1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Free "Muppets Take Manhattan" DVD in Lucky Charms cereal

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by ppawuk, Sep 24, 2002.

1. petrieboy

petrieboy Member

Those darn orange circus peanuts.

I wish someone had not mentioned that they are the same as the marshmallows in lucky charms. When I was little, I ate a bag of the peanuts and then vomited all over my dad's girlfriend's new shoes while we were driving. Since then, I dread the sight of them- they smell completely nasty. My friend bought me a king size bag of them when I graduated high school to make me smile.
    Now, I enjoy the marshmallows in cereals. But I have a problem and Id like to know if anyone else experiences this. They send shivers up my whole body, through my teeth. I cannot eat them along with the grain cereal... I have to eat the grain cereal first, and then eat the marshmallow bits at the end. I usually suck on them to break them down--- otherwise I will have horrible chills when they crunch. The same thing happens if you rub/scratch foam or egg cartons near me... or, sadly, when I walk through fresh fallen snow. :(
    Can't they just put the cd on boxes of Cranberry Almond Crunch? Now that's some good cereal.
  2. about those shivers...

I don't get then that extremely, but I do get awful shivers when I even think about chewing cotton or tissue paper. Does that happen to you, too?

--"Scary" Larry Wolf
  3. petrieboy

petrieboy Member

cotton and tissue paper!

I hadn't thought about chewing these...
    but I can safely say that it's going to take me 15 minutes to recover from your email. Right now my teeth are clenched tight and I'm feeling something like vertigo.
  4. towels

towels New Member

I'm pretty sure I saw some Honey Nut Cheerios sitting in the display...so it's not all "marshmallow"y goodness.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

YOU TOO!!?!?!?! I thought that I was the only one! My dad used to tease me by rubbing styrofoam bits back and forth. Everytime I hear it I completely freeze up!
  6. Lu775

Lu775 Member

You guys are sending shivers down my spine just reading about it! Espcially the chewing cotton or kleenex. EEEEEK!
    *Shiver*
  7. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Oh i never could chew cotton candy, it just went down, i never really wanted the stuff to touch my teeth, nor would i let it sit in my mouth and evaporate, i was just like a vaccum cleaner when i ate it. uhh, err...i don't think that helps....
  8. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

Has anyone seen these boxes in Canada? I've been looking in Toronto and all I can find is cases and cases of Lucky Charms with a free "Sorry" CD-ROM game. Crappy.
  9. Stulz

Stulz Member

DVD -ROM??

I saw only boxes of (yuck) Luck Charms with the free DVD's inside. But on the side they all say for you computers DVD -Rom drive??

what's the deal with this?

Do the movies and shows play only in DVD Rom drives or is that just for the AOL promotion?

I'm waiting till i see Cinnomon Toast Crunch cereal with the the DVD's .. but i want to know if it's worth it...
  10. Struble

Struble New Member

I think the exact opposite. I think the film is of such a high quality, that it is worthy of giving it away free. Think about this a moment. In this day and age, most people still don't own a DVD player. What's a good thing to make people try out new technology? Free stuff! What's even better than that? Quality free stuff. The muppets were chosen for this promotion because they are representatives of quality entertainment. Not because someone thought they were cheap and disposible.

I swear, no matter what is done with Muppets, |someone| is gonna find a way to get upset.

Sh.
  11. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

Why would anyone even want the disc? It's only in pan-and-scan...
  12. petrieboy

petrieboy Member

If someone is not a big muppet fan, they will want it even though it is pan and scan. I told my friends about this cereal bonus and they thought I was joking, that a dvd came free with Lucky Charms. They laughed. One of them doesn't have a dvd player and he has been thinking about getting one recently- if he sees the cereal I think he'll buy it, and will soon get a dvd player. Think of a movie you don't really care about and never would have bought, but a movie that you wouldn't mind watching every blue moon. You wouldn't buy it period, it's free... why not? I do want to know, what other dvds are available? Bear in the Blue House? I've never seen this show. Which episode(s) is it? Was it originally shot in pan/scan? Also, do these dvds come in an original case or in a promotional, free cheapie case?
  13. Drtooth

I'll have to meet you guys both ways. I feel hurt that a classic Muppet Movie comes free with the purchase of cereal ( while people are dumb enogh to buy DVD's of Big Fart Liar and Disney's cheapquals). However, if it's for promoting the Muppets to those of the Jaded public force fed the same old crap on the Telly (television, not the Monster) I agree with it. Though, personally, If I had a DVD, I'd rather go to best buy and pick up TMTM for 9.99 for commentary and the like.

As for Pan and Scan...Yes, Bear and Jackie Chan (both being made for TV) are not originally shot in Widescreen, as with Jackie Chan, Animators have to use special feild guides to make sure nothing goes off the standard TV screen visually! Bear is a TV show, and as such, also follows a similar rule. Besides, Movie cameras and TV Cameras usually have special differences in these ways!

But really! A Peanut, colored orange and banana flavored? Who was the "brilliant" dude that came up with that?
  14. awkwardboyhero

awkwardboyhero New Member

Okay, I'm hoping that when I go to the grocery store later this afternoon, there will be a box of cereal waiting for me with a "MTM" DVD inside. However, is there any way to guarantee that it's the Muppet DVD that I get?

I have little to no interest in "Bear in the Blue House" or "Jackie Chan Adventures".... and I'm certainly not going to buy several boxes of cereal searching for the one I want.... (I went through that in a mild way with the Sesame Street mini-beans (darn Snuffy! Where were you??)

Thanks.

-Colin
  15. Stulz

Stulz Member

On the outside

You can see the DVD through a window on the front of the box. You can pick which DVD you want.
  16. Drtooth

I'm so glad they actually come INSIDE the cereal, rather than having to send away for it. I should have sent away for the entire Sesame collection, but didn't for some stupid reason.

I have seen these window packages. It's not the first time. They started doing it with the Toy Story 2 hanging...things... on boxes of the afformentioned Yucky CHarms. This is great. Not only do I know what it is, but I know that it's there, and won't sift my hands through the box to find nothing!