1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Frog Of Thunder.

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by TommyTheMad, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

Either way you're doing a good job. ;) Keep it up.
  2. muppetfan89

muppetfan89 Member

what material did you use to make the mouth piece?
  3. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/6429/backsdg9.jpg

Here's the pic of the backs.

For the mouth, I used some leather, which is flexible, yet will hold its shape nicely.

I need to add a little stuffing to the heads so they fill out nicely. I planed down the nose a bit so it wasn't so pointy. I'm actually making a formal pattern so I can duplicate this in Antron when I get some.

Thanks for looking!
  4. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

I saw something like that on Muppets on Puppets.
  5. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

Sorry if this is silly... but is there a reason for having to wait? lol i mean is there a money issue or because the antron fleece is a seasonal thing and no one has it stocked? lol sorry

Also, for muppetperson... Where is the antron fleece located on that site? I've been directed to go there before, but i can't find it nor can any search results come up for me on that site, for antron fleece. I know i'ved seen some sold on other sites... but is this the cheapest site?
  6. yetiman

yetiman Member

CoOKiE: I contacted them two days ago, and it said that they are out of stock and won't have any more until the new year. I don't think it's a seasonal thing.

If you look at the "Contact" page and e-mail or call the person under the 'fleece' listing, they can tell you. I haven't seen it anywhere on the website.

That last question is a good one. Is there anywhere else to buy antron fleece?
  7. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

Thanks Yeti, I got sidelined with making muppet parts. I decided I'm going to be making a Fozzie, and a Gonzo to go with the Kermit for my short film.

Now I need the fur for Fozzie, and of course the pertinent materials for Gonzo.
  8. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

http://punchandbrodie.com/extra/supplies.html

Mentions of a place in NH which is about half the price... however you have to order 50-55 yrds. I should add that i dunno how old the site is so i cant say whether they're still in business.

I THOUGHT i knew more locations... but i really can't find any
  9. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

Anyone need eyes for their puppets? I pulled a half dozen out of my molds, and they look awesome.
  10. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

i bought a case of 36 ping pong balls 3 months ago n prob have 32 left... so i'm good lol
  11. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

Apparently I bought the crappiest ping pong balls, because when I went to cut them in half, they would either break, or the Xacto knife would cut through them wrong, and then of course... Gouge me.

I made a set of molds, and instead of fighting with ping pong balls, I can just drill a hole and mount them with a pop rivet and a plastic backer.
  12. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

how'd you make the molds? i'm a complete newb to the whole molding thing
  13. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

Cut some ping pong balls in half, glued them to a piece of foam core. Made a box for it to sit in, and then poured silicone in over top. Waited for it to cure, and voila, molds.
  14. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

hmmm... and is silicone something you make with things around the house or can you go to Michaels, AC MOORE, or Joann's and buy? I'm also confused on the "foam core"... if its easier, maybe you can direct me to a site, if used, where you learned this.

Are the silicone eyes the result of glossyness that are on the actual muppets? My ping pong balls aren't too gloassy... and i had a horrible experience painting large ping pong balls with glossy white paint, for another charcter i made before.

BTW, thank you for answering all my questions so far.
  15. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

Expect some pics in a bit.

The silicone I buy is not something you can get at Michaels. You can probably get it from Smooth-On. I buy some stuff called GI-1000, which is blue in color when cured. I use 80331 polyurethane resin for the eyes. After they've cured, I polish them smooth with steel wool, then give a coating of primer, then white.

I cast some in translucent clear, so I could add LED's for another puppet I'm working on.
  16. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

Once again, thank you for answering these questions :) and can't wait to see more pics
  17. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

I got sidetracked with work. Pics coming tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get a few minutes to upload something.
  18. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member

19. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

links do not work
  20. TommyTheMad

TommyTheMad New Member