS CONFIRMED AS OF YET!

I just called the telephone number posted above and spoke with a really nice and enthusiastic woman who also addressed herself as "Fraggle Rock Customer Service" upon answering the line, and told her that I just learned that Hit! Entertainment had recently aquired licensing and distribution rights to the Fraggle Rock series and asked her if she knew of any plans to release full season box sets for the show in the near future. She first responded by informing me that the current release format was to issue single disc DVD's comprised of 3 episodes which would come out every few months. She than told me that they have recently had such an influx of telephone calls, letters and emails that the company is now "DISCUSSING" the "POSSIBILITY" of releasing episodes in context of season boxed sets as that seems to be what the fans and public are asking for. She told me that they were basically on "Stage 2" of discussions which means that it's currently on the table and everyone is now going over the numbers and whatnot to figure out whether such a venture would be viable and how to make it possible, etc. She said that we should have a definitive answer by spring or early summer, which I personally suspect means that while Hit! is basically trying to determine how to go about such a production, perhaps they are not allowing anyone to speak publicallyor issue any press statements on anything as of yet because they have not yet finnished with the planning let alone development stages. It's quite possible that previous callers had been told a release would be coming by next fall, but maybe they are now deciding that it would be better not to make any formal announcements until the spring so that they can than say "Season One in 2 months!" or something to that effect. Otherwise it's also possible that people just chose to hear what they wanted and took the possibilities and discussions to mean, comign in late 2005 as opposed to, we'll get an official statement in late 2005. Anyways, it did seem promising and the lady followed up our short conversation with a really enthusiastic, "Isn't that great?!" :excited:

ANYWAYS, I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE ALL OF YOU TO PUT PHONE CALLS IN!!!

It literally only takes a minute or less and apparently makes all the difference as the only reason they are in their "second stage" of discussions concerning season sets at all, is because of the fans that took the time to make their voiced be heard!

Don't be shy or hesitant, the secretary is a really friendly and sweet lady and very easy to talk to and all you basically have to say is; "Hi, I'm just calling to know if Hit has any plans in the near future to release box set collections of the Fraggle Rock series?" and you've done your part in adding to the public demand and influencing the vote!

Please take the 30-40 seconds to call as it really does help!!!
  7. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Yeah, gang! Keep calling!!
  8. DaViD Boulet New Member

Fraggle Rock Series...complete Seasons...Ahhh...

Keep in mind that those other examples were all shot on film and so "restoration" was possible given the optical/physical nature of the format. Fraggle Rock was all deposited on video (Beta?) and so has some inherent issues that just come with the territory. Still, look at how good the Muppet show looks on DVD (also video source) and the Fraggle episodes I've seen on DVD thus far (both R1 disc and R2) look decent. My hopes are good.

What I'd really love is for the featured songs in each episode to appear on the DVDs in a seperate "music area" in 2.0 stereo in uncompressed LPCM...then it would be like having the ultimate fraggle-CD music collection at the same time...

-dave :excited: :excited:
  9. Erine81981 Active Member

Or if the DVD do good to come out with a CD collection of songs from the show. I would certaly buy it.
  10. anathema Active Member

Film is much harder to repair than videotape, mate! I know whereof I speak, I do this kind of work. "Fraggle Rock" was made on Quad, although modern copies may be on Betacam. Given the choice, I'd go back to the original Quad tapes, but finding a working Quad machine is pretty hard these days.

They look Ok, nothing more. The US TMS releases are passable, but no better than I'd expect from an outfit like Time-Life. (The Time-Life releases in the UK are abysmal, btw.) The UK releases of FR episodes are also Ok, but could have been better. I've not seen the US disc yet, so I can't comment on it.

So...a music disc that you cannot play in the car, or on the move... I'd rather have a CD ;-) It's also a huge waste of space on the DVD, which would reduce either the number of shows per disc, or else reduce the bitrate.
  11. anathema Active Member

Not quite true. Doctor Who and Dad's Army were recorded on videotape, with film used for location work, effects shots and the occasional piece of studio work where the sets were too large for the TV studios in use at the time and had to be shot at Ealing. The final programmes were edited on videotape. All pre-1970 Doctor Who now only exists as 16mm or 35mm film recordings of the videotapes, as do the first two seasons of Dad's Army, which simply means that you have film print damage to contend with as well as the faults present in the videotapes at the time the films were made.

If you want to know more about restoration techniques and the different problems encountered when dealing with film, film recordings and videotapes, you might like to visit this site: http://www.restoration-team.co.uk. Look under 'DVD releases' and 'VHS releases'.
  12. Phillip Administrator

It's Official: Fraggle DVD Season Sets

We've been talking about it here for more than two weeks, but www.tvshowsondvd.com has also confirmed that Fraggle Rock season sets are indeed coming beginning next fall.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2291

HIT is releasing the first three-episode disc as a special edition on October 19th and another three-episode disc is planed for early next year. Those are the only 3-episode discs that have been announced to this point.

Season 1 is due in fall 2005. Hopefully season 2 will see the light of day 3-6 months after the release of season 1.
  13. Erine81981 Active Member

I knew it. I knew it. WOOOOOOOOO!!! *jumps into the Fraggle pond* Wooo now thats what I call a fraggle half ganer. I know that nearly everyone here is going to buy it. I know everyone and if I hear that you don't have one when it comes I'm going to send you one. Just ask and I'l.....Whoa Kyle your getting a little carried away. Glad I stopped myself there.

*walks back into the hole*
  14. MuppetDude Active Member

:D Keep talkin, Ern.
  15. Pero New Member

I'm not sure if I like a Season 1 boxed set next year. I just bought the first 17 episodes from Season 1 in Belgium from Bridgekids. Great packaging, crystal clear transfers, great menus, subtitles, even a Dutch audio track and even a one hour special feature about Henson and his Fraggle Rock.

And now Bridgekids told me they won't be able to release the rest of the episodes this way because Disney bought the Henson group. Is this true? And if it is true, won't they still give Bridgekids the rights to release the rest of the series?

Or will Disney start all over in Fall 2005 by releasing Fraggle Rock Season 1 in Belgium and Holland? I hope they do give us our own boxed sets, because I don't want a Disney boxed set imported from the UK without Subtitles or Dutch audio! I want a perfect Bridgekids release!!!

Does anyone have more info about what is going to happen for us in Holland and Belgium?
  16. MuppetDude Active Member

Disney didn't buy the "Fraggle Rock" characters and show; they still belong to Henson. :) :excited:
  17. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Fraggle Rock on Season Set DVD's?

And they said it couldn't be done!

But we have to take the time out and Thank BlueFrackle for starting the DVD petition, which caught Hit's eye!

Thanks dude!
  18. Erine81981 Active Member

Thanks BlueFrackle for all your hard work for doing the DVD petition. Thanks alot dude!
  19. MuppetDude Active Member

Thanks, BlueFrackle! :) :) :)
  20. Pero New Member

For those of you who can't wait until next year, there's an excellent 3-disc DVD set (Region 2!) available as well. That set contains Episodes 1 to 17 of the first season in very good quality (and English audio) PLUS a one-hour documentary "Henson's Place at the Muppets".

The set is available here in Belgium and the Netherlands but is getting harder to find each week.

I'm selling one on Ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6342430947&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:UK:1