Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thanks for the update on the figures, pdiresta. Asking us to figure out why Bert would come with a W Muppet is asking us to figure out why Ernie would come with a banana. The answer obviously makes reference to Bert as the leader of the W-Lovers Club, though I think a W Muppet would be a better accessory for a figure of Sergeant Thursday and a plain W accessory would be better for Bert himself.
Still waiting for your reply to my E-mail, but I can wait until you have the info requested. Thanks once again and have a haunted day.
Well, actually, I think there is a reason for Bert coming with a W. In one episode, he took Ernie to a W-Lovers fan club. I believe that Bert is the President of the W-Lovers society.

They all sang the W song:
"It's not any trouble-you
know its a double-u
when you here wuh wuh wuh."

Or something like that. Hope that helps... :frown:

Aaron

Reaction score
sorry to go off topic but phill did you get my email

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
aaron likes rowlf said:
sorry to go off topic but phill did you get my email
Aaron, yes I did and I will take care of the issue for you immediately. You will need to log in and out of the forum to post again.

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Well, by judging from the prototypes, unfortunately, they look like glorified happy meal toys at this point. I think it's the swivle joints. The figures look pretty good, but the articulation looks really iffy. I know basing everything off of prototypes isn't smart, but at this point, even S1 Piggy looks better. Hoping they get better.

Aaron

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Aaron, yes I did and I will take care of the issue for you immediately. You will need to log in and out of the forum to post again.
Thanks Boss

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I really like the lineup for Series 2 - Guy Smilely, Two Headed Monster, Telly, Big Bird, and the Count. It sounds awesome. I think Fun-4-All has a good lineup planned: Start with all major characters in Series 1 to get people interested and then in the next Series put out some of the less known characters. I can't wait until March...

pxlforge

Reaction score
OK, I've seen the pics

and they were better than I thought They'd be (having read a lot of your issues with them). I do agree that these "not final sculpt" prototypes still appear to leave something to be desired (when compared to Palisades Muppets). Mr. Diresta does say "they will have the same level of detail, articulation, and quality" as Palisades' Muppets line. That is a tall order to fill. And Palisades fans are even rough on Palisades. The Muppets line arrives so close to perfect that its fanbase feels they have the right to demand nothing less than 100% show accurate likenesses. Its going to be a bit rough getting too much praise from this crowd without some more work.

Comments/Questions for Fun-4-All corp...

First let me say how happy I am to see these getting made... but

Detail: Detail looks OK on most would have to see higher resolution shots to see the texture, etc. - but I'd really want to see more realism with Oscar's can.

Articulation: does "same level of articulation" mean you'll be adding knee, elbow, hands and feet articulation? and Oscar would have to be removeable form his can.

Quality: the articulation that is visible is TOO visible. Arm and leg joints are hidden better in Palisades line.

The "stylization" doesn't bother me as much as others, but then I haven't studies the likenesses as seriously either.

in closing a good start - but keep refining - and i think making them look more puppets would be a good idea.

MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION ABOUT COMPARING THE LINE TO THE MUPPETS - are they in scale with Palisades Muppets???

Fozzie54

Reaction score
MuppetFan123 said:
The Honkers - preferably a Green,Blue and Pink one with noses that honk
And the baby honker that hatches from his egg! :excited:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
pxlforge said:
MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION ABOUT COMPARING THE LINE TO THE MUPPETS - are they in scale with Palisades Muppets???
Yes they will be in scale with one another. This has been said in several different places.

Status
Not open for further replies.