1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rock T-Shirt at Target!

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by TheMonsterAteMe, Mar 11, 2011.

1. TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

My local Target has a new yellow Fraggle Rock shirt! It has the 5 lead Fraggles and then has the show's logo!
    :)
  2. GonzoLeaper Active Member

Woohoo! Fraggle Rock T-shirts! That's awesome! I've seen some of the Muppets from The Muppet Show and some Sesame Street T-shirts sometimes, but it seems Fraggle Rock is one I don't see as much. Cool to know! Now to check out my local Target.:):excited:
  3. bingboingcutie Active Member

i NEED to go to target! I'm constantly hungry :)insatiable:) for muppet things, and if they are at the store, then that's terrific!
  4. GonzoLeaper Active Member

Just today I saw a Kermit hat at Wal-Mart for 10 bucks and I got all excited!:)
  5. bazingababe24 Member

I found the same shirt at my local Target and bought it last night! I'm wearing it tonight to the second-run theater's showing of "Young Frankenstein".:)
  6. Slackbot Well-Known Member

What size has the Fraggle shirt been seen in? Anything a petite adult gyno-American could wear?
  7. bazingababe24 Member

My Target had them in small, medium and large in something called "athletic fit". I'm also a petite adult gyno-American, and I fit into a size small. I think they're technically guy shirts, but they're a pretty soft cotton fabric, so there's no reason why a girl couldn't wear them!:)The Fraggle graphic is really cool --- it's distressed, so it looks somewhat like it could have been made back in the '80s!
  8. Slackbot Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll look for one then. Heh, if it has Boober on it it's only fitting that it's distressed.
  9. Drtooth Well-Known Member

It was mens... so... I'd say maybe (depending on your size) somewhere between a small or a medium would work... maybe a large in cases. They have dressing rooms there, you can probably check.

The thing about men's shirts is that the designs are sometimes gender neutral, and girls can indeed buy men's shirts and wear them no problem (I don't know how well they fit, I knew people that did this though).

Anyway, this is great. Not only do we FINALLY get an adult Male Fraggle Rock shirt (they had scads of them for girls at Hot Topic, and that was a disappointment that it was a gender segregation thing), but a general retail release one as well (none of that out of character and expensive Dr. Doozer stuff either). I hope this is a nice start to a long line of male and female (to an equal extent) Fraggle apparel. This shirt's good... I would buy it... I'm not crazy about Athletic fit, and the color's a bit bright for my tastes. But this is a great start.

Personally, I'm hoping for a Boober shirt that says "Neurotic" or something on it down the line. And Doozers of course...
  10. GonzoLeaper Active Member

I fully agree with Dr.Tooth in promoting Fraggle Rock (and Muppets in general) T-shirts and clothing for males and females equally- it gets annoying so many times finding so many Muppets clothing items that seem to be overwhelmingly aimed at females and so little for males. Nice to see something being done to correct that.:coy::)
  11. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I was in Target the other day and went looking for it and found and it looks so cool. I'm wating to have a littl bit of disposable income that I don't have earmarked for anything inparticular before getting it. But it's so cute.
  12. I went to Target today, found this shirt and immediately bought it. I didn't even look for the girls' shirt, but half the shirts I wear are actually men's since women's clothing often depict things I have no interest in. I also bought a Dig Dug shirt and a Galaga one, two arcade games I happen to love.
  13. The Shoe Fairy Active Member

It just occured to me that my ssiter has an FR Christmas shirt, she got it as a gift so I have no idea where on earth it came from though.
  14. Convincing John Well-Known Member

Ain't it the truth! Any Fraggle shirts out there (especially in Hot Topic) are those "baby doll" ones. That's fine if you want a shirt that's small enough to fit your cat, but they really should make Fraggle shirts for guys.

Especially ones of Junior Gorg. He's awesome.

Convincing John
  15. Drtooth Well-Known Member

If they can have shot glasses, there's nothing stopping them from making Fraggle head shirts with catchphrases or something on them. I mean, a Boober shirt with the caption "Neurotic"? Who wouldn't want that... and for the girls... I dunno... maybe steal from the Charlie Sheen meme and have a Red Fraggle shirt that says "Winning" on it?

That said, i HOPE that when they do more Muppet shirts we can see the Chef and Beaker on them, and not just Animal... I still have the Beaker one from a few years back, but I'd LOVE a Chef shirt.
  16. Convincing John Well-Known Member

I've wanted a Boober Fraggle shirt for years...in fact, I actually made one when I was in 5th grade Art class (we learned how to make our own iron on transfers for shirts. It was pretty cool).

I think I know which Beaker shirt you mean. Big close up of his face and he's looking kind of nervous about something, right? I love that shirt! I have one, too, but it's getting a little worse for the wear.

Appropriately for Beaker, when I did the laundry, I saw his elongated, terrified face whizz by as he circled round and round and round in the dryer.

Boober shirts, Beaker shirts, you bet I'd buy them! I'd get a Chef one too, as long as it's not that one pose they keep using. Yeesh.

I will tell you, though, that when Fraggle Rock was in full swing on HBO, I had probably the most awesome Fraggle shirt there ever was. I can't find a picture of it on the Wiki, but if I find the image, I will definitely scan it (I think the shirt still exists with my old Fraggle stuff).

Of all things, it was a mail away offer from the HBO cable guide. Aside from being able to buy the plush Red or Gobo, you could also get this shirt.

It was made the same way as the Fraggle shirt now at Target, with the image ironed on (or however they do it).

Instead of the image at Target now, it had this image on it! How cool is that to have a shirt with the World's Oldest Fraggle on it?

If I find that shirt (it's pretty raggedy in some places now), I will still scan the image (which is unscathed).

Convincing John
  17. Drtooth Well-Known Member

It would be quite another topic, but I REALLY wish Disney could hammer out some deal to have Roger either design or have some of his past illustrations from the comics on merchandise, especially T-Shirts.

The FR shirt at Target's alright but A) athletic fit isn't flattering unless you only buy a small or medium and B) Neon Yellow kinda... kinda loud. I'd buy it definitely, but I'd like to see others down the line.
  18. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I finally caved and bought it. I'm so excited to wear it. When I got it out of the store the yelloe didn't seem as harsh as I originally thought it was.
  19. Fraggline Active Member

Hey! I saw that too! Not quite my style, though...maybe I'll decorate my own "Children of Tomorrow" tee.
  20. Fersureitsjess Active Member

Got it today! Excited to wear it:coy: