Fraggle Rock: The Video Game

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
This is coming along nicely. I like how the trophy titles reference back to the series. Looking forward to how this episode progresses.

Thanks for posting. :excited:
We seriously need a Mokey smilie around here.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Thanks. I've been waiting for inspiration to strike, because I don't just want to do game levels that flat out copy episodes. However, this plot just sorta came to me this morning ... :big_grin:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
As Mokey and Red approach the Great Hall, Marlon, Large Marvin, and Feeny appear in an in-game conversation.

Marlon: Mokey! Red!

Mokey and Red (dryly): Hi, Marlon.

Marlon: A vicious poison cackler is approaching Fraggle Rock! We have to be ready for it!

Large Marvin (holding a back of crackers tightly against his chest)

Feeny (seeing Marvin): Oh, don’ worry, Large Marvin … there’d never be a time when you gots to give them crackers to a … a … poi … to a cackler anyhow.

Large Marvin: You better be right, Feeny.

Marlon (creepily clings to Red): We have set practice traps up all over the Great Hall, but we need someone to see if they are functioning correctly.

Large Marvin: Yes, and we need to see if they work, too.

Feeny (nods): Right.

Red (tries to shove Marlon away while glancing at Mokey): Well, it’s up to you.

If you decide to help Marlon, you’ll get a small amount of Parsnip Stew. It will also give a good preview of what to expect out in the Gorg’s Garden, though obviously the traps will be much bigger. You will also earn the trophy: I JUST LIKE THE ATTENTION.

Some traps will be suspended cages that will come down after a rope has been tripped, nets that spring up from the ground when you stand on them, and a Fraggle wicker scarecrow that when touched opens up a hole that you fall into, but won’t kill you. Mokey’s natural abilities will make her automatically dodge a sprung trap. However, Red isn’t so fortunate. Before each trap, Red will ask if you want her to trip it or do you want to do it. Red will be comically injured, so it depends on just how mean you want to be, LOL. On the other hand, you can give her the Parsnip Stew and she will be healed afterward.

Each time Mokey dodges a trap, Marlon will bewail the fact he is a failure. However, each time Red stumbles through a trap, he will bewail that she will never agree to be his queen … to which she will agree.

Mokey and Red may explore all of the available areas of Fraggle Rock.

The Fraggle Kitchen, run by Boober, will have the following items:

Doozer Stick Stew: Acquire five Doozer Sticks. Restores 25% health.
Parsnip Stew: Acquire two parsnips and a potato from the Gorg’s Garden. Restores 50% health.
Moss Melon Cake: Acquire three moss melons from Great Outer Maze. Restores 100% health.
Garlic Popcorn: Acquire one garlic and one corncob from the Gorg’s Garden. Distracts Poison Cacklers.
Sweet Wheel Bread (yes, I made that up): Acquire one donut from around Doc’s Workshop (once it’s unblocked). Will make any hostile character (Fraggle or Gorg) friendly.

Once Mokey and Red are near the Gorg Tunnel, a short cinema will begin.

Cinema:

Mokey: Well, I believe we’ve been productive so far.

Red (exasperatedly): We haven’t done anything! When are you going to trust me? You need some more action in your life! [NOTE: That’s what she said, LOL. I realize that can be taken out of context, but I’m leaving it in anyway.]

Mokey: But … Red …!

Red (drags her out into the Gorg Garden, waving an arm around her): See, Mokey? A world of adventure awaits.

Mokey (thoughtfully): I suppose we could get some ingredients for Boober.

Red (frowns): Mokey, would you stop thinking about food?

Mokey (sighs, pleading): Just one or two things and we can continue on your quest, okay?

Red (groans): Okay.

TO BE CONTINUED ….

RedPiggy

Reaction score
There are lots of vegetables you can pick. You have a choice of starting with going for the vegetables or visiting the Trash Heap, which is near Kissing Rock. You don’t need to see her, but it’s an option.

