Frog Of Thunder.

TommyTheMad

Reaction score
I am working on a couple of Kermits for my Doctor Doom fan film. I'll explain later how Kermit fits in. Anyway, I'm making a few of them so I can get ONE good one out of the bunch just in case the others are failures.

I'm making my own pattern as I go, so hopefully they won't suck too badly.

More shots as I go along.

TommyTheMad

Reaction score
Yeah, these aren't the right kind of fleece. I had someone recommend some stuff to me, after I dropped the cash for the stuff I'm using. I am confident though over time, that the fleece I'm using will pill up a bit, and hide the seams a bit better.

Blink

Reaction score
Yeah, these aren't the right kind of fleece. I had someone recommend some stuff to me, after I dropped the cash for the stuff I'm using. I am confident though over time, that the fleece I'm using will pill up a bit, and hide the seams a bit better.
It may be worth it to stop at this point and rethink all of the work you are doing. You are not too far in to hold up.

You may have to wait to get your order of antron, but you might be much happier with antron fleece.

Funny, but I think the fleece that you have is ironically "anti-pill polar fleece".

But ultimately they are your puppets, your prerogative.

TommyTheMad

Reaction score
No, actually this stuff pills up pretty nicely, even when you don't want it to.

I found a place to get Antron Fleece, so that shouldn't be a problem, just a waiting game is all.

I wanted to make these, just to get into the practice of making a Kermit that looked right. I'll let everyone know how they turn out after things are said and done.

Blink

Reaction score
Well, I am glad it is not the anti-pill fleece. I wish you the best and you are definately getting great practice.

TommyTheMad

Reaction score
I'm learning a lot about muppet construction. I want to actually be decent at it when I get the right materials.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
I'll have to take your idea on the pupils. I ended up having to do paint cuz the ideas i was trying out were failures...

I used fleece. And tho the seams show like crazy... it being my first time trying him... i thought it was a good idea for the practice, since its cheaper and also because i can get my hands on the material just by going to the store and buying it