Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
And Quinn, I'm 31 now--please stop calling 30 old. I already feel it, don't need to be reminded. Ooh--my hip! :sleep:
31 ???

That's OOOOLD!!!!

Cookie Monster has always beena lighter, teal color when illustrated, even though he appears to be a royal blue color to us on TV...Grover's darker than he is by several degrees...

pxlforge

Reaction score
Bert seems the most off to me - but haven't examined the others as closely...

I adjusted the shape of his head (was too pointy), made his nose more ovular (too round), flattened and lowered his unibrow, and moved his eyes closer together.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think we're starting to get there on the look for Bert. I could definitely accept pxlforge's version.

BJC899

Reaction score
I still think the color of the skin is to yellow, and should have moer orange in it. Also, an open mouth would be good. If it's aimed for children, always aproach in a smile, including action figures. If you do a google image search for Bert, he's always in a open mouth position, except for that picutre on the 1st page where he has a cigg in his mouth. :rolleyes:

If the figure had an open mouth, everything above the nose on pxlforge's version, and a different skin color, this figure would be a knock out!

pxlforge

Reaction score
BJC899 said:
I still think the color of the skin is to yellow

color of proto is a Lemon Yellow, but should be a Canary Yellow

Only other MAJOR issue I have is the sweater stripes are twice as thick as they should be - usually has more delicate stripes - but that may be a paint application issue?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I think we're starting to get there on the look for Bert. I could definitely accept pxlforge's version.

I will admit to that. It's unnatural to see a Unibrow bent like that, and the one issue I had was his head shape (I forgot to post it). Plus he's never been so flirty. I like the idea, but I'd rather see something like that.

WiGgY

Reaction score
pxlforge said:
Bert seems the most off to me - but haven't examined the others as closely...

I adjusted the shape of his head (was too pointy), made his noce more ovular (too round), flattened and lowered his unibrow, and moved his eyes closer together.
I'd go for this kind of figure, but I agree with Ben that the mouth should be changed. If you combine the mouth Ben made with the top of the head you made it would be acceptable.

Basically, anything that look like the prototype we've been shown is just not right. You can't argue that at all no matter how hard you try.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
A little scale/likeness comparison

Nothing about these resemble the look of the puppets. I really don't understand adding texture to a cartoon likeness. I'm still hoping they change their strategy. Here's a little mock up I made. A side by side comparison of my favorite SS duo and their toy counterpart. I'm not sure what exact scale they will be in so I sized them to match the photo. :stick_out_tongue: :frown: You will not the proportions and liknesses aren't really on the mark. They have the cartoonish PVC look. That's primarily what I'm objecting to. Thought an illustration would help. Bert's height/weight looks okay, but his likeness and coloring leaves much to be desired. Ernie looks like a dwarf.

CLICK HERE

pxlforge

Reaction score
I wish I could seen the cartoony images these are supposed to be based on. They don't look specifically cartoony to me, just wrong. And that comparison image makes many of the mistakes pretty clear. I guess my question is what cartoon images really look like this? links? pics?

Proportions: there is definitely a dwarflike quality to Ernie's body proportions. He was short, scaled smaller, but but still proportioned somewhat similarly to Bert. Are the photos of Ernie and Bert protos in scale with each other or is the Ernie pic more of a closeup (if the pics are in scale Ernie's got a bad case of encephalitis and needs a headshrinking)? Ernie prototype is to Ernie puppet as Mini-me is to Dr. Evil. It looks like a Sesame Baby Ernie, not a full grown Ernie.

Likeness: already mentioned what I spotted on Bert (headshape, noseshape, browshape, eyeposition). Ernie's eyes seem too big and the pupils aren't positioned right (think they should be slightly lower and slightly closer together). Also the ears in the puppet pic have a more upwards sloping halfheart shape. Both of their hair needs some work Berts looks like a black christmas bow on his head. I also agree that Bert's mouth needs to be open.

Detail: the extra thick stripes on the figures also contribute to the more cartoony quality. I'm sure its easier and cheaper to make big blocky stripes, but thats NOT up to the level of quality we've been led to believe F4A is aiming for.

The most cartoony elements to me (aside from the ones listed above) are ernie's undetailed tube-like arms, Berts arms have SOME visible folds to make them look like fabric sleeves.

Question for everyone - do you want to see Happy Bert? Flirty Bert? or Angry Bert? (I vote for angry - wasn't he always angry? Just remember him most that way)

Status
Not open for further replies.