If you decide to go to the Trash Heap first (or any time before you complete the current goal), a small cinema will start.

Cinema:

Mokey and Red (appear before the inanimate trash heap)

Philo (pops up from the pile): You are in da presence of ….

Gunge (pops up on the opposite side): Da all-knowing ….

Philo: All-seein’ ….

Both: Trash Heap. Nyaaah.

Trash Heap (rises and puts on her pink framed glasses): I see two little Fraggles who need something to do.

Mokey: Oh, yes, Madame Heap. We --.

Red (interrupting): We’re trying to have an adventure! Got any ideas?

Trash Heap (nods): You two Fraggles are going to get hungry if you don’t go find something to eat. Eating is good for you.

Philo and Gunge (nod): Da Trash Heap has spoken. Nyaaah.

End cinema.

Mokey and Red must collect two vegetables from the Gorg’s Garden, avoiding traps and hiding when Junior or the other Gorgs are watching. After two are collected successfully, a cinema begins.

Cinema:

Mokey and Red (have nearly returned to the opening to Fraggle Rock, but a loud thumping noise alerts them to something big approaching)

Red (gasps, spotting Junior): Oh, no, Mokey! A Gorg!

Junior (grabs Red and lifts her into the air, staring at her): Fwaggle … do you have any Peas of Powah?

Red (stares at him blankly): Peas of Power? *glances down to Mokey below* This dunder-headed lummox is trying to get a girlfriend again! *to Junior, sighing* We’ve been through this, kid. Princesses don’t grow on pea plants!

Junior (sighs, sitting down in front of the opening to Fraggle Rock): But I just gotta find a Pwincess so I can be King.

Mokey (gasping, to herself): Oh, no! If he doesn’t move, we can’t get back in!

Red (sees Mokey worrying about the hole, to Junior): Hey, Gorg!

Junior: Juniuh.

Red (nods): Whatever. Junior, I want to introduce myself. I am Princess Gwenalot.

Mokey (gasps): Red!

Red (glances at Mokey): Silence! How dare you speak to your princess in such a disrespectful manner? Go forth back to Fraggle Rock, and bother us no more!

Junior (glances at the camera): Wow.

Mokey (points at Junior’s bottom): I can’t get back in!

Junior (stands): I’m sowwy, little Fwaggle. *to Red* You’d weally agwee to be my vewy own pwincess?

Red (nods): I was just thinking about settling down and finding me a prince.

Mokey (escapes into Fraggle Rock)

Junior (elated): Oh, boy! Oh, boy! Oh, boy! I can’t wait ta tell Pa about dis! *runs toward the castle*

Red: Wait a minute!

Junior (stops with a cartoony screech): What?

Red: Uh, this is a, uh, highly unconventional relationship! I want to prove to you first that I can be a worthy Princess for such a, uh, handsome … prince as you.

Junior: Well, wha’ did you have in mind?

Red (thinking): Uh. Hm. *snaps fingers* I got it! I’ll go find you a pet! You know – as a present to celebrate our future together. Just set me down, and I’ll go run an’ go get him.

Junior (is about to set her down, but stops): ‘Ey! What stops you fwom just wunnin’ away an’ nevah seein’ me again?

Red (looks defeated): Well … trust is an important part of any relationship.

Junior (dryly): Yeah, but you Fwaggles sure do wun off a lot. Sure, it’s fun chasin’ you, but sometimes I’d just like some fwiends ta play with.

Red (brandishes her sword): Junior Gorg – on my honor as a Princess, may I lose my royal helmet if I back down on my word!

Junior (nodding, shrugging): Okay, I guess I’ll just wait here, den.

Red (nods and dashes back into Fraggle Rock)

End cinema.

An in-game conversation starts as Red meets up with Mokey in Gorg Tunnel.

Mokey: Oh, Red – you’re safe!

Red (nods): We’re not out of the rockslide yet, Mokey. I’ve got to get that Gorg a pet or he’ll never leave us alone. There’s no telling what those vicious mountains of fur are capable of!

Mokey: Where are we going to find a pet?

Red: Hmm … I know you’re not going to like this idea.

Mokey (gasps): We are not giving him the poison cackler!

Red (nods): Oh, yes we are! They’re dangerous in Fraggle Rock, and that big ol’ dunder-headed lummox would make a pet out of his shirt sleeve! As long as he’s that desperate, why not snatch two spiderflies with one net?

So, now the mission is to capture the Poison Cackler. Marlon’s traps are as they were at the beginning of the chapter if you skipped his sub-mission or improved if you participated in it. As Red will explain as you go through the tunnels, you will have to wear him down so he’s too tired to escape Marlon’s traps. If you have garlic and corn from the Gorg’s Garden, go to the Fraggle Kitchen and Boober will give you Garlic Popcorn to help lure the Poison Cackler away from Fraggles and toward a trap. It might take a few traps to wear him down, but you’ll know when it’s finished, as a cinema will show Red and Mokey pushing the trapped Cackler out into the Gorg’s Garden.

Cinema:

Junior (jumps up and down with joy): I got a new pet! ‘Ey, Ma … look what I found! *runs happily to the castle*

Mokey (to Red): Think he’ll remember he wants you to be his princess? *giggles*

Red (groans): He’s easily distractible, I’ll give him that. Let’s go back to the Great Hall, Mokey. *shrugs* I’ve had enough adventure for today.

End cinema.

Trophy: YOU COULD BE A GREAT GORG QUEEN
Complete Chapter 3.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You Kelly, could be a writer.
You could be a queen.
You could be the kind of kid.
Who teaches us things we've never seen.
Your fics portray what your heart desires.
Your stories are a walking, talking, breathing ball of fire!
:crazy: Did someone say "ball of fire"?
Noooooo!
*Explosion.

Sorry for not replying sooner. This was very fun. Didn't expect the Princess Gwenalot reference/claim thrown in there, but it helps finish off the story. I'm glad we got these three chapters/episodes as it gave a chance for the members of the Fraggle Five to be shown. Well, maybe a Wembley and Boober episode would be nice, but having Wembley in the Gobo episode and Boober helping in the Fraggle kitchen is enough for now. If you decide to continue this, you know we'll come and read and review and rave.
Thank you for sharing your talents with us yet again.

*Sits to wait for RTL 4 next week. :zany:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I do have at least three more episodes in mind. The last one will be an amalgam of Honk of Honks and Change of Address. I even had an epiphany of an unlockable cinema if you earn all the trophies. Chapter 3 was basically, "Well, why did they never exploit the fact Red likes to pretend she's a princess?" Yeah, there's the ewww factor, but it's not like Red and Gobo haven't pretended to be something to get away from the Gorgs before.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly... They've all pretended to be something or other to get out of Gorgish perils. Can't wait for whatever you decide to post.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
CHAPTER 4: HOP TO FRAGGLE ROCK
(Note: This is roughly Space Frog Follies, though due to the condensed nature of the game story, elements of other episodes may be present and some stuff I’m just making up. In this way, season 4 can be represented in themes even if I’m not going episode by episode, which would be a boring transcript, which would make for a lousy game, LOL.)

Cinema:

Doc is pacing around the workshop, nervous.

Sprocket (looks up at Doc curiously)

Doc (stops, sighing): Sprockie, I – I think the End may be upon us.

Sprocket (waves dismissively): Nawww ….

Doc (nods): Ms. Ardath’s power went out. *points to the door leading outside* Then, Ned called and said he couldn’t come out side because he had hives all over. And I’ve been losing sleep to a bunch of croaking all night long! I tell you, Sprocket – I think the Seaside is plagued with plagues.

Sprocket (cocks his head): Huh?

Doc (sits down, petting Sprocket’s head): A plague is a terrible event. It starts small but then gets bigger and bigger until there’s no escaping it. *stands and begins pacing again* I’m pretty sure this is the beginning of the End, my boy.

