1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Frog Of Thunder.

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by TommyTheMad, Dec 7, 2008.

1. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

I am working on a couple of Kermits for my Doctor Doom fan film. I'll explain later how Kermit fits in. Anyway, I'm making a few of them so I can get ONE good one out of the bunch just in case the others are failures.

I'm making my own pattern as I go, so hopefully they won't suck too badly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More shots as I go along.
  2. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

3. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

You need to find the henson stitch.
  4. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Well, I don't think the "Henson stitch" would hide the seam on that kind of material anyway.

Neat project. They look pretty nice.
  5. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

Yeah, these aren't the right kind of fleece. I had someone recommend some stuff to me, after I dropped the cash for the stuff I'm using. I am confident though over time, that the fleece I'm using will pill up a bit, and hide the seams a bit better.
  6. Blink

Blink Member

It may be worth it to stop at this point and rethink all of the work you are doing. You are not too far in to hold up.

You may have to wait to get your order of antron, but you might be much happier with antron fleece.

Funny, but I think the fleece that you have is ironically "anti-pill polar fleece".

But ultimately they are your puppets, your prerogative.
  7. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

No, actually this stuff pills up pretty nicely, even when you don't want it to.

I found a place to get Antron Fleece, so that shouldn't be a problem, just a waiting game is all.

I wanted to make these, just to get into the practice of making a Kermit that looked right. I'll let everyone know how they turn out after things are said and done.
  8. Blink

Blink Member

Well, I am glad it is not the anti-pill fleece. I wish you the best and you are definately getting great practice.
  9. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

I'm learning a lot about muppet construction. I want to actually be decent at it when I get the right materials.
  10. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

I'll have to take your idea on the pupils. I ended up having to do paint cuz the ideas i was trying out were failures...

I used fleece. And tho the seams show like crazy... it being my first time trying him... i thought it was a good idea for the practice, since its cheaper and also because i can get my hands on the material just by going to the store and buying it
  11. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

What kind of fleece would you need for the Henson Stitch to be effective?
  12. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

Antron Fleece. Have to wait until after the first of the year to buy it.
  13. yetiman

yetiman Member

Are there links or phone #'s for the best place to buy antron? I am making some puppets and was looking at the regular fleece, wondering how different it looks. Is there any way to stitch the regular fleece that will do a pretty good job of hiding the seams, or is that just a losing battle?
  14. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

I poured the silicone for my eye molds today. So no more cutting up ping pong balls.
  15. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

There is a place but I cant think of it.I know the lady's name is kathy and I think it is something like La Stage.I will see if I can find it.
    It is www.gastage.com
  16. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

Not sure how many people need ping pong ball sized eyes, but I have a mold made, and can make them.
  17. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Torso Fronts, and eyes prior to the silicone for the mold.
  18. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

19. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

Wait a minute what about Antron Fleece?
  20. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

Apparently Antron Fleece is what they make the Muppets out of.