Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Yes, they should be kidsafe, but that doesnt mean they have to look cartoonish for the kids sake. That is the issue at hand.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
And for the record I am no where NEAR 30. When I get around that age I don't think I'll be collecting any kind of action figure brand.
Just wait... I'm 26, almost 27, and my desire for toys is going strong. You're never too old for action figures...

:smile:

pxlforge

Reaction score
childproofing sesame

Why not just wrap all accessories that come with each figure in a sealed plastic bag with a big strong warning on it that children younger than 3+ will choke on them, and should throw away the accessories in that case? Save on molded plastic tray that usually has to hold accessories too?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Parents usually ignore those warnings... well, ignorant ones who don't know how to raise kids, at any rate...

So who else wants to see Little Chrissy and Little Jerry?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
If they make this line of figures look real good, I want to see them ALL!! LOL!!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
If my three year old sees these figures, she's going to want them. And believe me, she will notice the accessories in the package and she will be extremely disapointed if she can't have them.

I don't think the likenesses have to be cartoonish to appeal to kids, after all, kids are the vast majority of the SST audience so I think it is safe to say the puppets hold a certain appeal with small children. But the figures themselves do have to be child-safe. I suspect Sesame Workshop wouldn't sign off on the toys if they didn't meet safety standards for small kids.

The kids may not go to the store with pocket money, but they do consume the vast majority of SST merchandise. Parents will buy these for their kids. Fisher Price makes a nice bit of change producing toys for a consumer market that cannot buy them for themselves. Three year olds are perfectly capable of making their desires known and mine can spot a Muppet at 40 paces.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
KUDOS MuppetQuileter... HAHAHA

Thank you, some much deserved backup here!! I thought my name was going to mean something and I would have my entire point "backfire" in my face. Wiggy, my point was to defend Fun-4-All in all oftheir decisions. Another poster (I really don't remember who, but I liked your point, whoever you were... Just bear with me here) stated that they would like to see multiple versions of the SST figs out, like 1970 Bert and Bert2k or something. Anyway, I personally thought this was a great idea for collectors (not for my pocketbook though!!). I just can't see it being vastly marketable. Hence the cartoonish imagery. Kids are drawn to it and you don't have finicky collectors debating over which ERA the figs are from. you can have a fantastic medium to meld the eras together with a different style. And I think the figures they already showed us looked pretty darn good for first drafts! As far as accessories, I have to say I will be dissapointed if they don't come with SOMETHING cool, especially if I am paying 8 bucks a figure for em... But I am sure our friends (P Diresta and all his chums) will have something for us.
All of us.

MuppetQuilter, you go out and BUY your kids these figs when they come out. And God bless ya for it too!!! I wish to this day that I could have used SST figs to play out things in my head as a kid. I was practically raised by that show!!!
Anyway, cheers to all and if anything I said/ say here is interpreted by anyone as a slam (personal) try and relook at my post. I usually don't slam people on the internet, especially for their own opinions, I mean that's why we're here after all. If I slam you, you will know. It will be like, Gorgon Heap!!! You have a silly name and the picture doesn't match it!!! Oh wait, it does.. I was thinking of the Trash Heap... Dang you for confusing me!!
Or something like: Why are there two Fozzies here!!! One is apparently Ken and I insulted him unwittingly!!! How dare you!!! Get your own names or call yourself "Fozzie and Ken-Fozzie" or something so I can discern... GRRRR.
See, those were personal slams (although they should not be taken as such since I have NO bad emotion towards anyone here. Yet. HAHAHA)
This was a little more than two cents. Sorry folks.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Uuhhhh....

Okay, so what's the latest news on these figures?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, what's the latest news on the figures? Are the revisions happening as we speak? Will the likeness be based more on the puppets themselves? Will they be released and finished in time for a projected March 2004 date? Will we be getting playsets along with this figure line? Is the license for only Sesame Street Muppet characters or can you make figures of the human characters also?
Please let us know ASAP to the best of your knowledge, and have a good day.

Gonzo

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
And for the record I am no where NEAR 30. When I get around that age I don't think I'll be collecting any kind of action figure brand.
...I just saw this and had to comment.

:wink:

I'm the big 3-0, and if you're still collecting at 18-19, there's a good chance you'll still be picking these up (well, the good ones) when you're a geezer like me.

Then again, I'm crazy.

:crazy:

And let me second (or third) the notion that these are and should be marketed primarily to children--parents will be spending the cash, but the recipients of the goods will be the pups. The market share that represents FAR outweighs what the collectors will buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.