The camera descends as Sprocket nods and lies down, and a large green frog can be seen hopping out from behind the workbench and into the Fraggle Hole.

The camera switches to the inside of Brick Tunnel. Uncle Matt finds the frog and picks it up and hums happily as he leaves.

The scene changes to Gobo and Wembley’s room, where Wembley and Boober are arguing.

Wembley (pulling on a banana-tree shirt): But Boober! It’s the only other one I got!

Boober (grunting, pulling on the same shirt): You haven’t washed it in days! Soon it’ll get up and walk itself to the river for cleaning!

Wembley: But it’s my lucky shirt! I have to have it so I can win at Rock Hockey!

Boober (exasperated): Wembley – you’re the referee! Now give it to me!

Wembley: Nuh-uh!

Uncle Matt (clears his throat)

Frog (ribbits)

Wembley and Boober scream and separate, staring at Uncle Matt.

Boober (trembling): Wh-wh-what is that?

Uncle Matt (sniffs): I believe it is called a Space Frog. They like to jump and eat flies and manage plays, or so I’ve been told. It hails from Outer Space. *pets it on the head* I belieeeeeve I shall give this to Gobo for his birthday. (sniffs, looks around) Still, there aren’t very many flies in Fraggle Rock this time of year. Perhaps I can go find some. Gobo’s young friend Wembley? Please keep this Space Frog away from Gobo and keep it safe until I return. *hands the frog to Wembley and then leaves*

Wembley and Boober (look at each other warily)

End cinema.

Wembley is the main character this episode. His abilities include making siren noises to alert others, getting nearly uncontrollable when stressed (after health has depleted 50%), and super-hearing. The middle ability is frustrating, but Wembley wouldn’t be Wembley unless he freaked out every once in awhile, LOL.

Boober will be your partner for this section of the story. He can help sniff out things and warn of approaching danger.

For the moment, Boober notes there is a large jar you can put the frog in. Approach the large jar in the room – and the frog escapes.

Wembley (gasps): Oh, no! We have to go find him!

Boober: Oh, no! I’m not just going with you to find some icky, slimy Space Frog. If you need me, I’ll be in the kitchen.

The basic quest is to keep the frog a secret from Gobo and locate said frog. Unlike the previous episodes, now you must go and pick which character you want to be partnered with, as some Fraggles will be better at helping in certain areas than others. Mokey, Boober, and Red are available, and will all ask if you need anything when they are approached. Mokey can be found in her room. Boober will be in the Kitchen. Finally, Red will be near a Rock Hockey game in the Great Hall.

When it comes time to get past a throng of arguing Fraggles, use Mokey to calm them down. She will hum a few notes from Time to Live as One. The throng will disperse.

When it comes time to get past the Rock Hockey game, use Red to play a Rock Hockey mini-game. If her team wins, you can progress. If not, you will have to repeat until she does.

Use Boober when you can’t seem to find the frog at all. You, as Wembley, will either hear him, or Boober will sniff him out. If you go near ponds, Boober will wonder why the water smells funny.

Use the Large Jar to capture the Frog.

Once captured, phase two will start.

TO BE CONTINUED ….

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Cinema:

Gobo is seen walking down a tunnel.

Wembley, Red, Boober, and Mokey (enter Gobo and Wembley’s room)

Red (pokes at the jar): That must be the strangest creature in all of Fraggle Rock.

Wembley: Well, actually that’s because he’s from Outer Space.

Mokey (nods): Oh, that’s nice! Is it visiting or moving in?

Wembley (unsure): Uh, well, Gobo’s Uncle Matt wants to give it to Gobo for a birthday surprise. *pauses* I’m keeping it a secret from Gobo.

Red: Well, Wembley … you’ve got your work cut out for you. Tosh said Gobo’s walked out of the Outer Maze about twenty minutes ago.

Wembley (panicking): What?

