1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rocks nod to Peanuts

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by RKUNKLER, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

* giggles * Gobo'd make a good Han Solo.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I couldn't remember the name at first, but I looked it up just now and it was Snoopy! The Musical, from 1988. :)

Here's the Snoopy writer's clip from it that someone posted on youtube. Bad quality but you can basically see it and the sound is perfect (beautiful number!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KM4Fy7uDow

Recognize the voice? It's Leonardo from the Ninja Turtles cartoon. Totally tubular!

I'd definitely recommend this special! Oh and here's them singing "Just One Person!"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pd5XnSw22ms
  3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I think we're about to serve up a muffin, but:

Gobo - Han Solo
    Mokey - Leia
    Sprocket - Chewbacca
    Wembley - Luke
    Junior/Marvin(?) - Jabba
    Boober - C3PO

Okay, I'm spent! LOL!
  4. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

Uncle Matt - obi Wan Kenobi
    That woud be Interesting but different and i agree that its great that they never did that.
  5. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Actually, it's in reference to The Incredible Shrinking Man, a sci fi movie from the 50's that The Incredible Shrinking Woman was parodying in 1981 (I actually prefer the Woman. Sydney the gorilla was the best!).
  6. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

My mistake. I meant to imply that Peanuts used it before Fraggle Rock, rather than Schulz having created the phrase. Charles Schulz was pretty well read, so it makes sense that he'd reference older literature in his comics.
  7. heralde

I never thought about it before but yeah, a lot of the Fraggle episode titles are some kind of spin on a common saying. Like as someone said earlier "Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk", which is used quite literally in that episode! (Love that episode btw! It's so pointless, but it's great! lol).

Or "Bored Stiff." What happens in that episode anyway? I've read the summary but...
  8. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Sorry, I read the summary too, but you probably know more than I do at this point.
  9. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

MAYBE THE WRITERS WRITE THE SCRIPT AND THEN come up with a title that fits, it would make sence but right now we dont know.
  10. Fragglemuppet

I forgot to mention this Haralde, and it's another big muffin, but I think it's funny! You keep doing it to me! You always seem to make refference to something I said earlier, except you always seem to forget who said it, calling me, "someone"! I was the one who mentioned Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk, lol!
    Cute, cute trick.
  11. heralde

Really? Lol, that is funny. Sorry about that, I can get kinda lazy and forget to look back at things I've noticed. But very good point you made! ;)
  12. Fragglemuppet

'sok, I just find it funny how it seems to always happen to me! Anyway, thanks!
    :D
  13. heralde

Well great minds think alike I guess! ;)
  14. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

3rd season episode 7.Home Is Where the Trash Is. Thats a twist on Home is where the heart is.
  15. The 11th UrRu

The 11th UrRu Member

A link here would be fitting, no two men in the business have made more people smile that Jim Henson and Charles Schultz. They are surely 1a and 1b.