Fraggle Rock: Season 1 DVD Coming Fall 2005

Erine81981

Reaction score
Luke said:
Are you sure she didn't say it may be coming to DVD next fall? I think she may have read her "Fraggle DVD" script wrong. Perhaps someone else can confirm with them too to make sure they get the same info and it wasn't just an error?

I had called sometime 3 or 5 weeks ago and asked about the DVD season and the the lady told me that there will be one coming out next year. Call and ask for youself. I prousime thats its free call. I always go to Tough Pigs and get my info and called them and the rest was history.

The # is on the first post. Just call. Thats what Tough Pig say to do and keep bugging them. Just pick up the phone and call that 1-800 # and you'll get what me and Muppetdude got back.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
beaker said:
wow, a whole year...ugh. (especially when a little brid told me ya can get all 96 episodes spread over a few dvds on ebay) Im not condoning it...Im just saying think of the time...by the time they finally release all 96 episodes on dvd, Gary Coleman will be president and we'll have flying cars.
When a TV show gets a DVD release (and the studio continues to release subsequent seasons) it usally takes anywhere from 3-12 months (depending on the popularity, release rights, bonus material, ect.) until the next season come out. If the first season hits next fall (2005) the final season could reach us anywhere from spring 2006 to fall 2010.

It all depends on how the market is for these sets. It would be a real shame if they only released the first season(s) and then quit before reaching the end due to lack of sales. A lot of shows have only the first one-three seasons released and then the studio stops the line due to lack of interest. I am pretty sure HIT! will continue to the end (their aren't that many seasons), and I think they know their is a fan base for them.

I also hope they put some extras on these disks...the Down at fraggle rock Behind the scenes special, animated fraggle episodes, and more!

I can't wait to hear more details about these sets officially from HIT! :excited:

Oliver

Reaction score
I can't believe anyone's actually complaining about the wait when HIT! is doing so much to accomodate us Fraggle fans!

It started with a cheap sampler disc that many, myself included, complained and voiced our concerns about and we were heard and it was followed up only months later with Special Editions including bonus episodes from the animated series! People continued to put in phone calls and send letters and emails and now HIT! has generously acknowledged our pleas and has confirmed that a complete season set would be in the works for release early next year! Given everything this company has done so far, I'm sure we can expect significant extras and a dedicated effort to produce the highest quality sets for us fans... if it takes a year to deliver the products, so be it, we should all be extremely gratefull and out in even more phone calls now to thank HIT! for taking their consumer base into consideration!

Oliver

Reaction score
OKAY WAIT... NOTHING IS CONFIRMED AS OF YET!

I just called the telephone number posted above and spoke with a really nice and enthusiastic woman who also addressed herself as "Fraggle Rock Customer Service" upon answering the line, and told her that I just learned that Hit! Entertainment had recently aquired licensing and distribution rights to the Fraggle Rock series and asked her if she knew of any plans to release full season box sets for the show in the near future. She first responded by informing me that the current release format was to issue single disc DVD's comprised of 3 episodes which would come out every few months. She than told me that they have recently had such an influx of telephone calls, letters and emails that the company is now "DISCUSSING" the "POSSIBILITY" of releasing episodes in context of season boxed sets as that seems to be what the fans and public are asking for. She told me that they were basically on "Stage 2" of discussions which means that it's currently on the table and everyone is now going over the numbers and whatnot to figure out whether such a venture would be viable and how to make it possible, etc. She said that we should have a definitive answer by spring or early summer, which I personally suspect means that while Hit! is basically trying to determine how to go about such a production, perhaps they are not allowing anyone to speak publicallyor issue any press statements on anything as of yet because they have not yet finnished with the planning let alone development stages. It's quite possible that previous callers had been told a release would be coming by next fall, but maybe they are now deciding that it would be better not to make any formal announcements until the spring so that they can than say "Season One in 2 months!" or something to that effect. Otherwise it's also possible that people just chose to hear what they wanted and took the possibilities and discussions to mean, comign in late 2005 as opposed to, we'll get an official statement in late 2005. Anyways, it did seem promising and the lady followed up our short conversation with a really enthusiastic, "Isn't that great?!" :excited:

ANYWAYS, I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE ALL OF YOU TO PUT PHONE CALLS IN!!!

It literally only takes a minute or less and apparently makes all the difference as the only reason they are in their "second stage" of discussions concerning season sets at all, is because of the fans that took the time to make their voiced be heard!

Don't be shy or hesitant, the secretary is a really friendly and sweet lady and very easy to talk to and all you basically have to say is; "Hi, I'm just calling to know if Hit has any plans in the near future to release box set collections of the Fraggle Rock series?" and you've done your part in adding to the public demand and influencing the vote!

Please take the 30-40 seconds to call as it really does help!!!

DaViD Boulet

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock Series...complete Seasons...Ahhh...

What I would like to see is HIT taking the time to perform restoration on the episodes - there's a huge amount of scratching, dropout and other nasties which are easily repairable if they wanted to invest the time and money in it. Heck, if they're reading this, I offer my services! I've been doing that kind of thing for a few years now... It makes all the difference, and it's becoming more and more common - witness the M*A*S*H releases, the just-released Star Wars set, the BBC's Doctor Who and Dad's Army[i/] discs, etc.

Keep in mind that those other examples were all shot on film and so "restoration" was possible given the optical/physical nature of the format. Fraggle Rock was all deposited on video (Beta?) and so has some inherent issues that just come with the territory. Still, look at how good the Muppet show looks on DVD (also video source) and the Fraggle episodes I've seen on DVD thus far (both R1 disc and R2) look decent. My hopes are good.

What I'd really love is for the featured songs in each episode to appear on the DVDs in a seperate "music area" in 2.0 stereo in uncompressed LPCM...then it would be like having the ultimate fraggle-CD music collection at the same time...

-dave :excited: :excited:

Erine81981

Reaction score
DaViD Boulet said:
What I'd really love is for the featured songs in each episode to appear on the DVDs in a seperate "music area" in 2.0 stereo in uncompressed LPCM...then it would be like having the ultimate fraggle-CD music collection at the same time...
Or if the DVD do good to come out with a CD collection of songs from the show. I would certaly buy it.

anathema

Reaction score
DaViD Boulet said:
Keep in mind that those other examples were all shot on film and so "restoration" was possible given the optical/physical nature of the format. Fraggle Rock was all deposited on video (Beta?) and so has some inherent issues that just come with the territory.
Film is much harder to repair than videotape, mate! I know whereof I speak, I do this kind of work. "Fraggle Rock" was made on Quad, although modern copies may be on Betacam. Given the choice, I'd go back to the original Quad tapes, but finding a working Quad machine is pretty hard these days.

Still, look at how good the Muppet show looks on DVD (also video source) and the Fraggle episodes I've seen on DVD thus far (both R1 disc and R2) look decent. My hopes are good.
They look Ok, nothing more. The US TMS releases are passable, but no better than I'd expect from an outfit like Time-Life. (The Time-Life releases in the UK are abysmal, btw.) The UK releases of FR episodes are also Ok, but could have been better. I've not seen the US disc yet, so I can't comment on it.

-dave :excited: :excited:
So...a music disc that you cannot play in the car, or on the move... I'd rather have a CD ;-) It's also a huge waste of space on the DVD, which would reduce either the number of shows per disc, or else reduce the bitrate.