Boober: You’re going to have to keep it hidden so he can’t hear or see it. And don’t even think of putting it in my room. *leaves*

End cinema.

This phase of the episode will be similar to Assassin’s Creed, where the player must hide in various locations and among various groups to avoid detection. When Gobo is near, Wembley will say “oh, no, here he comes”. Stay hidden until he’s gone, and Wembley will say, “whew, that was close”.

After hiding five times, Wembley will remark that the frog looks lonely. When Uncle Matt returns to Fraggle Rock, you will hear him singing Follow Me to himself. Track him down without getting detected by Gobo and the last phase of the episode will kick in.

Cinema:

Doc (standing on the porch outside the front door to the Workshop, looking around): Sprocket?

Sprocket (appears beside him, with a questioning expression)

Doc: I think someone’s doing something over in that pond near the Captain’s Inn, Sprockie.

Sprocket (hangs head low, growls and snarls)

Doc (grabs Sprocket’s collar): Now, hold on, boy. We mustn’t be too hasty. I think I’m calling the police. *pauses* And Ms. Ardath. She could be in danger if she leaves the Inn.

The scene cuts to Uncle Matt, who gives Gobo the Space Frog. The Friendship Song Reprise is sung.

Wembley (stares at the frog with Gobo): So, what are you going to do with the little guy, huh, Gobo?

Gobo (staring at the frog): I don’t know, Wembley. I guess I should put him in one of the ponds, eh?

Red: Ewww! He’ll slime up our swimming hole!

Gobo: Fine, Red. We’ll find him another pond.

End cinema.

Wembley and Gobo are partnered this time around. One must find a pond that’s suitable (in other words, no dangers present nearby). Gobo will let you know if he approves. Once you find one, an in-game conversation will begin.

Gobo (holding out the jar): I wonder why he’s not going in.

Wembley: Is the lid on?

Gobo: Of course it is, Wembley. I’m not --. *twists lid off and sighs*

Wembley: It still isn’t jumping out. Doesn’t it like this new home?

Gobo (puts his hand in the water and splashes): Come on, little Space Frog. This is a neat new home for you, eh?

Wembley: Maybe it misses its home in Outer Space.

Gobo (gasps, groaning, shaking his hand): Something’s burning in this water!

Wembley (peers into the pond): I don’t see anything. Let me feel --.

Gobo (panicked): Wembley! Don’t! Take the frog and take it back to Outer Space! We can’t let it stay here while something’s wrong with the water! Hurry!

Wembley must run to Outer Space with the Large Jar. Once he does, he will release it through the hole to Doc’s Workshop and a cinema will begin.

Cinema:

Doc (hangs up the phone): Ms. Ardath said the police picked up the vandal. The crook was dumping bags of stuff into the water.

Frog (hops out of the Fraggle Hole)

Sprocket (sniffs and wags his tail and finds the frog, alerting Doc to what he’s found)

Doc (picks up the frog): This explains a lot. The crook’s been tripping the Inn’s circuit breakers and the frogs have been escaping the polluted water. I’m glad the Water Department will be by soon to see what they can do to fix it.

Sprocket (taps Doc and does his Ned “choking” pantomime)

Doc: Oh, Ned? I guess he was allergic to something. With the pond fixed, I’m sure he’ll be better. I guess it’s not the End after all, my boy. *chuckles*

Trophy: SPACE FROG FOLLIES
Complete Episode 4.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... Yes, it takes a true fan to recognize the different episodes that can be melded together into this update. Not only do we have Space Frog Follies, but it plays with the episode where the waters were being contaminated. That one sticks in my mind because I remember Boober shoving the pack of Uncle Matt postcards tied up with moss out the Fragglehole into the workshop to prove there were living creatures which stopped Doc from agreeing with the technician in going forward with the pollution.
Who knows... Seeing as how he's now waiting for the water department to fix this latest bout, mayhaps that opens the door alerting a certain aquatic azrai from this other fic I happen to know of. :stick_out_tongue: